Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

1 minute ago, Monorail Orange said:

I'm confused about what ITV has to do with excursions. I've been on a fair few of them, but I've not watched the channel since The Durrells finished last year. Plus I don't think I've watched ITV on a Saturday night since the early 90s.

Some posters believe that watching ITV on Saturday is a sign of inferiority. I think it's called nincompoopersnobbery.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

I'm confused about what ITV has to do with excursions. I've been on a fair few of them, but I've not watched the channel since The Durrells finished last year. Plus I don't think I've watched ITV on a Saturday night since the early 90s.

ITV has absolutely nothing to do with excursions, but there's been a number of posts suggesting that the new cruisers being drawn to P&O are likely to be excursion booking, ITV watching, Butlins holidaying type of people. 2 of which I am 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 10:20 AM, AnnieC said:

Funnily enough, the more we all post drivel the more new people join in🤣; in these difficult times it's providing a welcome distraction.

I have never seen this part of the forum so busy.

Likewise.

My posts used to be

90% RCL and 10% P&O now it is probably 

70% P&O and 30% RCL.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Our Iona cruise is due to be 19th June next year. I logged onto My P&O Cruises site this afternoon and saw that excursions are already available to book. It seems very early to be selling excursions already, almost a year in advance. We certainly won't be booking any until cruise ships have actually started sailing again.

I know many of people on here think booking P & O excursions is a waste of money, but I'm one of the new breed of cruisers who watch Saturday night ITV. 😊

We'll book our trips with P&O at least for our first cruise,

When we go to Norway it will be new area for us so we will be booking some P&O tours. We always do when it's somewhere we've not been before, and we're not new cruisers. Or Saturday night ITV viewers 😉

Avril 

• Like 1

Can’t wait for all the photos and the reports back once she has sailed. 

Looking at you avril and Sarah. Will be wanting lots of info when your back cos you go before me. 

im hoping things will start moving a little bit soon. 

soft play is coming back. Yay for me. 
more quarantine for abroad tho not so good

• Like 1

Your girls will be excited to get to the soft play areas 😊

I'll certainly be taking lots of photos. I'll be trawling YouTube for details as soon as Iona is sailing. You're going to the same ports as me Vamps. Geiranger is the one I'm looking forward to most.

Avril, which ports are you going to?

• Like 1

I do a mixture of P&O excursions and doing our own thing in ports that are walkable. However, unless it was an excursion I really wanted to do in a port that is rarely visited, I wouldn’t book my outings any earlier than a couple of months before the cruise, and that’s in normal times. 

This thing about watching ITV on a Saturday night. I always thought the quote was that P&O was aiming for the Saturday night TV audience ( no channel mentioned). If that’s the case, I reckon that includes loads of us, as Strictly is a Saturday night TV show that’s very popular with P&O cruisers 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I do a mixture of P&O excursions and doing our own thing in ports that are walkable. However, unless it was an excursion I really wanted to do in a port that is rarely visited, I wouldn’t book my outings any earlier than a couple of months before the cruise, and that’s in normal times. 

This thing about watching ITV on a Saturday night. I always thought the quote was that P&O was aiming for the Saturday night TV audience ( no channel mentioned). If that’s the case, I reckon that includes loads of us, as Strictly is a Saturday night TV show that’s very popular with P&O cruisers 

Yes we'll do our own thing as well as excursions, walking at some of the ports.

I think the Saturday eve TV thing evolved into ITV watching.  😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Stavanger 

Olden 

Lofoten Islands 

Tromso 

Kristandsund 

Andalsnes 

Bergen 

Plus cruising 3 fjords.

Avril 

We have a few the same as you.

We're going to Stavanger, Olden, Geiranger and Haugesund.

The Lofoten Island look very pretty in photos & I'd like to go to Tromso one day.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The quote (from Paul Ludlow) was definitely that they were targeting the Saturday night ITV audience. They already have the Strictly audience!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Your girls will be excited to get to the soft play areas 😊

I'll certainly be taking lots of photos. I'll be trawling YouTube for details as soon as Iona is sailing. You're going to the same ports as me Vamps. Geiranger is the one I'm looking forward to most.

Avril, which ports are you going to?

We were looking forward to Gereinger as well, but on our only visit, on Celebrity Eclipse, the cloud came down just as we berthed on the floating dock and we could not see the shore.  Then after breakfast as we were getting ready to go ashore, the heavens opened and I knew how Noah must have felt.  It rained most of the day and as my wife is a wheelchair user we decided it was not worth the bother.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We have a few the same as you.

We're going to Stavanger, Olden, Geiranger and Haugesund.

The Lofoten Island look very pretty in photos & I'd like to go to Tromso one day.

The main reason we chose this particular cruise was because of Tromso, and also someone on here, can't remember who, said how beautiful the Lofoten islands were and that P&O don't feature it often in their itineraries.

Avril 

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Some posters believe that watching ITV on Saturday is a sign of inferiority. I think it's called nincompoopersnobbery.😂

Zap - I just wish I had thought of that word. Brilliant! 

3 hours ago, Monorail Orange said:

I think you are a little out of date with British popular culture, especially with regards to TV programmes. 

As a P&O cruiser,  you must obviously adore Strickers, Repair Shop and Country File.  Liking "Midwife" is preferred, but not essential.

Also, Bake Off is, strangely enough, better on Ch4. As an aside,  if in doubt throw in this bombshell to any conversation:"Never did like Mel and Sue. (Wasn't one of their fathers a very intelligent immigrant ?)"  Then lean back and enjoy the discussion.

Michael McIntyre is an acquired taste, so probably best not mentioned,  and certainly don't mention Mrs Brown, unless with you are with Selbourne after 11pm in a secret part of the bar.

Ant and Dec are best ignored, but if you do slip up and admit to liking them a tiny bit, just say how much you admire Paul O'Grady especially the bit when a tiny puppy does a little wee on his trousers. And finally, if in doubt, just mention the blessed St Noel. Talking about the programme where a 14 year old labrador walks on a setee castor will have everyone on your table in the MDR in tears.

Welcome to the world of understanding people through their love of certain TV programmes. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Can’t wait for all the photos and the reports back once she has sailed 

We're sailing on Arcadia Vamp not Iona. Sorry if I confused you. I will definitely post photos for you though. I just have to learn how to do it first. 😕

Avril 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think you are a little out of date with British popular culture, especially with regards to TV programmes. 

As a P&O cruiser,  you must obviously adore Strickers, Repair Shop and Country File.  Liking "Midwife" is preferred, but not essential.

Also, Bake Off is, strangely enough, better on Ch4. As an aside,  if in doubt throw in this bombshell to any conversation:"Never did like Mel and Sue. (Wasn't one of their fathers a very intelligent immigrant ?)"  Then lean back and enjoy the discussion.

Michael McIntyre is an acquired taste, so probably best not mentioned,  and certainly don't mention Mrs Brown, unless with you are with Selbourne after 11pm in a secret part of the bar.

Ant and Dec are best ignored, but if you do slip up and admit to liking them a tiny bit, just say how much you admire Paul O'Grady especially the bit when a tiny puppy does a little wee on his trousers. And finally, if in doubt, just mention the blessed St Noel. Talking about the programme where a 14 year old labrador walks on a setee castor will have everyone on your table in the MDR in tears.

Welcome to the world of understanding people through their love of certain TV programmes. 

As a P&O cruiser, I would not watch any of these programmes. Does this mean I have to change allegiance and cruise elsewhere?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Oh dear. Now I'm really worried. I thought we were P&O cruisers but apparently not. What happens if you don't watch any of those TV programmes? Are we shunned, sent to Coventry, made to walk the plank, or will the ship leave before we even have chance to board? Best keep mum then.🙊😁

Avril 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We're sailing on Arcadia Vamp not Iona. Sorry if I confused you. I will definitely post photos for you though. I just have to learn how to do it first. 😕

Avril 

Bet that will be quiet though. No kiddies being annoying. 

I only know how to do photos from my mobile. Would have no idea how to do it on anything else but love seeing people’s photos. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Yes we'll do our own thing as well as excursions, walking at some of the ports.

I think the Saturday eve TV thing evolved into ITV watching.  😊

I think the insult started by refering to Ant and Dec's Saturday day night takeaway viewers which was set on Britannia.

• Like 1