Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

I especially enjoyed the information while you had your night out in Miami. We are staying in the Brickell area for two nights pre cruise in a few months.  I am looking forward to the food and drinks.   

Hey , what the heck is a charcoal bun. Like shown in the picture of those sliders you got in Miami.  . It did not look edible. How was it.

3 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I wonder if there is any way we could contact NCL with a complaint about nappers in the lounge. Does anyone have contact info/feedback email address I can write to?

i would definitely be willing to send a note this week, as my Bliss cruise is Christmas.

the only way the situation will be resolved is by speaking up, it might be a case of...”no one is bothering to say anything, so NCL doesn’t really consider it a priority”.

NCL is pretty on top of chair hogs, so maybe they’ll pay attention to this too.

other option is...if you’re in a group, you could sit near a napper, have a loud chat and play some music on a speaker to deter them. 

Hey Mark,

Our stateroom during our Nov 24-Dec 1 sailing was on Deck 15, same as the OL, so we spent a lot of time there, not napping and not being gross, obvs!  That being said, we just didn't have the same experience. Didn't see a lot of nappers, like, everywhere. It's a really huge space and yeah, we saw a handful of nappers, sometimes, during very quiet times where the OL wasn't very populated, but it didn't affect our enjoyment of the space.  Spent plenty of time there and had little difficulty finding seats near the windows. One of our favorite moments of the entire voyage was sitting right up front during the Tortola sailaway and chatting happily with new cruising friends. The bar there is just awesome as well. I think every cruise is different.  Sid's review was awesome!!!  But don't let it get you worried.  I fretted about it before we left but for our trip, it just wasn't a problem. The OL is still the best and most unique feature of the Bliss. 

Edited by CincyJen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CincyJen said:

Best Washy Washy guy in the Norwegian fleet.  As we disembarked on December 1, he was standing on Deck 8 waving goodbye and small children ran to him and hugged him and I was honestly in tears. He was magic.  We made up Washy Washy Christmas songs with him during our voyage.  Dammit, what is his name? He should be a star.

The other Wash Washy Guy (Starboard)

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2859 (1).jpg

Edited by need2cruisesoon
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, SAmome said:

0c8d1fd046ea1cde9c224a79adefc943.jpg

I have a question that just came up as I was familarizing myself with what's included and not in the UBP.  Were you able to order Silver Patron Margaritas without and upcharge?  Thanks.

Yes, Patron silver has been moved back under the $15 limit, and is totally included. 90% of the drinks I had this week were with Patron silver, and never charged an additional cent...

Great review, as always, thank-you so much!  I've been toying w/ the idea of a solo Bliss trip, and your review pushed me closer to booking.  Minus the napping in the OL of course.  BTW, sailed Harmony last summer and will be on Allure in February.  Highly recommend.  DH was complaining about the Harmony booking, said he didn't want to go, and I told him the deposits were non-refundable, he could stay home but the rest of us were going.  W/in the first day he was saying "next time we're on this".  RCCL also has no limit on number of drinks with the drink package.  I usually don't go over five drinks/day on a cruise, but I don't like the thought of being limited, just in case 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edspec said:

Great review, as always, thank-you so much!  I've been toying w/ the idea of a solo Bliss trip, and your review pushed me closer to booking.  Minus the napping in the OL of course.  BTW, sailed Harmony last summer and will be on Allure in February.  Highly recommend.  DH was complaining about the Harmony booking, said he didn't want to go, and I told him the deposits were non-refundable, he could stay home but the rest of us were going.  W/in the first day he was saying "next time we're on this".  RCCL also has no limit on number of drinks with the drink package.  I usually don't go over five drinks/day on a cruise, but I don't like the thought of being limited, just in case 🙂

Is there a limit with NCL?

16 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I wonder if there is any way we could contact NCL with a complaint about nappers in the lounge. Does anyone have contact info/feedback email address I can write to?

i would definitely be willing to send a note this week, as my Bliss cruise is Christmas.

the only way the situation will be resolved is by speaking up, it might be a case of...”no one is bothering to say anything, so NCL doesn’t really consider it a priority”.

NCL is pretty on top of chair hogs, so maybe they’ll pay attention to this too.

other option is...if you’re in a group, you could sit near a napper, have a loud chat and play some music on a speaker to deter them. 

Yeah, I would be willing to contact them too.  Like, go nap in your room!  And the bare feet?  That's just...a very basic question of cleanliness.  

Great job Sid. I just binge read your entire review. The ship looks phenomenal. 

The rude people in the Observation Lounge aren't going to stop me from sailing the Bliss. I'll just ignore them and find another spot in the lounge to sit. 

Thanks again. I need to check out your other reviews.  

Edited by Yorkvillain
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Shidah said:

I’d be willing to write as well if you find an address.

14 hours ago, Shidah said:

4 minutes ago, ClaireAndMike said:

Yeah, I would be willing to contact them too.  Like, go nap in your room!  And the bare feet?  That's just...a very basic question of cleanliness.  

Here you go...contact information for NCL.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/

I would suggest emailing Vivian Ewart first.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cml4958 said:

Here you go...contact information for NCL.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/

I would suggest emailing Vivian Ewart first.

Haha thanks!  I'll wait until I return from my sailing to see what my firsthand experience is.  Maybe they'll read it, laugh and move on, but you never know!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Great job Sid. I just binge read your entire review. The ship looks phenomenal. 

The rude people in the Observation Lounge aren't going to stop me from sailing the Bliss. I'll just ignore them and find another spot in the lounge to sit. 

Thanks again. I need to check out your other reviews.  

Thanks, Yorkvillain... I was hoping you would find your way over here. The Bliss is awesome. Don't let nappers in the OL stop you from enjoying this awesome vessel...

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Yes, Patron silver has been moved back under the $15 limit, and is totally included. 90% of the drinks I had this week were with Patron silver, and never charged an additional cent...

Thanks for the info, so hard to keep straight what changes when and didn't see a list on NCL website.

• Like 1

I've just gone back through the whole thread and recorded each and every one of you fine readers usernames, and as soon as I can type them out I will personally thank EACH and EVERY ONE OF YOU... It has become a tradition of my reviews, so if it ain't broke, ect... I'm at work right now, so it'll probably be tomorrow, so bear with me. I just like to show how much I appreciate all of your input. It's the only reason I do this......

• Like 9

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Thanks, Yorkvillain... I was hoping you would find your way over here. The Bliss is awesome. Don't let nappers in the OL stop you from enjoying this awesome vessel...

I would have loved to follow along live however I was also on a ship last week (on another line 😉) with even worse WiFi than the Bliss. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I've just gone back through the whole thread and recorded each and every one of you fine readers usernames, and as soon as I can type them out I will personally thank EACH and EVERY ONE OF YOU... It has become a tradition of my reviews, so if it ain't broke, ect... I'm at work right now, so it'll probably be tomorrow, so bear with me. I just like to show how much I appreciate all of your input. It's the only reason I do this......

Thanks for bringing us along another one of your amazing cruises. Looking forward to your next adventures. 

• Like 2