D+ kicked out of CONCIERGE Lounge while onboard

LMaxwell

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Yes, but I did it too long ago and I think it's going to expire soon.  I believe I have to cruise with them before it expires, else I cannot do the match again.

Not sure; once you have it you need to use it once every 3 years to maintain.  Seaside was phenomenal.  I promise or your money back, lol. 

I am sailing on Allure again in April and picked my room to be near the DL figuring that would be a great spot for fruit and coffee (not a big breakfast kind of person) and as a Diamond member I have low confidence that my cruise in 3 and a half months that I will still have access at all to the DL...

3 minutes ago, CFIGuy said:

Unfortunately, I can’t say that I am surprised.  On my two recent cruises on ships with CLs instead of SLs, it was quite apparent who (some) of the D+ members were.  Arriving 30 minutes before happy hour began, saving seats with purses, napkins, books, hats, etc. And staying the entire time.  Obviously would put the coincierge into a predicament when suite passengers come to happy hour a little later and no seats to be found.  Some were quite demanding as well, upset when the bartender and waiter took a couple of minutes for a drink refill due to being backlogged.  Two of my most recent cruises were in full suites, and I can understand how new cruisers who chose to spend more money for listed benefits could be disappointed.  

Now, again, I am not saying all D+ members are like this, but I think that the chair hogging, etc from some definitely lead to this decision (if it holds true).  In order to protect the coincierge, I won’t mention names, but a coincierge on one of my recent cruises, basically said word for word what I listed in the first paragraph while voicing his frustration with it. 

Just like chair hogs on the pool deck and in the solarium, there are also some in the CL.  We always arrive around 6-630 and stay an hour to hour and a half.  But, there are obviously some who eat their dinner at the appetizer bar and stay the entire time.  The bigger issue is that the CL's are too small on most ships.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brit-Cruiser said:

I've just spoken with a Diamond plus member currently on Serenade & she says she has been in the CL every night & is not aware of any changes. 

I haven't been able to find the "social media" post either, but I also don't know which page it would be on as it's not on the 3 or so I belong to.

26 minutes ago, CFIGuy said:

Unfortunately, I can’t say that I am surprised.  On my two recent cruises on ships with CLs instead of SLs, it was quite apparent who (some) of the D+ members were.  Arriving 30 minutes before happy hour began, saving seats with purses, napkins, books, hats, etc. And staying the entire time.  Obviously would put the coincierge into a predicament when suite passengers come to happy hour a little later and no seats to be found.  Some were quite demanding as well, upset when the bartender and waiter took a couple of minutes for a drink refill due to being backlogged.  Two of my most recent cruises were in full suites, and I can understand how new cruisers who chose to spend more money for listed benefits could be disappointed.  

Now, again, I am not saying all D+ members are like this, but I think that the chair hogging, etc from some definitely lead to this decision (if it holds true).  In order to protect the coincierge, I won’t mention names, but a coincierge on one of my recent cruises, basically said word for word what I listed in the first paragraph while voicing his frustration with it. 

Wow,

now if you substitute Pins for D+.

If it's a suite Lounge why are Pins allowed?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BND said:

I haven't been able to find the "social media" post either, but I also don't know which page it would be on as it's not on the 3 or so I belong to.

I have read the referenced posts, and the ship in question is the Rhapsody of the Seas. 

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have read the referenced posts, and the ship in question is the Rhapsody of the Seas. 

I knew it was either Rhapsody or Serenade but I just can't find the particular page it's on.  I've searched Rhapsody but I'm not a member of the ones that require it and the open pages don't have anything recent.

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

We just sailed a 21 night B2B on RH.  Not surprised there are issues. We have no plans to sail on that ship again.

3 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

We just sailed a 21 night B2B on RH.  Not surprised there are issues. We have no plans to sail on that ship again.

EEK, we're on the Rhapsody 2/16.  We've been on before and loved it.  I will note that the CL on this ship is very very small, almost like a sliver on the side of the VCL. You almost have to climb over people to get through, They had to open the CL up to the VCL for sure just to accommodate those who were eligible.  Alan Del Fiero was the Concierge and he was a real gentleman and I can't imagine him doing what LMaxwell described so maybe a new Concierge is on board.  The DL is really nice on the Rhapsody so I think everyone should be OK no matter what happens.  

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Somehow I’m thinking that the memo from Royal to the ships read effective starting with the next scheduled sailing and that Rhapsody jumped the gun and made the change effective immediately.  

I'm pretty sure Rhapsody left Tampa today, so it's the first night on board. 

12 minutes ago, BND said:

I knew it was either Rhapsody or Serenade but I just can't find the particular page it's on.  I've searched Rhapsody but I'm not a member of the ones that require it and the open pages don't have anything recent.

I guess that you're not one of the Cool Kids.  😉 😄

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

EEK, we're on the Rhapsody 2/16.  We've been on before and loved it.  I will note that the CL on this ship is very very small, almost like a sliver on the side of the VCL. You almost have to climb over people to get through, They had to open the CL up to the VCL for sure just to accommodate those who were eligible.  Alan Del Fiero was the Concierge and he was a real gentleman and I can't imagine him doing what LMaxwell described so maybe a new Concierge is on board.  The DL is really nice on the Rhapsody so I think everyone should be OK no matter what happens.  

He is in the Diamond Lounge this voyage.  Kumar  (KK) is in the CL.

1 minute ago, Brit-Cruiser said:

I'm pretty sure Rhapsody left Tampa today, so it's the first night on board. 

Yes, except that it hasn't left, because of fog.  Ok, maybe it has left by now.  😉

1 hour ago, Mythbuster said:

I thought the CL was replaced by Suite Lounges on most ships already.  This shouldn't be a change for most ships.  Am I wrong?  How many ships have not converted?

1 hour ago, Mythbuster said:

I thought they were only making the change from CL to SL where Diamond Lounges were added.  I see your next 2 cruises are on the Adventure and Anthem...good news both have Diamond Lounges!

The changes have been on Voyager class "and up".  Vision and Radiance class have not been touched.  Most of us think that it isn't necessary on those ships because there are not that many suites and crowding is rarely a problem.  Overcrowding only rears its head on voyages like repositioning cruises, transatlantics, and Panama Canal cruises, which attract a lot of top tier cruisers.  Otherwise, not an issue.

Every ship (except Empress and Majesty, which sadly are alone in their own categories) has a Diamond Lounge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Didnt even bother to look as to when she sailed.  The OP stated that this happened mid trip.

LMaxwell was incorrect on that information.   Rhapsody, although delayed by fog, is scheduled to sail out of Tampa today.

1 hour ago, ssb said:

Vision has made change On CL also . 

There are only about 25 suites on Vision....and they all booked up quickly..but I did get a true aft JS.

Where is the DL on this ship?...Haven't been on it in years but will be on doing Med/Greece this May.

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The changes have been on Voyager class "and up".  Vision and Radiance class have not been touched.  Most of us think that it isn't necessary on those ships because there are not that many suites and crowding is rarely a problem.  Overcrowding only rears its head on voyages like repositioning cruises, transatlantics, and Panama Canal cruises, which attract a lot of top tier cruisers.  Otherwise, not an issue.

Every ship (except Empress and Majesty, which sadly are alone in their own categories) has a Diamond Lounge.

Are they really even considering what "Most of us think"?

1 minute ago, torpeedo said:

Maybe OP is on a B2B and this is the middle of her trip.

No, she's not.  But the timing isn't really the issue.  If this is Royal Caribbean's idea of a well-executed major change, someone at Headquarters needs to be fired.  Or promoted, depending on how you view RC's leadership these days.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

There are only about 25 suites on Vision....and they all booked up quickly..but I did get a true aft JS.

Where is the DL on this ship?...Haven't been on it in years but will be on doing Med/Greece this May.

On the Vision, it is on the left as you enter the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge on Deck 6. 

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

LMaxwell was incorrect on that information.   Rhapsody, although delayed by fog, is scheduled to sail out of Tampa today.

I tried to see if there were any other ships that sailed today but the couple websites that I checked had all today’s sailings removed.  Adventure, Navigator, Freedom and Liberty sail tomorrow.  I know Liberty has switched to a SL...not sure about the others.