Are NCL platinum perks the best?

Newleno

Platinum on NCL is pretty good.  Figure 4 meals at $30, two bags of laundry at $20, chocolate covered strawberries at $20, bottle of type of wine at $10, plus early on and early off, it’s an easy $200 in stuff.  Also, getting the yellow tags you are usually about 30 feet from customs and there is no lines.  We will do the behind the scenes tour next cruise which adds to the value.

Not sure what other lines offer after 12 cruises.

In my opinion Elite on Princess can't be beat.  We are Platinum on NCL and Elite on Celebrity.  Princess gives you everything in your frig free and you tell them what to put in it.  Free laundry and dry cleaning...head of the line perks throughout the cruise.  250 internet minutes..per person..etc...not bad on  a long cruise.  The meals on NCL are the best of NCL Platinum.....can't complain LOL

1 hour ago, Newleno said:

For the amount of nights you need (85) for  platinum, the perks provided seem really good.  Are these perks the best in the industry?  We have 156 nights on Holland and dont get jack.

Holland America does not give much but I would still cruise on HAL over NCL. HAL is a couple of steps up from NCL.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have very good perks.  Both give free drinks during certain times of the day. Princess has good perks too. Free  internet minutes on Celebrity and Princess. Free internet days on Royal Caribbean. Free laundry on Celebrity. Laundry discounts on Royal. Diamond Lounge on Royal Caribbean. One category upgrade Celebrity. Balcony discount on Royal Caribbean worth about $200. To me the Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Princess loyalty perks are better than the NCL perks.

3 hours ago, Newleno said:

For the amount of nights you need (85) for  platinum, the perks provided seem really good.  Are these perks the best in the industry?  We have 156 nights on Holland and dont get jack.

We are Platinum on NCL, Elite on Celebrity and Diamond on Royal C.

In my opinion Elite and Diamond are better than Platinum,

Both of those rewards include a happy hour with free drinks that don't require us to purchase a beverage package and save us hundreds of dollars on our cruises with Celebrity and Royal.

Platinum on NCL and Elite on Celebrity have free laundry benefits.

Platinum does provide a free bottle of wine and meal for two at Le Bistro and another meal for two (no wine) at another specialty restaurant.  Those benefits are nice, but worth about 1/4 of the happy hour benefits.

16 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

We are Platinum on NCL, Elite on Celebrity and Diamond on Royal C.

In my opinion Elite and Diamond are better than Platinum,

Both of those rewards include a happy hour with free drinks that don't require us to purchase a beverage package and save us hundreds of dollars on our cruises with Celebrity and Royal.

Platinum on NCL and Elite on Celebrity have free laundry benefits.

Platinum does provide a free bottle of wine and meal for two at Le Bistro and another meal for two (no wine) at another specialty restaurant.  Those benefits are nice, but worth about 1/4 of the happy hour benefits.

are those benefits on Celebrity and Royal received after 85 points? thanks

NCL having a happy hour and giving out some free drinks sounds like a great idea. I don't drink enough to justify purchasing the UBP but a couple at happy hour would be nice, even if not every day. NCL is so generous with the UBP it seems like it couldn't hurt to pass some out to their multi-repeat customers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Holland America does not give much but I would still cruise on HAL over NCL. HAL is a couple of steps up from NCL.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have very good perks.  Both give free drinks during certain times of the day. Princess has good perks too. Free  internet minutes on Celebrity and Princess. Free internet days on Royal Caribbean. Free laundry on Celebrity. Laundry discounts on Royal. Diamond Lounge on Royal Caribbean. One category upgrade Celebrity. Balcony discount on Royal Caribbean worth about $200. To me the Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Princess loyalty perks are better than the NCL perks.

IMHO it is subjective and depends on what you like.

Some of the perks on some lines, I am not interested in.  And all of the perks on each line are not listed here either. ☺

6 minutes ago, JohnIreland said:

Black on MSC is most of the same perks.

Difference is that they gave it would me saving to set foot on one of their ships.

85 nights equals platinum on ncl, how many nights equal black on msc?  Trying to compare benefits for aprox 85 nights, i said it before we have 156 on HAL and they give us absolutely jack nothingl  We are all different on what we think what perks are important, on NCL the two free dinners, the two bottles of wine, the priority tender,  two bottles of water, the free laundry and the 30 minutes each internet are great perks for us.  I think for 85 nights these perks are pretty good compared to the whole industry.

Edited by Newleno

6 hours ago, Newleno said:

The two specialty dinners (one with wine) - Top of list

Two free bags of laundry - Great

Behind the Scenes tour - while they are similar, we always take the tour no matter how many times we have been on the ship

ShoreEx discount - Good since we normally book NCL ShoreEx

Photo Shop discount - Good since we always take an embarkation photo to add to the scrap book

WiFi - o.k. we use as credits toward unlimited packages

Strawberries - Yeah, o.k.

Free sparkling wine - no so much

Gift shop discounts - no so much

Dinner with an officer - no so much (last trip we got the photo shop manager)

Concierge help - doesn't exist

Priority disembarkation - second bags to the baggage hall not really a benefit

Priority Tendering - a joke, just lets you get in line whenever you want - no priority

6 hours ago, Newleno said:

are those benefits on Celebrity and Royal received after 85 points? thanks

Diamond on RCI comes after 80 points.  Also on RCI as the level increases discounts are given on balcony and above cabins.  With the discounts on the Quantum class ships the balconies are only a few dollars more than inside cabins.

• Like 1

I want to mention a couple of things.  NCL Platinum status is achieved with 80 points not 85, and it's points not days.  We achieved Platinum status with 53 days of cruising because at one time it was possible to get double or even triple points for a single cruise.  NCL no longer gives triple points but you can still get double points by booking a Latitudes Insider cruise.

• Like 2

MSC Black gives you nothing other than 1 free meal for 2 at their specialty restaurant.

I like RCCL's diamond -- free drinks (limited hours), 1 day of internet, free picture for each diamond member, etc... 

Edited by xcell

30 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

I want to mention a couple of things.  NCL Platinum status is achieved with 80 points not 85, and it's points not days.  We achieved Platinum status with 53 days of cruising because at one time it was possible to get double or even triple points for a single cruise.  NCL no longer gives triple points but you can still get double points by booking a Latitudes Insider cruise.

You can still get triple points if it is a latitudes offer and you are in a suite.

it is no longer possible to get 4 points a night as they don’t give the extra point for booking 9 months out any more.

46 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

Yes 80 nights, thanks (we have 85 points so that was stuck in my head) We have seen cruises with double points through latitudes offer but the price was so much more than the sailaway price that it did not make sense. The steak I had at Gagney's on the platinum perk was one of the best steaks I had in a long time.

Edited by Newleno

4 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

You can still get triple points if it is a latitudes offer and you are in a suite.

it is no longer possible to get 4 points a night as they don’t give the extra point for booking 9 months out any more.

I did not know that, probably because I never book anything higher than a mini-suite.