Green pickle relish on Reflection

pdobrynski

Just got off B2B on the Infinity and they didn't have any green pickle relish at the Grill for hot dogs.  My DW really likes her hot dogs with the green relish.  She asked several members of the staff if they had any on board, none was to be found.  Thankfully a head waiter, Jose Salinas, went shopping in Nassau and had packets of pickle relish put in my cabin frig. I was the sole possessor of the hot item!  now that we are about to board the Reflection, the question arises-is there any relish of the green pickle variety available on board or should we bring our own?

I was just browsing pics of the Equinox and came across this image from the mast grill... spotted: green pickle relish.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-equinox-382/mast-grill-203491/mast-grill--v10421943/

I’m a relish lover and can’t remember not getting it on any cruise. By the way, isn’t most all relishes, especailly pickle, green??  The only non-green pickle relish I’ve seen I immediately threw out along the gray mold inside. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

No - pickle relishes come in loads of colours (and not just because of the mold!!)  In my cupboard I have yellow (sometimes called piccalilli), brown (branstons or chunky pickle) and red (beetroot) as well as my absolutely beloved green / sweet cucumber pickle.  OP - I've always found it at the Mast Bar.  But I will confess to having brought a bottle of it on board too - and a bottle of Angostura Bitters which I have never found on board.

13 hours ago, pdobrynski said:

Just got off B2B on the Infinity and they didn't have any green pickle relish at the Grill for hot dogs.  My DW really likes her hot dogs with the green relish.  She asked several members of the staff if they had any on board, none was to be found.  Thankfully a head waiter, Jose Salinas, went shopping in Nassau and had packets of pickle relish put in my cabin frig. I was the sole possessor of the hot item!  now that we are about to board the Reflection, the question arises-is there any relish of the green pickle variety available on board or should we bring our own?

What a wonderful gesture by the head waiter! Time off is so precious to them. To give up his time to make your wife happy is going above and beyond.

It is this ‘above and beyond’ service that keeps us returning to Celebrity. 

We were on the Infinity September 2018 and the Pool Grill had the pickle relish along with all the other condiments. We also did a B2B cruise on the Equinox March/April 2018 and the relish was also available at the Mast Grill. 

Edited by davekathy

We’ve taken our own food items before, when it was a dealbreaker item, just to be sure we had it. Sometimes salted peanuts, sometimes blue cheese stuffed martini olives.

It sure feels weird to be smuggling FOOD onto a cruise ship!

The one thing they’re famous for having plenty of...

(and I know it’s not really smuggling, we carried it through the scanners, but it sounds funnier that way)

Edited by justcrusn