On Millennium. A few thoughts

Merly

On 2/14/2019 at 8:48 AM, southernbreezes said:

I have always taken my laptop for work, expensive camera and never worried about a safe. 63 Cruises and nothing ever missing. We do use the safe for our passport, cash and my wife's jewelry. 

Same here.

• Like 2

Merly thanks for the info and pictures. Hope you have time to post more when your trip is done.

Typical Cruise Critic tangential discussion though: Celebrity spends $500 million renovating ships which generates pages of posts focused on bathroom shelving and the size of the safes. 

:classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Merly said:

No, still not for me. Too bland. The curtains let too much light in and although it wasn’t an issue on this cruise, there are some ports where on deck 3, shore side, with no privacy curtains you would feel very ‘on view’. Also the size of the wardrobe still irked. 

I believe this may make a 19 night transatlantic challenging, without using a piece of luggage under the bed, for additional storage.  I would imagine that revenue from a self-service laundry on each floor, would offset at least some of the revenue from an additional room.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

21 hours ago, lourdest said:

I always bring a laptop and always leave it out and charging on the desk.  The same goes for cameras and iphones.  All my  family and friends do the same thing and never had an issue.

Same here.  Just use the safe to store jewelry, cash and passports.

I have arrived home after my cruise which included a few days pre cruise in Bangkok and Singapore, then a few days post cruise in Hong Kong.  I now have more internet time to report my views of my cruise.

Overall it was very enjoyable, despite the issues. The staff were friendly and helpful as usual and did everything they could to make our cruise a good experience.

I think there were quite a lot of new staff.  The service in the dining room on the first night and breakfast the first morning were very slow.  But did improve.

I posted pictures earlier of the cabin.  My opinion of it didn’t change.  The decor is bland, the wardrobe is not fit for purpose, there is little storage in the bathroom , the tissue box takes up space. They ran out of tissues to fit the new box after a couple of days and went back’ to the old boxes placed on the side.  The waste bins are free standing, with a swing lid which doesn’t close and means they can’t take a bin liner.

The bedside lamps are useless.  One takes up too much room, the other you can’t reach.

On to other areas. The Ocean view is very nice, bright with a new layout.  Food stations spread around and the food was excellent.

The bar has been taken away with the only one available being outside. 

DF5F518F-525B-4114-849B-E14524253920.jpeg

444317A8-FA7E-4D93-B33C-FCC0374D9C7B.jpeg

794C535E-BF0D-4975-9432-61E4DFE9A997.jpeg

E9C203EF-5056-436B-B496-8A57CD6DFA13.jpeg

Edited by Merly
Typo
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2019 at 7:43 AM, jkgourmet said:

good idea not to print it If you're trying to decrease environmental damage.  And keep information up-to-the-minute accurate.  

Prediction:  When (if) they have their app working properly, they will stop printing the daily schedules on paper.  At first they will offer them on request at the passenger relations desk.  But eventually that will be discontinued.  

Those without phones and apps would  be left out  completely I guess...not everyone luves on their phines..esp while on holiday!

Printing a one page bio of who is who on board will not tip the balance.,,they still print  alot of junk in bulk  ..excursion info etc..

• Like 2

I  am glad OP enjoyed the cruise and appreciate the photos and updates!

For us, the issue with the AC is a big concern....can you elaborate?

We had AC issues on Infinity( Pacific Coastal)  and the room became unbearable quickly...the repairman came again and again..the hallway AC also conked out sev times....

If these ships are refurbed in the surface,  but a/c and sewage  are old, it could be bad news!

Edited by hcat

4 hours ago, Merly said:

I forgot to say, one lunchtime fresh coconuts were served.  They were chopping the top off for the fresh milk.  Delicious.

The outside eating area is still nice, but there is no shade.

35432956-D9B3-4678-A5B5-B9C5E8348E3A.jpeg

5D4D8E33-F1C7-483D-9188-4414CA8D9A2D.jpeg

Thank you Merly for your time and pics

Helpful to understand what the rev means for M class....

and how we adapt to stateroom changes. etc

Thanks

Smooth Sailing

fog

17 hours ago, Merly said:

I forgot to say, one lunchtime fresh coconuts were served.  They were chopping the top off for the fresh milk.  Delicious.

The outside eating area is still nice, but there is no shade.

35432956-D9B3-4678-A5B5-B9C5E8348E3A.jpeg

5D4D8E33-F1C7-483D-9188-4414CA8D9A2D.jpeg

Thank you for doing this.  I do have one questions.  These tables look rather small (unless it's the angle) to eat at if you are bringing plates out from the Ocean View especially if you have a few people at a table eating.  Were they a decent size to accommodate this?

22 hours ago, hcat said:

I  am glad OP enjoyed the cruise and appreciate the photos and updates!

For us, the issue with the AC is a big concern....can you elaborate?

We had AC issues on Infinity( Pacific Coastal)  and the room became unbearable quickly...the repairman came again and again..the hallway AC also conked out sev times....

If these ships are refurbed in the surface,  but a/c and sewage  are old, it could be bad news!

I think a lot of people had issues with the air con.  In our cabin it wasn’t working, we had the dial at the lowest setting, never moved it once.  During the day it was ok but got hot at night.  We reported it but nothing happened.

Around the ship there were definite hot spots and cold spots.

6 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Thank you for doing this.  I do have one questions.  These tables look rather small (unless it's the angle) to eat at if you are bringing plates out from the Ocean View especially if you have a few people at a table eating.  Were they a decent size to accommodate this?

The tables were fine for 2, 3 at a squeeze. The issue for us was no shade and as we were sailing around Vietnam it was very hot so no al fresco dining for us.

We sat out there one evening for drinks and listening to the singer, which was very pleasant.

Although they look nice, those dining room chairs sure look uncomfortable and pretty hard to keep clean unless they require everyone to wash their hair right before sitting :)  Fortunately, it looks like only a few will be blessed with those very high back "regeneration stations"

There must be a reason that Celebrity continues to buy very deep seats on chairs/sofas....maybe they are more stable in rough seas, but many of the old ones were uncomfortable for most and the new ones in the rendezvous bar look just as deep, if not deeper.   

Edited by ghstudio
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:46 AM, Merly said:

Your cabin definitely exists, I did a recce for you.  If you stand (on deck 3) with your back to guest services and the lifts to you right. Behind the lifts is a small seating area, there is a doorway to cabins. Turn to the right and there is a little corridor with only 3 cabins, yours is in the middle.  It will be very quiet as there will be no people milling up and down. 

5EE474C6-BD32-4F8C-ABBA-D2169B25A94F.jpeg

Thanks! I was wondering about the noise. Good news!

D&J

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Although they look nice, those dining room chairs sure look uncomfortable and pretty hard to keep clean unless they require everyone to wash their hair right before sitting :)  Fortunately, it looks like only a few will be blessed with those very high back "regeneration stations"

There must be a reason that Celebrity continues to buy very deep seats on chairs/sofas....maybe they are more stable in rough seas, but many of the old ones were uncomfortable for most and the new ones in the rendezvous bar look just as deep, if not deeper.   

Along the same lines...the seating on EDGE is awful in many areas ...In Eden most chairs are very low to the ground..no arms.  Seats outside BLU are difficult to get into and out of.. Nothing ergonomic or comfy..you have to hunt around for some of the  nicer places to sit and enjoy! They are there but have to be discovered.

Seats in BLU were too deep so they added a small back pillow. Sort of odd...

4 hours ago, ghstudio said:

I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone tried sitting in those high back chairs? Are they comfortable at all?