D+ kicked out of CONCIERGE Lounge while onboard

LMaxwell

13 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

No worries, all good.  Imagine how you'd feel if a previously amiable, doting, pretend to be a friend conciege walked up and verbally told you to leave and offered only a completely fabricated BS excuse to support their actions.  THAT would be embarrassing.  

We have found that many of them are pretend friends onboard. Some (crew & staff members) are real friends that we have visited with elsewhere. But most aren't. And the situation that you have described would be unsettling and unacceptable. 

11 minutes ago, MNfamilycruiser said:

I am guessing the T&C for both allows them to make whatever changes they want at any time - most are just saying it was very poorly handled.  Our only access to the CL has been through suites - from a relatively objective point of view - this is just BAD customer relations. 

I agree, bad PR. However, D+ and/or P’s would be upset if no longer permitted in a lounge they have had access too in the past. It doesn’t matter how Royal handled it. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 1

We sailed on the Rhapsody for 4 weeks from Venice Nov.24th and during our first leg we were told that they were changing the CL to a SL and we would no longer have access as D+ to the lounge. They did not have the SL signs but they did have a big sticker where you put the sea pass card in to open the door that said GOLD CARDS ONLY. The next sailing, Dec 1st we were no longer allowed access and this was the same for the crossing. We were told the CL is now a SL.

On the RC website under C&A it still shows Concierge Lounge access on ships that have them for D+...I guess as they change the name to SL they really have no reason to say anything.....or notify anyone...

Edited by robandana
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, NemoCrownie said:

It's in the Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle group.

The owner of that group appears to have blocked several people with no reason...myself included...and refuses to advise why!  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️ 

D+ being blocked from the CL with no reason or explanation too....

🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have talked about this with other D and D+ on recent past sailings. Everyone has opinions about what RCI will do as this monster THEY have created grows larger with each passing day.

This change HAD to come. Fixed # of suite guests each cruise, growing # of D+ each cruise. They are not going to restrict the suite guests.

More changes to come....the number of D and up on our last T/A was HALF the ships passengers...1000!

Maxwell does make a good point, if you are unhappy about these and other changes, take your money elsewhere. We have recently made 2 MSC sailings and recently booked a 29 day Princess for Nov.19.  I like RCI and have more sailings booked, but as the perks dwindle.......so do my bookings.

Edited by L454S
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

No just the concierge walking up to guests in the lounge and telling them to leave and that their cards would be reprogrammed to deny access.  No letter.  No forewarning.  Nothing.  How embarassing! 

A lot of 0 on cruise reviews and lots of complaints about the concierge if this is done mid cruise without warning.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brit-Cruiser said:

I've just spoken with a Diamond plus member currently on Serenade & she says she has been in the CL every night & is not aware of any changes. 

Thanks for posting.

Let's hope it is fake news.

RC will be scoring a massive OWN GOAL if they do this.

What message would this then give to Diamonds about Their future access to the DL?.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Based on the C&A Terms and Conditions, what’s deceptive regarding changes to the program. It’s clearly in writing they may change the rules at any time and without notice. 

If this is happening it is very bad PR and if enough US people get upset and cancel RCCL share price might be in trouble.

Does those rules affect Suite benefits without notice?

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If this is happening it is very bad PR and if enough US people get upset and cancel RCCL share price might be in trouble.

Does those rules affect Suite benefits without notice?

When Royal kicked the D out of the concierge lounge they survived.  I highly doubt a change of this nature would ever affect their stock price. There will be a whole lot more grumbling than cancellations.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sure we would be disappointed. We went to Elton John concert that was cancelled 30 minutes after the scheduled start time because he had an ear ache and couldn’t wear his ear piece. We had our tickets for almost two years. We sat next to a party of 8 whom had flown down from Canada just to see him. These were great tickets, awesome seats, and not cheap. 

Still, everyone should know the Terms and Conditions are there, for all to read. My brother, who is Pinnacle, reminded me in the beginning that all things are not always permanent. 

Royal has to do something to apease the Suite Guests. We have complained and Royal is listening. Too many times Suite Guests are unable to find room the the lounge. 

What would you suggest Royal do?  Leaving things as is, is not the answer. 

I sympathize with you regarding the pins in the SL preventing Suite guests getting a seat in their dedicated lounge.

If Royal are listening to suite guests complaints then a loyalty lounge for pins and D+ only looks like the next step with Diamonds having the 3 free drinks in other bars only.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

They can change just about anything.  Heck, they can probably close your SL to suite guests if they could book a party in there, or film a movie.  What's to stop that from happening

You are right and I think all high loyalty and Suite guests are getting a wake up call.

Good plan. I have suggested limiting drinks in the DL/CL/SL to those not in Suites to reduce crowding. 

Do that and you take away RC Unique selling point (USP) in their loyalty program and people will desert RC for other cruiselines and it will affect their Share Price.

Your absolutely correct. If Royal pisses us off enough, we just take our money and go elsewhere or do something different. 

Very well said Rory and this is why RC need to use diplomacy and treat their very loyal customer base correctly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Any reports from the Brilliance?

Got off Brilliance 2 weeks ago. The CL is two and a half times larger than the DL and while the DL was packed every evening the CL was almost empty every evening. The CL was never even close to being half full, Bertie and Nelson were exceptional host in the CL.

I was on the Mariner and the Diamond lounge took up the starboard side of the Viking crown lounge.  The suite lounge took up the port side.

The Viking Crown lounge was really nice.  Maybe it’s time to get rid of the Diamond lounge up there if it’s not working out.  While they are at it the could move the suite lounge as well.  

They should let you guys get your free drinks at a happy hour in the star lounge or other large venue and open up the best area on the ships to everybody.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Your absolutely correct. If Royal pisses us off enough, we just take our money and go elsewhere or do something different. 

That applies to everyone.  And some of us cruise a whole lot every year. 

• Like 3