RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 minute ago, kpark895 said:

Congrats!  When are you sailing?  I have 4 bids cancelled and one bid pending which cannot be cancelled or modified.  Hoping that means I win!

In my case, I put in two bids and one turned into expired (which I lost - nice way to say loser) and the other one indicated pending for a few days and then I got a notification that I got my second choice.  I'm happy with what I got and what I paid.  Good luck to you! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

In my case, I put in two bids and one turned into expired (which I lost - nice way to say loser) and the other one indicated pending for a few days and then I got a notification that I got my second choice.  I'm happy with what I got and what I paid.  Good luck to you! 

How do you check your bid status?

17 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

They are always listed as "pending" until accepted or rejected. I have never seen anything else except "cancelled" after I cancelled a bid or two.

Actually...  We had four bids that all remained as Modify/Cancel until I checked again about 3 weeks before our sailing.  At that point three were listed as Rejected, but the GS bid we really wanted was listed as Pending - we later found out we won that Pending bid a few days before sailing...

• Like 3

18 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

They are always listed as "pending" until accepted or rejected. I have never seen anything else except "cancelled" after I cancelled a bid or two.

58 minutes ago, Ready2SailAway said:

Actually...  We had four bids that all remained as Modify/Cancel until I checked again about 3 weeks before our sailing.  At that point three were listed as Rejected, but the GS bid we really wanted was listed as Pending - we later found out we won that Pending bid a few days before sailing...

Correction to my response above: "At that point three were listed as Expired..." (which means Rejected)

We bid on two categories for our Aug 15th Allure sailing. I even went back in to modify our original bids. One was rejected pretty early and the higher one said pending until we boarded and we received the "no go" email after boarding. Currently bid for upgrades on Sept 19th Harmony. One expired 2 weeks ago and the other is pending with no ability to modify. I do not have confidence that we will get it after our last bid loss though. Either way we will be happy.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sianli said:

We bid on two categories for our Aug 15th Allure sailing. I even went back in to modify our original bids. One was rejected pretty early and the higher one said pending until we boarded and we received the "no go" email after boarding. Currently bid for upgrades on Sept 19th Harmony. One expired 2 weeks ago and the other is pending with no ability to modify. I do not have confidence that we will get it after our last bid loss though. Either way we will be happy.

Good to know...

For 15Aug Allure which categories and what were your per-person bid amounts?

And same question for those 19Sept Harmony pending & expired bids.

For people biding and some getting upgrades for minimum bid.....I wouldn't hold breath that will continue to work. For my upcoming Odyssey sailing starting in a balcony cabin...I bid the maximum of $220/PP for a JS (26 available)...about 30% under maximum for a GS $675/pp (6 available) and a little over minimum for an OS $750/pp (2 available). After about 2 weeks only my JS still showed pending...rest showed expired. I received the JS upgrade  e-mail and asignment 2 days ago (Tues)....sailing is Sat.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sianli said:

That's probably a win for you.

I have read every post in this long thread - NOT.  Sorry if this has been asked before, but we currently have a regular ocean view balcony on Allure in October.  I have several "offers" to bid on upgraded categories.  The first is a spacious ocean view balcony (not going to even consider this over what we have).  The second, though is interesting.  It is listed as an "Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony".  It apparently sleeps six (even though there are just 2 of us).  If this is really that much larger, why isn't it considered a junior suite (which is the next category up)?  Does anyone know the room category so I can look up where these are on the deck plans?  I'm just wondering if it is worth it to bid on that second option.  There are also Jr., GS-1br, GS-2br and Owner's suites - but we won't considering paying even the minimum bids on those.

I'm really just wondering about that Ultra Spacious with Large Balcony, where they all are on the ship and trying to decide if it is worth bidding on (min is $200pp).

21 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

I'm really just wondering about that Ultra Spacious with Large Balcony, where they all are on the ship and trying to decide if it is worth bidding on.

I think they mean the 1K or 1A category cabins which @John&LaLa is fond of.

Edited by Biker19

11 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

I have read every post in this long thread - NOT.  Sorry if this has been asked before, but we currently have a regular ocean view balcony on Allure in October.  I have several "offers" to bid on upgraded categories.  The first is a spacious ocean view balcony (not going to even consider this over what we have).  The second, though is interesting.  It is listed as an "Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony".  It apparently sleeps six (even though there are just 2 of us).  If this is really that much larger, why isn't it considered a junior suite (which is the next category up)?  Does anyone know the room category so I can look up where these are on the deck plans?  I'm just wondering if it is worth it to bid on that second option.  There are also Jr., GS-1br, GS-2br and Owner's suites - but we won't considering paying even the minimum bids on those.

I'm really just wondering about that Ultra Spacious with Large Balcony, where they all are on the ship and trying to decide if it is worth bidding on (min is $200pp).

That’s the room type we originally had booked on Oasis and at least on that ship the room had bunk beds in what I can assume was once a closet and the room itself seemed a little bigger as did the balcony.

Also, there is an Ultra Spacious cabin currently available on Oasis, Cabin 7330, for 12/5, and it was the last cabin before the suites at the very back of the ship.  I think that cabin fills a niche that can't be filled with two cabins, and it is large, accommodating 6 people, with a double sized balcony.  I would bid on it for just the $200.  If it's at the back of the ship, remember it is a long walk forward to the elevators, if that is an issue for you.  If you search for Oasis of the Seas Cabin 7330, you can find an example of it on Oasis.  

Maybe someone else can weigh in on the cabins at the front of the ship.

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1