Edgeification of Celebrity

pinebro

29 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Generally, Aqua Class passengers aren't big users of specialty restaurants.  We'll find out soon enough if this is a problem or if they are going to anything at all.  

We always book AQ or Sky Suite cabins. Specialty restaurants are always part of our cruise experience.  In fact Celebrity encourages, with nice offers, the first night to use specialty restaurants. Not sure I can agree with your use of “Generally”.

2 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

They could put more table in between the maitre d stand and where the tables are now.  There really is no room to expand Blu though because of where it's situated.  I don't think they will expand Blu.  It will just be crowded and there will be some waiting, especially on days at sea.  We'll all get to see Millennium reviews soon enough.  The best thing about Blu was enjoying a nice slow paced meal with free flowing wine (if you had the drinks package).  I hope those days aren't over.

Maybe less opportunity for suite guests to visit BLU???

2 hours ago, villauk said:

Exactly, which will also be accommodating the extra insides and oceanview cabins. That’s why I stated above that X are obviously hoping that the specialty restaurants will be utilised more.

But unless they add more there are only 3 specialty restaurants on M class ships. Tuscan Grill, Qsine and Sushi on 5. For us Qsine is a one and done. Sushi on 5 is ok for lunch. Tuscan runs hot and cold.

4 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Agreed that M Class ships need an additional Specialty Restaurant. LPC and Raw on 5 are not appealing to us. We’ve been to Tuscan several times and agree that it is somewhat inconsistent. 

Yes, let’s hope they add the something like Rooftop and Fine Cut, time will tell.

I'm sure someone has thought of this but I haven't seen anything so I'll say it at the risk of repeating.  I know there is a general dislike of the new IV rooms and most don't want to see the S class ships converted from a true balcony to an IV BUT.....What if they could turn ocean view rooms into IV rooms?  I think most of us would agree that we'd prefer and IV room to an ocean view.  Any thoughts?

6 hours ago, Oville said:

I thought Celebrity were also adding cabins to deck 9 where the Ilounge currently resides.

Good question. Here is a quote from the gent who posted the actual plans to the M class ships: " Well - I have seen an advance sneak peak at the Millennium deck plans and the iLounge, acupuncture and library areas midship on deck 6,7,8,9 are all GONE and replaced by inside cabins!"

So, it appears that new staterooms might be on 9, as well, but I've not seen any plans for them and have no idea what their number designations might be. I will do some checking and see if I can come up with something that might make sense.

Actually, no. It appears there is no place on deck 9 on M class to add staterooms. I'm not sure where the poster came up with deck 9 as adding cabins. The plans show new cabins on decks 3 and 10 on M class ships.

Edited by K12Guy

11 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

Good question. Here is a quote from the gent who posted the actual plans to the M class ships: " Well - I have seen an advance sneak peak at the Millennium deck plans and the iLounge, acupuncture and library areas midship on deck 6,7,8,9 are all GONE and replaced by inside cabins!"

So, it appears that new staterooms might be on 9, as well, but I've not seen any plans for them and have no idea what their number designations might be. I will do some checking and see if I can come up with something that might make sense.

Actually, no. It appears there is no place on deck 9 on M class to add staterooms. I'm not sure where the poster came up with deck 9 as adding cabins. The plans show new cabins on decks 3 and 10 on M class ships.

Thanks, I appreciate your resonse. Katie

11 hours ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

I'm sure someone has thought of this but I haven't seen anything so I'll say it at the risk of repeating.  I know there is a general dislike of the new IV rooms and most don't want to see the S class ships converted from a true balcony to an IV BUT.....What if they could turn ocean view rooms into IV rooms?  I think most of us would agree that we'd prefer and IV room to an ocean view.  Any thoughts?

That is an interesting thought.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

hcat- I'm staying in a suite but now plan to definitely dine in the overcrowded Blu.  LOL!

We are passing on  AQ/BLU for our second EDGE cruise in Nov,   when we have an SV..Already booked dining times in the 4 mdrs.. plus specialty

We are also not doing AQ/ Blu on our  M class booking...The interior Thermal suite not worth the upcharge, looks like it is not moving,  and we are hoping the Select dining works more like it  does on EDGE..  If not    we'll be get a package and eat in Tuscan a few nights..if there is still a specialty  Tuscan...

37 minutes ago, hcat said:

We are passing on  AQ/BLU for our second EDGE cruise in Nov,   when we have an SV..Already booked dining times in the 4 mdrs.. plus specialty

We are also not doing AQ/ Blu on our  M class booking...The interior Thermal suite not worth the upcharge, looks like it is not moving,  and we are hoping the Select dining works more like it  does on EDGE..  If not    we'll be get a package and eat in Tuscan a few nights..if there is still a specialty  Tuscan...

Sounds like a good plan.  The MDR's on Edge so far getting good reviews.

7 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Sounds like a good plan.  The MDR's on Edge so far getting good reviews.

We are looking forward to it..almost more than BLU in a few weeks

Overall EDGE dining sounds good to excellent . We have only once had an issue on other ships..just an off week in BLU  on Infinity....it happens!

On 1/6/2019 at 1:42 PM, K12Guy said:

You should ALWAYS be concerned about what will be above and below your selected stateroom. If you share your stateroom number or deck I can share plans for the M class.

9121 Summit?

This is our first Celebrity sailing so appreciate any advice!

Does anyone know if there are plans to retrofit any of the M class cabins into Panoramic Oceanviews?  Also, will the new cabins on 3 Portside be comparable to the deck 3 cabins on the starboard side that were added a few years ago?  

thanks for all the information posted here.

1 hour ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

9121 Summit?

This is our first Celebrity sailing so appreciate any advice!

9121 currently shows as S2 ADA room and there are NO stateroom additions on deck 9 on Summit after the Revolution.

You will have nothing above you other than maybe a crew storage room, and deck 8 is all staterooms.

Only decks 3 and 10 will be getting additional staterooms. ALL staterooms will be getting a complete overhaul from metal walls out. I hope that helps!

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, pinebro said:

They are sliding in new complete prebuilt rooms. Would be easy.

Sorry, but this is not correct. X has said that the cabins will be stripped down to the metal hull and rebuilt. No pre-fab cabins.

11 hours ago, Pushkin said:

Does anyone know if there are plans to retrofit any of the M class cabins into Panoramic Oceanviews?  Also, will the new cabins on 3 Portside be comparable to the deck 3 cabins on the starboard side that were added a few years ago?  

thanks for all the information posted here.

In a few short weeks Millennium will be the first M-Class to complete the renovation so we will all find out the extent of changes which are likely to be the same across all M-Class ships.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

In a few short weeks Millennium will be the first M-Class to complete the renovation so we will all find out the extent of changes which are likely to be the same across all M-Class ships.

All seems very hush hush...