“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

Hello all,  I discovered this thread  couple of days ago and just could not stop reading. The pictures and all the great info, not to mention Bob (I do hope you're feeling better), Betsy, The Beach and Go Bucks ( you ladies are too cute!). The remarks from the rest of the followers or fans has been womderful!  We booked the L.A. to Hong Kong 2021 legs this morning. So excited ....Thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, Upforfun said:

Hello all,  I discovered this thread  couple of days ago and just could not stop reading. The pictures and all the great info, not to mention Bob (I do hope you're feeling better), Betsy, The Beach and Go Bucks ( you ladies are too cute!). The remarks from the rest of the followers or fans has been womderful!  We booked the L.A. to Hong Kong 2021 legs this morning. So excited ....Thanks for sharing!

Welcome!!

This is the most fantastic journey! This is a academy award winner!!  Best movie in my eyes! Bob is special and received the best gift in life 2 times over! His health and the love of his life!

I won’t be surprised if we see another wonderful journey of both of them soon! Stay tuned!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LA TO HONG KONG 2021!

Denise😊

• Like 2

Betsy is the former wife of Don Horner who passed away back in 2016.  Don was a great contributor here on CC and they were a wonderful couple. 

All the best to the new couple.  Hope you are able to enjoy many more cruises. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

Betsy is the former wife of Don Horner who passed away back in 2016.  Don was a great contributor here on CC and they were a wonderful couple. 

Wow, I could not have guess that.  How wonderful.  

Today is Belfast, NI...I saw the pilot boat buzz past my balcony window so he was on the ship...a comfort to know!  😉

Trying to keep Bob cheered up!

I heard that Jim is back on the ship...welcome back and hope to see you around.  👍

• Like 2

Belfast, NI...got a manicure, visited the Cathedral of St. Anne (Anglican), shopped at a craft store, bought beautiful Irish wool yarn at a store that only sells things made in Ireland,  had lunch in a cafe and got this fast wifi at Starbucks. Nice day.

Oh, and for whatever reason, the CC site is letting me upload photos!!  Shocking...

20190622_143035.jpg

20190622_110546.jpg

20190622_110909.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Waynetor said:

Yes, I remember a lot of great posts from Don.   May Bob and Betsy have a good long life together and Don rest in peace. 

14 hours ago, Waynetor said:

Oh my gosh..Betsy is a good friend an a travel partner..Bets if you are reading this all our love and congrats to you and Bob..please call me when you return..

Stu and I are so happy for you ....I told FDR about your engagement and he said Oceania is better than Match.com..

Love and XX 

Jancruz1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

FDR is right!!  Hope he’s doing well after having to deal with all the recent Cuba cancellations.

We were on the Regatta, along with Betsy and Don and others, celebrating Oceania’s 10th anniversary, when he announced his idea of Around the World cruises.  He was hoping others would be as excited about them as he was.  Little did he imagine how excited people would be!  A true visionary!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Senior Citizen said:

FDR is right!!  Hope he’s doing well after having to deal with all the recent Cuba cancellations.

We were on the Regatta, along with Betsy and Don and others, celebrating Oceania’s 10th anniversary, when he announced his idea of Around the World cruises.  He was hoping others would be as excited about them as he was.  Little did he imagine how excited people would be!  A true visionary!!

I agree he is amazing and so is his wife

Jancruz1

15 hours ago, Waynetor said:

I knew it!  I thought I recognized her.  We met her and Don on Regent Navigator way back about 2009 or thereabouts.  Congrats to both of you.

I was excited (and posted my congratulations) about this so very romantic engagement even before I found out I had met one of the parties.  Spouse legaleaglegreen and I had a lovely dinner with Don and Betsy when they overnighted in Cincinnati before embarking on one of their riverboat cruises.  It was so fun to meet the author of so many helpful non-partisan posts on this very board and the very gracious Betsy.  Electronic communication works but IMO does not hold a candle to in-person communication.

Best wishes for a complete prompt recovery to Bob and to the newly-engaged couple for many happy adventures together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CintiPam said:

I was excited (and posted my congratulations) about this so very romantic engagement even before I found out I had met one of the parties.  Spouse legaleaglegreen and I had a lovely dinner with Don and Betsy when they overnighted in Cincinnati before embarking on one of their riverboat cruises.  It was so fun to meet the author of so many helpful non-partisan posts on this very board and the very gracious Betsy.  Electronic communication works but IMO does not hold a candle to in-person communication.

Best wishes for a complete prompt recovery to Bob and to the newly-engaged couple for many happy adventures together.

Just love the use pf the words  "non partisan quotes"   We should all follow that.   Would be most helpful.

• Like 2

Hadn't watched this thread for a couple of weeks... dang it Bob! There's easier ways to propose than after a heart attack and a stroke mate! Sheesh, all's well that end well. Terri says hi as well 😄

Glad to hear everything is well - that was some tense reading for the last half dozen thread pages. So I guess it is time to start planning the honeymoon cruise 😜

I talked to Trish on shore and she said the ship got an email that Bob abd Betsy were reboarding the ship in Cork.  I hadn't heard so I called Bob.  The doctor said no to four days at sea and the slight potential for problems that could not be addressed that far from land.  He and Betsy were in Paris boarding a flight for New York.  It is still possible they will get back on in Halifax.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Beach said:

I talked to Trish on shore and she said the ship got an email that Bob abd Betsy were reboarding the ship in Cork.  I hadn't heard so I called Bob.  The doctor said no to four days at sea and the slight potential for problems that could not be addressed that far from land.  He and Betsy were in Paris boarding a flight for New York.  It is still possible they will get back on in Halifax.

That would be nice if they could do that & finish the last few weeks onboard

Thanks for the updates

1 hour ago, The Beach said:

Sounds like a good time for Bob to get home, check in with his own medical team and do some rest and rehab. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Jim, for the update on Bob and Betsy.  Hope you get to see them onboard again.

Bob’s situation is a good wake-up call for the rest of us to make sure we have good travel insurance for medical issues that might arise when so far away from home.  I’m wondering if MedJet Assist would have come into play in this situation?

2 hours ago, Senior Citizen said:

I’m wondering if MedJet Assist would have come into play in this situation?

I don’t see why not - as long as Bob was cleared to be flown to a hospital near home. If it wouldn’t be covered, then it’s not worth the paper it’s written on.

Edited by Paulchili

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I don’t see why not - as long as Bob was cleared to be flown to a hospital near home. If it wouldn’t be covered, then it’s not worth the paper it’s written on.

I think the patient must be currently hospitalized for Med Jet.  If he was checked out, they wouldn’t send a jet. His regular trip insurance would probably pay for an upgraded seat home. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, buggins0402 said:

I think the patient must be currently hospitalized for Med Jet.  If he was checked out, they wouldn’t send a jet. His regular trip insurance would probably pay for an upgraded seat home. 

Yes - the patient must first spend a minimum of 24 hrs in a hospital before MedJet would transport the patient. That said, the patient must be in a stable condition and be cleared by a physician for such a long airplane transfer and that is not always the case (at least not immediately).

• Thanks 1