Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

On 4/7/2019 at 1:57 PM, molly361 said:

Here's a link to see if you are eligible to bid for an upgrade.  Not sure if everyone is eligible or not.  If you have NOT received an Royalup offer and you can bid using this form please let us know

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/cruise-room-upgrade?fbclid=IwAR06ZX6ySWPOkAQfoOFmx6SJ0g9EVTCjrsHTUpWClXm_ZCXx6v-iaoVkreQ

I was able to use it for Serenade leaving April 26. No invite

• Like 1

6 hours ago, downundermatt said:

So the price of my cruise dropped and I managed to move from an Interior to a Balcony.

(for less than the amount I had bid to upgrade).

Royal would have been smarter to accept my offer.

Just shows it pays to check, even after final payment.

Now I have another offer to bid up ......

Excellent, very good that you checked pricing.  I've seen other similar reports, so maybe this situation is getting more common.

Here's a link to see if you are eligible to bid for an upgrade.  Not sure if everyone is eligible or not.  If you have NOT received an Royalup offer and you can bid using this form please let us know

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/cruise-room-upgrade?fbclid=IwAR06ZX6ySWPOkAQfoOFmx6SJ0g9EVTCjrsHTUpWClXm_ZCXx6v-iaoVkreQ

Thanks for this. My cruise isnt until May 25, so I need to wait about 2 more weeks to check, but this link is very helpful

So funny enough, I just got the Royal Up email for the 3 night sailing on Symphony. 

Here are the minimum bids from an Oceanview Balcony

Owner's Suite - $550/pp - Total $1100

Grand Suite - $350/pp - Total $700

Junior Suite - $150/pp - Total $300

Ultra Spacious OV w/ Balcony - $100/pp - Total $200

Spacious OV w/ Balcony - $80/pp - Total $160 

Right now I'm only seeing an Owner's Suite and a Sky Loft Suite available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am sailing on Anthem of the Seas June 2nd and my bid was just accepted.  We had an obstructed balcony on deck 6 and we are now upgraded to a regular balcony on deck 9.  I was very happy with the obstructed balcony since I have sailed in one before but my husband was really unhappy with it.  I paid $400 ($200/per person) more for this cabin and I am happy with the price since all balconies are sold out.  4 months after I booked it I wanted to change the cabin to a regular balcony and it was $700 more and I would have lost $200 in OBC so I feel like we did good with this price.  I also bid on the Jr Suite and I would have loved to get it but that's ok.  I'm not overly thrilled with the location of the cabin, (at the back of the ship) but that's ok my husband will be happier now.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 12:42 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Of course, Royal up bids never provide additional points. If you were in a balcony and did the Royal upgrade to a full suite, you would stilll receive single points.     Enjoy your cabin and good luck on the bid. 

M

But let's say you did something crazy like go to an Aqua 2 with STAR class, would you get the Genie and the free specialty dining, etc... ?

4 minutes ago, stompy said:

But let's say you did something crazy like go to an Aqua 2 with STAR class, would you get the Genie and the free specialty dining, etc... ?

Yes, you would get the Genie, but no double points. But I think I would be happy with the Genie and the Star Class perks!

• Like 2

On 1/2/2019 at 3:14 PM, Mspanda said:

I was in a Junior Suite on the 3/4/19 Empress of the Sea sailing to Cuba.  I think I bid way to much at 700.00 pp.

You'll be spoiled by the Owner's Suite, so much room

On 2/9/2019 at 11:41 AM, Waves2land said:

If they only give you a small notice, what happens to your internet and beverage package if you get moved to a suite?  Dont those have to be canceled 3 days before sail date?

They refund anything that is included in the new package but unless you are STAR class you only get the free drinks during happy hour

On 3/29/2019 at 9:32 AM, CrusingRuthing said:

But they do...if they don't have the cabin available to upgrade to, they cannot offer the upgrade

Yes they can, especially if someone cancels or is also bidding on an upgrade.

44 minutes ago, stompy said:

Yes they can, especially if someone cancels or is also bidding on an upgrade.

I don't understand why people feel "So cheated". The cruise lines are trying to maximize their potential profits, IF a cabin is currently not sold, OR if a cabin becomes "Available" last minute. This can be due to cancellation or any other reason, before the manifest is sent to CBP or DHS, 24 hours before the sailing. Why in the hell are people so "put off" about this? If you don't like the price, don't bid. Otherwise, do you feel that there is some obligation for the "cruise fairy" to grant you a free upgrade. This is a business. The sole purpose of the company, is to make a profit for its investors. Nothing more, nothing less. They owe us NOTHING more, than the cruise and service that we have paid for. Do you get mad when you go to the car wash, and you pay for the "Basic wash", and they don't give you a "free" upgrade to the higher wash? You have the choice to pay for it. Why is it so damn trivial to so many people?

• Like 3

For what’s it worth...I was just notified that I won my bid to move from OV to balcony on a 3 night Harmony sailing in May.  I was happy with my ocean view, heck on a 3 nighter I would probably be content in a broom closet, but hubby was very disappointed I hadn’t initially booked a balcony ...so it will now be a little surprise! I had the e-mail for like 2 weeks before I even submitted a bid on a whim.  The lowest amount I could bid was $100pp...so $200.  I thought that was a little high for 3 nights, but I’m pretty sure they were at least that much, maybe more, when I first booked, so not over paying.  Also, for reference, my offer was submitted and accepted within a week.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 12:57 PM, molly361 said:

Villa at $2500

Star Loft at $1700

Aqua Theatre 2 Bedroom at $900-I bid $930 each since it'd bump us from GS to Aqua2 with Star Class service, free tips, specialty restaurants, free beverages, and Genie (also free internet which we already get in GS)

Aqua 1 $700 (passed since this doesn't get us anything other than a slightly bigger room)

Crown Loft $400

Owner's $400 which I prefer to the crown loft

7 hours ago, seafoy said:

For what’s it worth...I was just notified that I won my bid to move from OV to balcony on a 3 night Harmony sailing in May.  I was happy with my ocean view, heck on a 3 nighter I would probably be content in a broom closet, but hubby was very disappointed I hadn’t initially booked a balcony ...so it will now be a little surprise! I had the e-mail for like 2 weeks before I even submitted a bid on a whim.  The lowest amount I could bid was $100pp...so $200.  I thought that was a little high for 3 nights, but I’m pretty sure they were at least that much, maybe more, when I first booked, so not over paying.  Also, for reference, my offer was submitted and accepted within a week.

If you are on the May 6th sailing there was a sale on balconies a couple of weeks ago.  Neighborhood for $309 and OV for $409

I am on the May 9th, but I did see that $409 on May 6th and was very tempted to do a back to back, but in the end decided I really didn’t want to do Nassau twice...would rather check out Coco Cay on another sailing. Also, hubby would have to take an extra 3 days off work...so I passed. I had been checking the May 9th the whole time, and they never really came down.

We are in a JS on Mariner for a 4 day cruise.  Minimum bids are the following (prices are all-in for both guests, not pp):

• GS - $200
  • OS - $380
  • GS 2B - $600
  • RS - $1300

Are any of these decent deals?  Honestly, I'd be happy enough with my JS since I've always done balcony in the past so it will seem like a big upgrade to me, plus I don't think there are many suite perks on Mariner, but someone tell me if I'm wrong here!

10 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

We are in a JS on Mariner for a 4 day cruise.  Minimum bids are the following (prices are all-in for both guests, not pp):

• GS - $200
  • OS - $380
  • GS 2B - $600
  • RS - $1300

Are any of these decent deals?  Honestly, I'd be happy enough with my JS since I've always done balcony in the past so it will seem like a big upgrade to me, plus I don't think there are many suite perks on Mariner, but someone tell me if I'm wrong here!

Only perks I can see are access to the Suite Lounge with happy hour drinks..but if you're already diamond no need for that.  GS will also get free room service..

Can't say that those would be worth the $200 but to each his own!

😂

We received the email for the 3 nighter on Symphony next month. We already paid almost $700 to move into a JS after some opened up after the final payment, so not TOO crazy about spending any more, but the allure of a real suite is tempting. Our offers were:

$200pp for grand suite (we bid $300)

$400pp for owner’s suite (bid the minimum)

$400pp for star loft (bid the minimum)

$550pp for 1bd aquatheater (didn’t bother with this one, too expensive for us)

edit: there’s really not much left suite-wise on our sailing in the first place, but one can dream right?

Edited by noitsnotatuba

On 4/10/2019 at 8:09 PM, stompy said:

Villa at $2500

Star Loft at $1700

Aqua Theatre 2 Bedroom at $900-I bid $930 each since it'd bump us from GS to Aqua2 with Star Class service, free tips, specialty restaurants, free beverages, and Genie (also free internet which we already get in GS)

Aqua 1 $700 (passed since this doesn't get us anything other than a slightly bigger room)

Crown Loft $400

Owner's $400 which I prefer to the crown loft

Well apparently we "Won" our bid for the Crown Loft.  We bid $420 and it was accepted - I really wanted the owner's suite, oh well, I guess I'll have to rough it

We sail Sat (today is Tuesday)

Just now, stompy said:

Well apparently we "Won" our bid for the Crown Loft.  We bid $420 and it was accepted - I really wanted the owner's suite, oh well, I guess I'll have to rough it

We sail Sat (today is Tuesday)

Congrats  Was it $420 total or per person?  Did you get an L1 or L2?

26 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Congrats  Was it $420 total or per person?  Did you get an L1 or L2?

L1 for $840 total. DW will be happy with her own bathroom

we’re Next to the Suite Lounge so coffee and booze runs will be quick

• Like 1

Well, this is interesting, if not exactly enlightening. I just received the upgrade offer email. I wasn't sure that there would be one, because as of a week ago the cruise was showing as completely sold out -- while it was still listed on the web site, no matter what category one chose, it responded that there were no remaining cabins in that category.

I have an oceanview room, and it would allow me to bid on regular balcony, spacious balcony, or non-balcony suite. According to the web site just now, interior cabins are available for more than I paid for an oceanview, and spacious balcony cabins are available for almost double what I paid. I'm bidding on both balcony categories, but not a lot for either one.

47 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Well, this is interesting, if not exactly enlightening. I just received the upgrade offer email. I wasn't sure that there would be one, because as of a week ago the cruise was showing as completely sold out -- while it was still listed on the web site, no matter what category one chose, it responded that there were no remaining cabins in that category.

I have an oceanview room, and it would allow me to bid on regular balcony, spacious balcony, or non-balcony suite. According to the web site just now, interior cabins are available for more than I paid for an oceanview, and spacious balcony cabins are available for almost double what I paid. I'm bidding on both balcony categories, but not a lot for either one.

Best of luck