Seapass card on Door knob - security issue?

billsr

Every cruise I've been on in last several years is playing that when we get to our cabin.

They used to play it during muster on Oasis class ships.  Along with Wash Your Hands. It was not played on the Oasis Noro cruise. [emoji2961][emoji1785] 

It will be interesting to see if it's back on Oasis Feb 17
It was on this week's Harmony.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The last two times on Oasis in August (2017, 2018) both the "Wash your hands" and the mock spy video were shown during the muster calls.

Also, these sailed out of Port Canaveral and the Seapass card was received during checking before boarding.

23 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

The last two times on Oasis in August (2017, 2018) both the "Wash your hands" and the mock spy video were shown during the muster calls.

Also, these sailed out of Port Canaveral and the Seapass card was received during checking before boarding.

It's new on ships besides Quantum, Anthem and Harmony. (and Symphony).  On those ships, it has been that way since launch.  Now they are adding other ships.

5 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

So does this mean there is no more "ding" when you walk on the ship for the first time?  That was always one of the signals that I was cruising.  :classic_biggrin:

When they scan the bar code on your boarding pass it causes the same "ding" sound to occur.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:04 PM, Ocean Boy said:

You seem to be going out of your way to make a point that credit cards in the mail have as little, or less, security as the seapasses by the cabin door when it is simply not the case. So since you obviously have never had to go through activating an American credit card why don't you just let it go?

Hmm, how little you know.

Credit cards in the mail have certain security features.  Sea Pass cards have different ones.

Both are reasonably secure.

the worse I saw recently and I'm sorry I can't remember which of my many recent cruises, but I got to my floor and started to walk down the hall and scattered all over the floor were envelopes.   I heard kids laughing and yelling in the distance.     When I got to my cabin, my envelope was there.  But it was obviously kids ran down the hallway, knocking all the envelopes onto the ground and they were all mixed up.   

Back in August, I saw the Seapass envelope on the door next to mine when I left my room on final morning at 8:45 AM. I'm sure the stateroom attendant just puts the envelope up when the room is finished being cleaned. The envelope was not sealed at all.

Agreed with everyone else though. With cameras in the hallways and your picture appearing with every purchase, the chance of a security issue going unresolved is very low.

Edited by ryguy2008
typo

3 hours ago, ryguy2008 said:

Back in August, I saw the Seapass envelope on the door next to mine when I left my room on final morning at 8:45 AM. I'm sure the stateroom attendant just puts the envelope up when the room is finished being cleaned. The envelope was not sealed at all.

Agreed with everyone else though. With cameras in the hallways and your picture appearing with every purchase, the chance of a security issue going unresolved is very low.

Plus everything is basically closed until after sail away, right? The stores, spa, etc. You could buy a drink with one I suppose but it would be relatively easy to dispute that charge (and if you have the beverage package it wouldn't even be a thing). I know that Carnival sets up a special line for folks that have cabin key issues like this, not sure if Royal does.

14 hours ago, Trekker954 said:

the worse I saw recently and I'm sorry I can't remember which of my many recent cruises, but I got to my floor and started to walk down the hall and scattered all over the floor were envelopes.   I heard kids laughing and yelling in the distance.     When I got to my cabin, my envelope was there.  But it was obviously kids ran down the hallway, knocking all the envelopes onto the ground and they were all mixed up.   

Now this would an issue, if it happened frequently.