“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

2 hours ago, bob brown said:

Halifax...

154B61E1-9ADE-44D8-8016-198976607334.jpeg

1FE34985-EE38-4DFD-AACA-FBB3B9631912.jpeg

That’s more like it Bob  - the ship is in good hands again 😁Glad that you are well enough to finish the cruise.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey Betsy and Bob ....all the way from Belfast UK, we send you both our congratulations and wishes for an excellent end of cruise.  Thrilled and relieved. Big hugs for the doggies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2019 at 12:44 PM, no fuss travel said:

Welcome to the Rock.  You go to Newfoundland for the people, not the weather.  It is a very colourful city, as a matter of fact the oldest city in North America.  There is a very interesting brewery Where they bottle their beer in blue bottles (makes a good souvenir) There are a couple of good museums to visit, one has quite a bit on the Titanic, lovely hikes around town and people watching is fantastic

Always nice to hear good news.  Stay healthy and have a great trip home

53 minutes ago, walnutcreekcruiser said:

Which is best    excursions or cabin credit?

You might be better served starting a new thread for this subject. Short answer is that the OBC is generally never a good idea, in most cases you're just moving money from your right hand to your left. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ORV said:

You might be better served starting a new thread for this subject. Short answer is that the OBC is generally never a good idea, in most cases you're just moving money from your right hand to your left. 

+ 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

I beg to differ (and also with RJB).  There are plenty of people who like the OBC, others like excursions.  And plenty who don't want the drink package option either!

It does depend on where people want to spend their money.  Either excursions or OBC can be desirable to many.

When we are limited to those three choices, we tend to go for the OBC or a few ship's tours ... it depends on what we find available in terms of tours.  Bear in mind that while we prefer private tours, we aren't above using ship's tours.

Yes, with OBC (because we're at a level where we get quite a bit anyway and our TA also contributes) we sometimes we find ourselves in the shop trying to find things to buy at the last minute.  Generally what we "buy" is nothing like we'd buy if we didn't have the OBC!  It might be a very nice travel bag or it could just be a small bottle of Listerine!  Or chocolates.

Mura

3 hours ago, walnutcreekcruiser said:

it depends on what you prefer

we do not do ships tours  nor drink much  so if we have the choice it is the OBC

some cruises we just do the "Cruise Only "  fare   then no need to choose the O Life  perk  😉

YMMV

• Like 1

18 hours ago, walnutcreekcruiser said:

You can now purchase ship tours pre-cruise with OBC, so that option gives you the flexibility to either use the money while onboard or in advance. 

OTOH, you can book a ship tour valued up to $199 with the tour option, so theoretically is double the value of OBC. 

If you wish to go cheaply, then choose "cruise only" and/or "no airfare" and provide your own if desired. 

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Mura & Lyn, I was referring to the OBC that comes with Olife, not loyalty or additional OBC. If you look at the numbers you'll find the OBC is generally always a wash. The difference in the cost is equal to the amount of OBC. 

55 minutes ago, ORV said:

Mura & Lyn, I was referring to the OBC that comes with Olife, not loyalty or additional OBC. If you look at the numbers you'll find the OBC is generally always a wash. The difference in the cost is equal to the amount of OBC. 

I agree

I only take O Life  if I am using O air  otherwise  I do the  Cruise only fare

The O air worked out better for the TA  than I could get on my own  so I did take the O Life OBC

We had the PE seats on the return from the UK

That is why I say you need to do the math & do what works for you  😉

Likewise, we've usually done the cruise oLife benefits and not OBC when we have the oLife cruise. I don't think we've done a cruise only trip yet but we WERE booked that way for one of our latest cruises ... I just don't remember if it stayed that way!

The wedding is on! The happy couple, Judy and I had lunch with the Captain and Amy today.  That was cool in itself but, Bob and Betsy finally decided to get married on the ship.  It will be July 9th, or first sea day after Bermuda.  Marsha and Amy are setting it up in Insigina Lounge and everyone is invited.  We will let you know the time when that is settled on with the ship's schudule. I told them I was putting out the word. We are all as excited as the bride and groom.

bob and betsy.jpg

• Like 17

On 7/2/2019 at 10:11 PM, bob brown said:

Halifax...

154B61E1-9ADE-44D8-8016-198976607334.jpeg

1FE34985-EE38-4DFD-AACA-FBB3B9631912.jpeg

Was nice to see you came back to the ship after your medical experience. Hope you and Betsy have a good life together. I wondered if you were connecting when I saw so many pictures doing tours together. It has been enjoyable to see all your postings I don’t think I have really caught on about the pilot boat thing also train and buses but it was fun to see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1