9 Night Caribbean Demographics

kruzerci

We are deciding between a 7 night cruise and a 9 night ABC island cruise from Florida in late 2019 with extended family. We will have 5-10 family members in the 20-30 age range but I'm worried that if we do the 9 night, the majority of the ship is going to be an older crowd and it will be hard for them to meet people.

I know that usually the 3-6 nights attract a younger crowd and the longer ones attract older. Has anybody had any experience with the 8-9 night Caribbean sailings? I believe Navigator is doing them this year and Explorer next year.

Thanks!

We’ve done a number of trips over 7 nights and your assessment is accurate.  Since not-yet-retired folks are more restricted in their vacation time, and a 7 day cruise is usually a week of vacation, not many choose the longer itineraries.  There will always be some number of 20-30 year old travelers, just as there are always young parents with small kids.  It’s really just a numbers difference.  

It seems that the longer the cruise the older the crowd. We did a 9 night ABC cruise and loved but the average age was much higher than the average 7 day cruise. We are in our early 50s and felt quite young....it really didn't affect our cruising experience.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:52 AM, kruzerci said:

We are deciding between a 7 night cruise and a 9 night ABC island cruise from Florida in late 2019 with extended family. We will have 5-10 family members in the 20-30 age range but I'm worried that if we do the 9 night, the majority of the ship is going to be an older crowd and it will be hard for them to meet people.

I know that usually the 3-6 nights attract a younger crowd and the longer ones attract older. Has anybody had any experience with the 8-9 night Caribbean sailings? I believe Navigator is doing them this year and Explorer next year.

Thanks!

The ABC's are great and the itinerary is also VERY important as is the ship.  

There will be rock walls and flow riders as well as other activities for the younger crowd.

Sure, it won't be a Spring Break crowd but it won't be a retirement home at sea..

We did Back to Back last year on Navigator, 5 night and 9 night. Defiantly an older crowd on the 9 night. I think the itinerary is much better than a 7 night. Whatever you choose have a great cruise.  

On 12/31/2018 at 8:52 AM, kruzerci said:

Thanks!

if I read this correctly the 9 night explorer is 12/13.....plenty of families and college age adults will be on winter break and sailing...those ports are great too...go without worries....

Edited by sisocialworker

I would pick the ABC island cruise.  Those are excellent ports.  Does your group like to snorkel? Bonaire is one of the best places to do this in the world.  

If you book this sign up for a snorkel catamaran tour with Woodwind.  They only take 20 people at a time.  They are so professional.  I liked the fact they provided us with wet suit tops so we did not get burned on our backs and they have snorkel masks in various eyeglass prescriptions. They also send a professional photographer with you to take pics of the whole trip.  If you want  thumb drive--fine. If not, they only mention it once and not again.