Will we feel comfortable just wearing jeans?

Maya1234

My family (two young adult children) DH and me are doing a 4 night cruise from Ft Lauderdale. We are a jeans kind of family but do dress nicely in them with pretty tops for me and the girls (lacy, silky etc...) and a button down shirt for DH. Will we feel out of place dressed like this? We are in suite so this will be in Luminaire. 

Most people in Luminae tend to dress country club casual and above.  Just make sure there are no holes in the jeans.  But you are allowed to wear jeans. 

On the Evening Chic nights, people do tend to dress up.

4 minutes ago, Maya1234 said:

My family (two young adult children) DH and me are doing a 4 night cruise from Ft Lauderdale. We are a jeans kind of family but do dress nicely in them with pretty tops for me and the girls (lacy, silky etc...) and a button down shirt for DH. Will we feel out of place dressed like this? We are in suite so this will be in Luminaire. 

You will be just fine.  In Luminae you can see a wide range of dress options, from one extreme to the other and anywhere in between.

They want people to wear whatever makes them happy.

Enjoy your cruise!

13 minutes ago, varoo said:

You will be just fine.  In Luminae you can see a wide range of dress options, from one extreme to the other and anywhere in between.

They want people to wear whatever makes them happy.

Enjoy your cruise!

Seriously people, thank you so much for the replies! What do jost people wear during the days? I don’t wear shorts myself. Do people wear exercise type clothing around the ship? At lunch. Like yoga pants and casual tops?  

Edited by Maya1234

9 minutes ago, Maya1234 said:

Seriously people, thank you so much for the replies! What do jost people wear during the days? I don’t wear shorts myself. Do people wear exercise type clothing around the ship? At lunch. Like yoga pants and casual tops?  

Whatever you're are comfortable wearing. 

32 minutes ago, Maya1234 said:

Yes, people do wear yoga pants and casual tops around the ship and for lunch in Luminae. 

The only issue with jeans is the ‘standard’ jean is a bit heavy for Caribbean crusing. I find lighter travel pants and so on to be more comfortable then the heavier jean materials. Just a thought on comfort, not a style observation. 

Den

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maya1234 said:

We mostly book suites on Celebrity. While many people my dress up for Evening Chic. Evening Chic only applies to the main dining room. Luminae is Smart Casual every evening. I'm going to be 60 this month. Yes I will be the one in a polo and jeans. On Evening Chic if I want I will wear a sports jacket.

19 hours ago, Denny01 said:

The only issue with jeans is the ‘standard’ jean is a bit heavy for Caribbean crusing. I find lighter travel pants and so on to be more comfortable then the heavier jean materials. Just a thought on comfort, not a style observation. 

Den

Agree with Denny and I live in Jeans in the cool weather.   They don't even see the suitcase on a Caribbean Cruise unless its winter and I wear them on the plane.   Once on the ship, almost everyone will be in shorts and the same on port stops.   Also not making a fashion statement just a matter of comfort.   

23 hours ago, Maya1234 said:

My husband wears black jeans to dinner every night with a nice shirt.  Both in Luminae and Blu.   Unless you look close, they don't look much different than regular black trousers.  

Jeans every night! I go with my designer Kirklands. My New Balance black sneakers match well. You see more and more jeans at dinner every year especially on the Caribbean or Bermuda sailings.

Edited by bayonnejoe
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 11:50 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

Really???  You must have missed the fashion memo that the really fancy jeans come equipped with tears and holes.

Right. There is nothing quite as sexy as torn holes in perfectly good jeans. I suppose the idea started with a politician who wore torn jeans to suggest what a hard working kinda guy he was. We all know senatorial and presidential candidates wear their jeans to the bones while harvesting food for America, right? So, I'm not that fashion guy. I like jeans with no holes, earned or torn. But, I'm just too old to be fashionable. And, I'm proud of it. I can't wait for the torn jeans fad to go away like bell bottoms.

10 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Michael is my nephew, he was a Vermont State Trooper who was killed on Father's Day June 15th, 2003, just my little tribute to him.   

Thanks, Don. Wonderful tribute. I am retired LEO (Aurora, CO) and can relate.