Edgeification of Celebrity

pinebro

Gonzo70 is correct...  Celebrity's Millennium-Class and Solstice-Class ships will not be retrofitted with Infinite Verandas as those ships are revolutionized...

Having attended a talk relative to Revolution plans while aboard Silhouette in late November, you will note that I posted the same information in response to the same inquiry on 11 December via the link below [specifically, please see Post #31]…

Thank you very much Xport for the confirmation about no IV's in the revolutionizing!  I had assumed from info I had read about the Edge being built with an "endoskeleton" vs the "exoskeleton" build of the M and S class ships that it was very unlikely they could replace standard balconies with IV balconies on these older ships.  It was nice to finally read some confirmation from someone who heard it directly from a Celebrity employee!  We sailed the Edge inaugural in an IV, but found we prefer a traditional balcony so booked back to the Solstice class after the revolution.  With all of the speculation about what will change with the revolution, I had a tiny bit of concern about potential balcony changes but you have allayed those fears for me!  Thank you again!  

Any other tidbits you can share from that talk about the revolutionizing?  Did they mention keeping the Sky Lounge on S class ships?

7 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Thinking about booking the Summit for Nov 2016, want Aqua class, do I need to worry about what will be on the deck above after the redo?

I’d be more worried about how they are going to get all the extra bodies in Blu - the seats are only an inch apart as it is.

34 minutes ago, villauk said:

I’d be more worried about how they are going to get all the extra bodies in Blu - the seats are only an inch apart as it is.

You're assuming they won't expand the size of Blu.  It would be very easy to move the wall back or even to the railing.

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Well, there are 11 extra cabins, meaning 22 more people.  If there are two turnovers of each table, that's five extra tables they will need.  I booked Aqua for October, 2020 on the Summit.  If I hear about waits in Blu, I will most certainly cancel the cruise.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Well, there are 11 extra cabins, meaning 22 more people.  If there are two turnovers of each table, that's five extra tables they will need.  I booked Aqua for October, 2020 on the Summit.  If I hear about waits in Blu, I will most certainly cancel the cruise.  

Blu could open earlier and stay open later to accommodate 22 more people.

2 hours ago, silkismom said:

Thinking about booking the Summit for Nov 2016, want Aqua class, do I need to worry about what will be on the deck above after the redo?

You should ALWAYS be concerned about what will be above and below your selected stateroom. If you share your stateroom number or deck I can share plans for the M class.

3 minutes ago, silkismom said:

We haven't booked yet, still looking at staterooms, above & below.

The biggest changes will be the new staterooms on 3 aft and 10 forward, with activities above and below both. Unless you want to save money on an Aqua you might want to stray away from the added staterooms.

16 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Blu could open earlier and stay open later to accommodate 22 more people.

It could, but do pax want to go earlier or later to dinner? No doubt, X would still have the most popular times wanted by more pax.  Or as Host Jazz stated above, they could take more public space away and increase the size of Blu. I presume X are hoping all the new cabins/suites will be wanting specialty dining rather than taking space in the current included category dining areas.

10 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

The biggest changes will be the new staterooms on 3 aft and 10 forward, with activities above and below both. Unless you want to save money on an Aqua you might want to stray away from the added staterooms.

I thought Celebrity were also adding cabins to deck 9 where the Ilounge currently resides.

1 hour ago, villauk said:

It could, but do pax want to go earlier or later to dinner? No doubt, X would still have the most popular times wanted by more pax.  Or as Host Jazz stated above, they could take more public space away and increase the size of Blu. I presume X are hoping all the new cabins/suites will be wanting specialty dining rather than taking space in the current included category dining areas.

They could put more table in between the maitre d stand and where the tables are now.  There really is no room to expand Blu though because of where it's situated.  I don't think they will expand Blu.  It will just be crowded and there will be some waiting, especially on days at sea.  We'll all get to see Millennium reviews soon enough.  The best thing about Blu was enjoying a nice slow paced meal with free flowing wine (if you had the drinks package).  I hope those days aren't over.

The new cabins for M class that I remember are Aqua adjacent to the spa in the area where the mens changing and hair salon are not; interior replacing library, I lounge and acupuncture; and ocean view on deck 3.  If they expand Blu that takes away from the MDR again.

4 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The new cabins for M class that I remember are Aqua adjacent to the spa in the area where the mens changing and hair salon are not; interior replacing library, I lounge and acupuncture; and ocean view on deck 3.  If they expand Blu that takes away from the MDR again.

Exactly, which will also be accommodating the extra insides and oceanview cabins. That’s why I stated above that X are obviously hoping that the specialty restaurants will be utilised more.