D+ kicked out of CONCIERGE Lounge while onboard

LMaxwell

You read it here....maybe second, long thread on social media.  Diamond Plus asked to leave the Concierge Lounge and told their SeaPass would be restricted from entry.  Not for behavior or sneaking people in, etc.  Told this is now THE WAY.  

Sure they can change their program and do whatever they want, but it takes a lot of Chutzpah, and bad thinking, for the company to yank away access they had given to someone in the middle of their trip!  Either let them know before hand or do it after and set a date, but literally walking up to some of your most Loyal to Royal guests and demanding they vacate the Concierge Lounge is absolutely ludicrous.  

Better hurry and do your MSC Status match while Diamond Plus may still get you a black card...

According to a current cruiser, despite there only being 17 Pinnacles on the current Rhapsody sailing, D+ have been either barred or if already inside they have been asked to leave the CL lounge. According to the cruiser the D+ were told that the lounge has been an SL for three weeks and that they just have not gotten around to changing the key access yet. Needless to say, there are quite a few upset people. I had believed that RC would leave the CL's as they are but now I seriously wonder if this is the fate of all CL's in the coming year.

Edited by MaritimeR&R

8 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

D+ were just told on SR that CL will be a restricted benefit going forward, apparently part of larger changes happening “imminently.” Such a shame. 

I thought the CL was replaced by Suite Lounges on most ships already.  This shouldn't be a change for most ships.  Am I wrong?  How many ships have not converted?

27 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

According to a current cruiser, despite there only being 17 Pinnacles on the current Rhapsody sailing, D+ have been either barred or if already inside they have been asked to leave the CL lounge. According to the cruiser the D+ were told that the lounge has been an SL for three weeks and that they just have not gotten around to changing the key access yet. Needless to say, there are quite a few upset people. I had believed that RC would leave the CL's as they are but now I seriously wonder if this is the fate of all CL's in the coming year.

I thought they were only making the change from CL to SL where Diamond Lounges were added.  I see your next 2 cruises are on the Adventure and Anthem...good news both have Diamond Lounges!

7 minutes ago, 39august said:

D+ were restricted from the concierge lounge years ago. And if there is a suite lounge it is for suites and Pinnacles only. What is new about this post?

D access was removed several years ago.  D+ have had access.  We used the Concierge Lounge on Anthem in Oct.  

So, one person reported being asked to leave?

• Like 1

Just now, BND said:

D access was removed several years ago.  D+ have had access.  We used the Concierge Lounge on Anthem in Oct.  

So, one person reported being asked to leave?

Apparently happening as of today on ships with CL's.  Reported from Serenade and Rhapsody within past 2 hours I believe.  Social media is more up to date and I've signed off that for the evening. 

Just now, LMaxwell said:

Apparently happening as of today on ships with CL's.  Reported from Serenade and Rhapsody within past 2 hours I believe.  Social media is more up to date and I've signed off that for the evening. 

With no notice at all?  No letter or anything?    I'm a member of a couple of groups on that social media platform, but don't know which one it's being reported on.  

Oh well, we'll just use the DL on Grandeur in April.  Not our favorite lounge, but I'm sure we'll survive.

Just now, BND said:

With no notice at all?  No letter or anything?   

No just the concierge walking up to guests in the lounge and telling them to leave and that their cards would be reprogrammed to deny access.  No letter.  No forewarning.  Nothing.  How embarassing! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

That is the way Royal typically does these types of things.

Bob, that's very charitable.  I don't recall a change taking place MID CRUISE and ever asking some of your most loyal guests to leave a lounge....on a high priced holiday week no less!  It would be different if they said "sailings departing as of 1/1/2019...." right?  This is really not a defensible position for Royal to do this to guests mid-cruise.  A Guest Relations manager with a working brain would know that! 

• Like 3

Which ship does the OP specifically refer to? Last week's TA a Dplus was rightly removed from Rh CL. All Dplus had the Shall we Dance lounge with phantastic buffets to socialize while the CL was dedicated for 59 booked out suites and the 87 Pins. 

All Dplus adhered but one Swiss banker guy challenged the concirege's authoritiy and refused to leave. It took Guest Relation 3 days until final warning to this unruly Swiss guy,or…..

3 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Bob, that's very charitable.  I don't recall a change taking place MID CRUISE and ever asking some of your most loyal guests to leave a lounge....on a high priced holiday week no less!  It would be different if they said "sailings departing as of 1/1/2019...." right?  This is really not a defensible position for Royal to do this to guests mid-cruise.  A Guest Relations manager with a working brain would know that! 

I don't recall any notice when they re-instated the corkage fee.

• Like 1

I don't recall any notice when they re-instated the corkage fee.

It's back??  

A $15 fee is quite a bit different than access to an amenity you had planned to use and the company told you had access to...

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

It's back??  

A $15 fee is quite a bit different than access to an amenity you had planned to use and the company told you had access to...

I know it's different.  All I'm saying is that I've seen Royal institute changes with no notice before.  It's in their corporate culture to be deceptive.

• Like 4

I know it's different.  All I'm saying is that I've seen Royal institute changes with no notice before.  It's in their corporate culture to be deceptive.

I really do hope you've at least gotten your MSC Match to Black...

Unfortunately, I can’t say that I am surprised.  On my two recent cruises on ships with CLs instead of SLs, it was quite apparent who (some) of the D+ members were.  Arriving 30 minutes before happy hour began, saving seats with purses, napkins, books, hats, etc. And staying the entire time.  Obviously would put the coincierge into a predicament when suite passengers come to happy hour a little later and no seats to be found.  Some were quite demanding as well, upset when the bartender and waiter took a couple of minutes for a drink refill due to being backlogged.  Two of my most recent cruises were in full suites, and I can understand how new cruisers who chose to spend more money for listed benefits could be disappointed.  

Now, again, I am not saying all D+ members are like this, but I think that the chair hogging, etc from some definitely lead to this decision (if it holds true).  In order to protect the coincierge, I won’t mention names, but a coincierge on one of my recent cruises, basically said word for word what I listed in the first paragraph while voicing his frustration with it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I really do hope you've at least gotten your MSC Match to Black...

Yes, but I did it too long ago and I think it's going to expire soon.  I believe I have to cruise with them before it expires, else I cannot do the match again.