Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

4 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Little bit turning and now heading back.  Currently pointing more towards Rotterdam than Bremerhaven, but plenty of time to change course.

image.thumb.png.1234da896e59cdd5d747ce25658f5e5d.png

Looks like the Satnav is playing up a bit.😂

• Like 2

I presume after the sea trials are completed and she gets to Rotterdam they will dry dock her and check to see if there is any long lasting damage to the bow thrusters and if there is they will repair them.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I presume after the sea trials are completed and she gets to Rotterdam they will dry dock her and check to see if there is any long lasting damage to the bow thrusters and if there is they will repair them.

Correct

On 6/5/2020 at 3:28 PM, Son of Anarchy said:

Looks like Iona is now due to leave dry dock on 10 June.

Delivery mid June. If so they will need to book some entertainment and perhaps a guest speaker. Someone who may be available at the begining of October.😁

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

Delivery mid June. If so they will need to book some entertainment and perhaps a guest speaker. Someone who may be available at the begining of October.😁

Well, it certainly won't  be the beginning of October,  that's for sure. 

How about a grand launch at the beginning of December,  once the other ships have resumed cruising.

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

How about a grand launch at the beginning of December,  once the other ships have resumed cruising.

I think P&O will want to gather as much publicity as they can from a restart of cruising, and what better way than to have a new ship as one of the first.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think P&O will want to gather as much publicity as they can from a restart of cruising, and what better way than to have a new ship as one of the first.

You have a very good point!

"Iona launches our brand into the new era of cruising!" or some other kind of marketing wizardry.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Could be the answer, but I don't fancy a fjords cruise in December. Canaries perhaps, but 3 days each way before any sunshine doesn't excite either. Probably give it a miss til next year. Caribbean ????😁

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Could be the answer, but I don't fancy a fjords cruise in December. Canaries perhaps, but 3 days each way before any sunshine doesn't excite either. Probably give it a miss til next year. Caribbean ????😁

Iona can't cruise the Carribbean until the fuel availability situation changes.