The Quest

2 hours ago, cruisefun77 said:

What night and time should we anticipate The Quest on a 7 - night Western Caribbean cruise on Harmony?  Want to make sure I don't book a show during that time.

It will be late enough that the only  reserved show that might interfere is the Comedy Club.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LewLewBelle said:

So I went to a quest on Carnival... saw things I didn’t  want to and are forever burned in my mind ughhh.   Does it get that wild and crazy on Royal?   

Depends on what you consider wild and crazy. Never been on Carnival but RCs quest can get wild and crazy. As it should. Love it. 

Edited by davekathy

12 minutes ago, LewLewBelle said:

So I went to a quest on Carnival... saw things I didn’t  want to and are forever burned in my mind ughhh.   Does it get that wild and crazy on Royal?   

Varies by cruise and depends on the audience.  Sometimes it's tame, other times I want to gouge my own eyes out.

Every cruise, I say I'm going to skip it as it's become predictable.  But I still go....

42 minutes ago, LewLewBelle said:

35 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Depends on what you consider wild and crazy. Never been on Carnival but RCs quest can get wild and crazy. As it should. Love it. 

What happens in the Quest, stays on the Quest

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s what I had originally assumed as well but in looking at the compass there was an aqua-show sheduled for 10:15 which would interfere.

Wow. I don’t remember seeing a performance that late! 😳

12 hours ago, cruisefun77 said:

What night and time should we anticipate The Quest on a 7 - night Western Caribbean cruise on Harmony?  Want to make sure I don't book a show during that time.

In MOST cases the CD is the host and he usually is the host or MC for the shows, so it rarely happens that it conflicts with another big show.  One thing I use to like about Ken Rush, is he would say, "The quest follows this show, but don't worry about rushing, I have to get there before it starts too so stay for the whole show. 

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s what I had originally assumed as well but in looking at the compass there was an aqua-show sheduled for 10:15 which would interfere.

From what I have seen on 3 Oasis class cruises, that happens when an earlier show had to be rescheduled.  But it might just happen as you said, I always try to book the aqua show early in the week.

29 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

While on the topic of the Quest - What would you say is the minimum age to go to it? I remember Abe Hughes saying Love and Marriage is PG13 but can't remember hearing anything about Quest.

Supposed to be 18+ however it seems like many parents are now bringing younger kids and staff don’t enforce the age limit. (Probably use the pool staff that don’t enforce the 30 minute rule about reserving chairs) 

24 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

While on the topic of the Quest - What would you say is the minimum age to go to it? I remember Abe Hughes saying Love and Marriage is PG13 but can't remember hearing anything about Quest.

I think it is best when everyone adheres to 18+ but you know your kids the best - I'd say upper high school is the earliest I'd let them, if they're mature.  

That said, my first quest was 2007, my oldest (15+ at the time) had come to give me my room key back she borrowed - but before that a friend and voluntold me I was being a captain with her boyfriend - I am competitive and a great Quest ensued lol!  Once my oldest realized mom was competing she stayed to watch - she wasn't scarred, but she is mature and she laughed and turned red at times!  None of my 3 were planning on being there since it was 18+. That friend that volunteered me still finds people that remember me from that Quest, last year while she was cruising in Alaska lol!  All because of a sock 🙂

Now the last cruise we did on Carnival - she and her sister (now both in their 20s) made the table behind us laugh because they grabbed each other in sympathy after watching husband and me compete with no shame (we're both highly competitive).  I'd say what happens on Quest stays on Quest but I know they were catching up their baby brother on how lucky he was to not be on the cruise (he failed to see it the same way).

This next cruise we're taking youngest (also now in 20s) and his GF, I make no promises on vacation that one won't get embarrassed!

6 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Rated R. Heckuva lot of fun. 

I love it when the CD or AD switches it up and doesn’t do it the same way as it’s been done in the past.  After attending the Quest probably 20 times, they tend to blend into each other unless it’s changed but I always find something that makes me laugh hysterically.  I absolutely encourage those who haven’t seen it to attend.  

On 2/6/2019 at 1:39 AM, Merion_Mom said:

It will be late enough that the only  reserved show that might interfere is the Comedy Club.

Unfortunately I think this will happen with us.  Forgot about the comedy booking possibly clashing with Quest (as we selected night 6).  Hopefully Quest will be a bit later, but if the timings overlap, then it'll be Quest as DH said he really wants to go to that.  

Question...In case it overlaps just for a short amount, can you leave mid way through the comedy show on an Oasis class?  Or is the venue too small and it would be rude/too obvious?

13 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

... Question...In case it overlaps just for a short amount, can you leave mid way through the comedy show on an Oasis class?  Or is the venue too small and it would be rude/too obvious?

The venue is small and it would be obvious.