D+ kicked out of CONCIERGE Lounge while onboard

LMaxwell

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

A lot of 0 on cruise reviews and lots of complaints about the concierge if this is done mid cruise without warning.

Yes. And lots of complaints from Suite Guest who pay for the privilege on that particular cruise to have access to the CL/SL. I have no issue with Royal creating other Lounges to accommodate large numbers of high tier members. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can go into either on any Royal ship. But I prefer the company in the DL over the SL. Less kids, and everyone there has something in common (they cruise a lot).

As far as I'm concerned Royal can stick the suite guests anywhere they want. As long as I don't have to sit with them.

Edited by rt1092
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Do that and you take away RC Unique selling point (USP) in their loyalty program and people will desert RC for other cruiselines and it will affect their Share Price.

I don’t believe this will have much impact on the bottom line in today’s market.  Maybe at other times. Right now, business is good. People are spending more money and feel good about it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

I can go into either on any Royal ship. But I prefer the company in the DL over the SL. Less kids, and everyone there has something in common (they cruise a lot).

As far as I'm concerned Royal can stick the suite guests anywhere they want. As long as I don't have to sit with them.

I think we have witnessed these types in the CL/SL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A change was likely to happen.  I much rather prefer the Diamond Lounge in most of the ships anyway, even when I am cruising in a GS or above.  I hate the Concierge Lounges that don't have windows.  I'll take windows any day over a room that smells like Body Odor, hot and worn out furniture.     

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think we have witnessed these types in the CL/SL.

Yes the suite people with big families that let their kids run wild and think they own the ship because they paid more than they should have.

Me. I'm in the DL almost every night. Sometimes from start to finish sometimes for a hour or so. I have no problem holding a seat for my wife because she takes a little longer to get ready than I do. If someone else wants a seat they can get there as early or late as I do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Interesting that the moderators on the original thread where this info came from has locked the commenting and issued a statement saying they can't reach their C&A contact but basically denying this is happening as a change.   Claims this is only one ship (even though people on 3 ships reporting this).  Thread was over 3X as long as this one with people verified as onboard. 

Oh people, when will you stop covering for corporations.  We are just numbers in a data base.  You might have a crew member you've become friendly with and linked to on social media.  But we are all just numbers in a data base and they will say something out of one side of mouth (NASSAU IS EXTRA DANGEROUS) and then re-route a cruise there with no explanation other than to "Enhance your Experience".  

Now I don't know about anyone else, but I've NEVER heard the phrase "Where there is smoke, there's sunshine" I'm going to believe people verified to be onboard versus someone who has a friend with C&A that they can't reach...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We sailed a B2B on Rhapsody from December 1-22. The D+ letter in our stateroom made us aware that we would have access to the DL, and that the "Shall We Dance Lounge" would be open during Happy Hour. The CL would be available only for Suite Guests and Pinnacle members.  Due to the high number of upper tier C&A members, this did not seem unusual to us. What we did get an odd feeling about was that there seemed to be a different type of attitude towards C&A members by some of the ships officers.

For the first time we experienced the enforcement of the rule regarding taking drinks and food out of the lounge. There were crew members posted by the door to lounge during Happy Hour to check that we were not leaving with anything. There were many partially finished beverage glasses that had to be left on the "wall of shame". There were even comments made by some of the crew guarding the door regarding "these C&A members". Not a pleasant feeling when leaving the lounge for dinner! 

The Hotel Director, Antonio Murescu, and Food & Beverage Director, Maurizio Curcio, had recently joined the ship. I am not sure if these new changes have been initiated by the HD. There does not seem to be a high number of upper tier members on the current sailing, so I'm not sure why D+ are still not able to access the CL. 

As C&A members, we just didn't seem to get the same welcoming impression that we normally feel. We will not consider sailing this ship again anytime soon.

• Like 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

There must be several sites with the same or similar name?  Are we allowed to post a FB link here?

Technically we can since it is not sales or promotion, but we all know what will happen if we do.  I noticed a LOT of the other groups for RCI littering my news feed this morning and the common thread seems to be old topics being bumped up by the same admin who runs many of the pages.  I didn't realize they ran so many pages or what the purpose of that is, but they are just deleting as much as they can about this fiasco and reposting old junk to clog news feeds.  Their C&A rep is AWOL 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, lr657 said:

We sailed a B2B on Rhapsody from December 1-22. The D+ letter in our stateroom made us aware that we would have access to the DL, and that the "Shall We Dance Lounge" would be open during Happy Hour. The CL would be available only for Suite Guests and Pinnacle members.  Due to the high number of upper tier C&A members, this did not seem unusual to us. What we did get an odd feeling about was that there seemed to be a different type of attitude towards C&A members by some of the ships officers.

For the first time we experienced the enforcement of the rule regarding taking drinks and food out of the lounge. There were crew members posted by the door to lounge during Happy Hour to check that we were not leaving with anything. There were many partially finished beverage glasses that had to be left on the "wall of shame". There were even comments made by some of the crew guarding the door regarding "these C&A members". Not a pleasant feeling when leaving the lounge for dinner! 

The Hotel Director, Antonio Murescu, and Food & Beverage Director, Maurizio Curcio, had recently joined the ship. I am not sure if these new changes have been initiated by the HD. There does not seem to be a high number of upper tier members on the current sailing, so I'm not sure why D+ are still not able to access the CL. 

As C&A members, we just didn't seem to get the same welcoming impression that we normally feel. We will not consider sailing this ship again anytime soon.

We are friendly and respectful to everyone but if the crew were like that to us I would ask them why they were not being friendly and respectful back and if they continued I would get their names and report them but hopefully that won't be necessary.

We’re on the Rhapsody now. The Diamond Plus letter in our stateroom clearly stated  the Concierge Lounge woul not be available to us on this trip. No big deal; the Diamond Lounge and the overflow area were not crowded.

The Diamond Plus area in the main dining room is large tables only. No smaller tables in that area.

We’re still in port due to fog.

23 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

There must be several sites with the same or similar name?  Are we allowed to post a FB link here?

The admins on CC have absolutely deleted several of my posts as they relate to pinnacles and my exposing what they get away with in the SL/CK. In my most recent live review from Harmony they deleted several posts. I am glad this censorship is being discussed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andy C said:

The admins on CC have absolutely deleted several of my posts as they relate to pinnacles and my exposing what they get away with in the SL/CK. In my most recent live review from Harmony they deleted several posts. I am glad this censorship is being discussed. 

In this case Andy they are talking about ones being deleted on FB. That being said they have disappeared from here too. I’m actually surprised you didn’t see this thread yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well...bad timing on my part...drats!  😞 

I am booked on Rhapsody for this upcoming Saturday, and in the past, we have very much enjoyed the CL on that ship.  But we also enjoyed the DL.  Guessing the DL will be a lot more crowded now. 

Something I find strange...and guess it will play out later...is due to the limited number of upper suites on the little Vision class ships, how are they expecting to fill that lounge? :classic_huh:

34 minutes ago, genteelarts said:

We’re on the Rhapsody now. The Diamond Plus letter in our stateroom clearly stated  the Concierge Lounge woul not be available to us on this trip. No big deal; the Diamond Lounge and the overflow area were not crowded.

The Diamond Plus area in the main dining room is large tables only. No smaller tables in that area.

We’re still in port due to fog.

Bummer....have been following the delayed boarding thread.  I know fog is a common issue with Tampa, but have never had to sit in port overnight with it.  Hope you get to leave soon. 

Love the view off the aft of the ship on deck six overflow DL...and happy to hear it is not crowded. 🙂  How is the service?  Still have the bar set up outside of the DL?   

No smaller tables for D+ breakfast as well?  We used to enjoy a little two top in the corner in the mornings in that area.  

26 minutes ago, genteelarts said:

We’re on the Rhapsody now. The Diamond Plus letter in our stateroom clearly stated  the Concierge Lounge would not be available to us on this trip. No big deal; the Diamond Lounge and the overflow area were not crowded.

Thank you for posting.   You have a wonderful attitude!     

Hope the fog in the Tampa area clears soon, so your voyage can begin!  

• Like 1