RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, seabeew said:

I don’t know if I may have missed this on the thread, but has anyone ever won a bid and then received another opportunity to bid up on a higher level cabin?

Yes, I've seen that reported.

I have quickly scanned through this thread not realising people were posting their experiences and it is a very interesting reading.

I have had the e.mail for Indie 18th May sailing, twice ! . Declined as we are happy with our balcony cabin GTY result and got a price drop of £300 on the cruise so we are in a win win situation. 

I also got the e.mail for the Explorer 31st May sailing. We booked an inside GTY months ago , happy with the deck but not too excited about the location of the allocated cabin. There was a huge price drop but couldn’t get it as for “ new bookings only “ so technically we have paid way over the odds for our cabin. Hubby said in for a penny in for a pound and bid for the upgrade as we had the price drop on the other cruise. So, do you think the odds are for us as RCI already had more money out of us for the inside GTY and we are willing to pay more for the upgrade bid ?  😆.

Will try and remember to report back the result .

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You'll get the denial about 6PM today - that's normal.

We had an OS cancel last night on Serenade TA. No report on who snatched it up. Leave tomorrow.  

Dreams can come true. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We had an OS cancel last night on Serenade TA. No report on who snatched it up. Leave tomorrow.  

Dreams can come true. 😉

Imagine the cha-ching cascade the ensued once the RoyalUp bid on that OS went through !  This scenario is Royal Caribbean bean counters ‘ wet dream. ALL the way from the tippy top to the ocean view.  Sweet music 

Edited by RFerrington
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

Imagine the ca-ching cascade the ensued once the RoyalUp bid on that OS went through !  This scenario is Royal Caribbean bean counters ‘ wet dream. ALL the way from the tippy top to the ocean view.  Sweet music 

Exactly what it's there for. Still can't believe someone bailed at the 48 hour mark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine the ca-ching cascade the ensued once the RoyalUp bid on that OS went through ! 

Yeah, but some inside will probably still remain empty - somehow being able to sell that on the last day would be the ideal for RCI.

• Like 1

Just now, Biker19 said:

Yeah, but some inside will probably still remain empty - somehow being able to sell that on the last day would be the ideal for RCI.

The cabin is available for someone to move to when they complain about noise. 😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

True but I’m sure they couldn’t care less about an empty inside.  As John said, this is precisely the scenario that RoyalUp was designed to take advantage of AND think of all the happy people to be getting their bids accepted at the last minute. Such a win-win.

Edited by RFerrington

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yeah, but RCI is making no money on that.

Insides were selling for $550 pp 6 weeks ago.

I gave them $900 to go from inside to balcony about then

Edited by John&LaLa

As John said, this is precisely the scenario that RoyalUp was designed to take advantage of AND think of all the happy people to be getting their bids accepted at the last minute.

This was already in place via the upsell fairy - RCI just automated that with the help of Plusgrade and fired the upsell fairy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This was already in place via the upsell fairy - RCI just automated that with the help of Plusgrade and fired the upsell fairy.

True, but it's really short notice. Lots of calls, people on the road already 

GS to OS

JS to GS

Spacious balcony to JS

Balcony to Spacious balcony

OV to balcony

Inside to OV

Still an empty cabin most likely

Edited by John&LaLa

I've gotten the RoyalUp email 3x so far. First time, the day after I adjusted my settings to receive promotional emails, second time, exactly one month prior, last time, 12 days prior. Did not bid as I thought the prices were a little high for a 5 night.

From obstructed balcony:

$30 pp for regular balcony

$120 pp for spacious balcony (minimum bid)

$250 pp for JS

$450 pp for GS

all minimum bids

Grand Loft Suite only room showing as currently available.

Edited by marci22

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Exactly what it's there for. Still can't believe someone bailed at the 48 hour mark.

At that point, I'd almost call, ask for a supervisor and try to negotiate. Hey, I may not be coming and don't want to lose everything. If I cancel now, you can make a whole lot more Royal Upping my room. If I just no show, you can't sell it. How about some FCC here? lol

And Yes, I know it wouldn't work. 

I apologize if this was asked before, I admit I didn't read all 84 pages.  This is our scenario,  we currently have 2 adjoining balconies booked.  Has anyone been able to bid on a 2 bedroom and combined the 2 cabins into one?

Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, susanrobert said:

I apologize if this was asked before, I admit I didn't read all 84 pages.  This is our scenario,  we currently have 2 adjoining balconies booked.  Has anyone been able to bid on a 2 bedroom and combined the 2 cabins into one?

Thanks in advance!

No, the only bids reported have been one stateroom to one stateroom.