Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I've read about people getting offers with new higher prices but has anyone gotten a second offer with LOWER prices?

This is a great question. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm sailing in a 1C on Sympohony on June 01 and I have the UDP and UBP so i'm not sure if the upgrade to a JS is even worth bidding on. If its 400$+++ PP to bid on a GS I doubt I'll do it, just because its a trip without my husband and he'd probably get aggravated with me, the cruise is expensive enough with the fare + drinks + food for the 3 of us, close to 5k. 

There are so many suites still available still, close to 50, it's seems like they will have to start the Royal Up process soon?

9 minutes ago, amyhphoto said:

This is a great question. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm sailing in a 1C on Sympohony on June 01 and I have the UDP and UBP so i'm not sure if the upgrade to a JS is even worth bidding on. If its 400$+++ PP to bid on a GS I doubt I'll do it, just because its a trip without my husband and he'd probably get aggravated with me, the cruise is expensive enough with the fare + drinks + food for the 3 of us, close to 5k. 

There are so many suites still available still, close to 50, it's seems like they will have to start the Royal Up process soon?

Same thing here.  Our cruise is only 3 days and we have the UDP and the friend I am taking does not drink so a suite is probably not worth it.  AND certainly not at $350pp

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I've read about people getting offers with new higher prices but has anyone gotten a second offer with LOWER prices?

You don't need to get another offer - just keep checking the site - the prices are dynamic, they may go up or down with time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You don't need to get another offer - just keep checking the site - the prices are dynamic, they may go up or down with time.

Can you explain further? Isn’t there a minimum bid? I haven’t read all of the thread so forgive me if I’m repeating past posts, do you mean wait to place your bid? I haven’t experienced the Royal Up process yet or dealt with it on Celebrity either. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, amyhphoto said:

Isn’t there a minimum bid? 

Yes but that min, or the max, can change depending on when you check, sorta like cabin prices. You can change your bid at any time.

Edited by Biker19

Oh ok. So you go to a website to  check your own bid?

I assumed you just made your bid and walked away.

People are posting things like 

“I leave is 3 days, how do I know if my bid has been accepted”

So why don’t they just check the website?

I should probably just wait and see if I get the letter, I’m just in the pre cruise obsessed stage. Plus there are SO many cabins available on my June 01 sailing, (so confused by that too) it’s got me convinced they must want to get people bidding, not sure why they’re waiting so long to send out the offer letters. 

Thanks for indulging me. I’ll stop now. 

13 minutes ago, amyhphoto said:

So you go to a website to  check your own bid?

So why don’t they just check the website?

You can only bid and then it stays in "Pending" status till you either win or get denied - those notifications come via e-mail - you can't can't see anything else on the web site.

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

I'm happy to announce that I am not longer a RoyalUp virign.  Just received my first offer for our 3 day HM sailing.

$550pp for an OS $350pp for a GS and $150 pp for a JS.  We are in an OV balcony.  Interesting thing is that I could upgrade myself to a JS today and PICK MY CABIN for $400

Not bidding.  Too much for a d day trip

Didn't you say Dan received one

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You can only bid and then it stays in "Pending" status till you either win or get denied - those notifications come via e-mail - you can't can't see anything else on the web site.

Don’t let that pending status be your “check” that the bid is valid.  I had an almost max bid on a Royal Suite.  When I went to check how my bid was fairing (because as someone mentioned, the bid’s strength does fluctuate...who knows why) it said pending.  It wasn’t until I went in to change the bid that I found out it was no longer valid.  Had I known that I would have bid on other cabins at a stronger bid. 

I told RC that it is misleading to say the bid is valid until accepted and credit card charged, when in reality, it was not a valid bid.

so go in and try to change your bids...to make sure they are valid.

I received a "Royal Up" offer for our Alaska Cruise in June, but once I realized that our gratuity would also be charged more, than it is less appealing.

"Q. If my client is upgraded to a higher category stateroom with RoyalUp, will they have to pay a gratuity amount based on the new upgraded category? A. Yes, by upgrading to a higher stateroom category, each guest in the booking may be subject to a higher gratuity amount. The Offer Amount does not include the higher gratuity. If the Offer is accepted, the difference between the original and upgraded stateroom gratuities (if applicable) will be automatically applied to all guests (the “Additional Charges”)."

5 hours ago, miles4us2go said:

The last question on this FAQ is: 

• Are the RoyalUp℠ upcharges commissionable?

I don't know if that means a travel agent's commission.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/topics/royalup-stateroom-upgrade-program

Yes, it means the travel agent's commission increases (in most cases) when someone's bed is accepted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will sailing on grandeur april 6 2018. Here is a list of royal up offers, and the date they came out. I did not bid on any of them, i have an aft corner juior suite. 

Feb 5

Royal suite-$900 pp

Owners suite-$400 pp

Grand suite-$300 pp

March 7

Royal suite-$1,900 pp

Owners suite- $600 pp

Grand suite-$600 pp

March 27 same prices as march 7

This cruise is FULL, this will be the second sailing after canceling cruises and going into dry dock ( marine maintenance)  So the prices are crazy. No last minute deals here. 

There were people on our roll call that never recieved an offer at all. And the person with the other aft corner,recieved the same offers. This leads me to believe that it is done by room category. 

I figure i would share this information, since there seems to be questions as to when these offers come out. 

6 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

I will sailing on grandeur april 6 2018. Here is a list of royal up offers, and the date they came out. I did not bid on any of them, i have an aft corner juior suite. 

Feb 5

Royal suite-$900 pp

Owners suite-$400 pp

Grand suite-$300 pp

March 7

Royal suite-$1,900 pp

Owners suite- $600 pp

Grand suite-$600 pp

March 27 same prices as march 7

This cruise is FULL, this will be the second sailing after canceling cruises and going into dry dock ( marine maintenance)  So the prices are crazy. No last minute deals here. 

There were people on our roll call that never recieved an offer at all. And the person with the other aft corner,recieved the same offers. This leads me to believe that it is done by room category. 

I figure i would share this information, since there seems to be questions as to when these offers come out. 

So it looks like if people are bidding then they send out another email with the higher bid amounts?  Interesting

4 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

Thats exactly what i was thinking peeker. And to be honest, i do not like this. I kinda feel you should get one chance to bid. Not this constant money grab

That is exactly why a person has to go in and select change bid to see if they upped the price. You might think you bid high, then go in and see it is a low bid. That’s what happened to us...and the ship was full.  To my knowledge no one won their bid.

On 11/30/2018 at 12:11 PM, twangster said:

Yep, me too.  No matter what I can't get promotional emails.

However my step-daughter who is gold got an upgrade email for our next cruise.  I did not get the upgrade email so we used her email to submit a bid.  

This was us, too!  I booked everything under my email address and my husband received the two offers!  It was so weird to me and I searched and searched through my emails looking for one from them and never found one!

On 3/24/2019 at 11:05 AM, molly361 said:

I'm happy to announce that I am not longer a RoyalUp virign.  Just received my first offer for our 3 day HM sailing.

$550pp for an OS $350pp for a GS and $150 pp for a JS.  We are in an OV balcony.  Interesting thing is that I could upgrade myself to a JS today and PICK MY CABIN for $400

Not bidding.  Too much for a d day trip

Which sailing?

On 3/23/2019 at 7:11 PM, John&LaLa said:

I was in an inside since it was just me, Laura had an aft balcony just down the hall.

Then I added my 30 year old son at no charge, so for 16 days the $900 was a no brainer.

I'm on the Indy in June (solo).  It's a 14 nighter and only paid $240 to upgrade from an Inside to a Large Oceanview hump balcony.  That was a no brainer. 

Edited by Colorado Babe

23 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

I'm on the Indy in June (solo).  It's a 14 nighter and only paid $240 to upgrade from an Inside to a Large Oceanview hump balcony.  That was a no brainer. 

Hard to understand an upcharge taken out of context. Glad you are happy with the price

We are in Australia, and sailing Norway on Serenade in May, and got the offer today.

(first time after 20+ cruises with Royal and Celebrity)

Bid a 'weak' $310 for a Balcony - would be a bonus for this 11 night cruise

Hope we find out sooner rather than later - nine weeks to go

2 hours ago, downundermatt said:

We are in Australia, and sailing Norway on Serenade in May, and got the offer today.

(first time after 20+ cruises with Royal and Celebrity)

Bid a 'weak' $310 for a Balcony - would be a bonus for this 11 night cruise

Hope we find out sooner rather than later - nine weeks to go

Was $310 the total prices or the per person price, and what is your current category?