On Millennium. A few thoughts

Merly

On 2/11/2019 at 10:26 PM, tomservo said:

I know, the press release gave me some false hope. Also according to the new deck plans it’s still being referred to as Cellar Masters. 

Yes, it  is still Cellar Masters and nothing in there has been updated.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:45 PM, miched said:

I have never heard of Kelly Hoppen and apparently someone form Celebrity is sold on that line of products.   I googled that name and it appears as if it is  like  IKEA or Pottery Barn.  It looks as if she is big in Europe and was featured on some TV show.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes, she is a very well known, expensive interior designer in the UK.  When we went into our cabin my DH said it was like Ikea.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Merly said:

Yes, she is a very well known, expensive interior designer in the UK.  When we went into our cabin my DH said it was like Ikea.

Yes, stated that when we first saw the Edge renderings: Ikea.

Thanks for posting all the photos and taking the time out of your holiday 👍. Glad you had a good time, despite the air con issues.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

How did the cabins decor feel after several days?  Did it grow on you and feel more relaxed and comfortable, or did it feel more sterile and cold?

No, still not for me. Too bland. The curtains let too much light in and although it wasn’t an issue on this cruise, there are some ports where on deck 3, shore side, with no privacy curtains you would feel very ‘on view’. Also the size of the wardrobe still irked. 

• Like 2

On 2/12/2019 at 2:24 AM, jkgourmet said:

Merly,thank you.  One question:  can you tell us whether the OV window has stayed in the large square shape or been changed to the large round shape?  Photos would be marvelous, but I DO realize that you're on vacation and don't want to spend your time on the internet (nor should you). 

The shape of the windows hasn’t changed. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2019 at 12:33 AM, diknjoe said:

We sail on Millie in about 2 weeks and just booked over the weekend. I suppose they re-numbered the cabins. Ours (3117) does not exist on the deck plan. Maybe we are sleeping in the hallway?

Your cabin definitely exists, I did a recce for you.  If you stand (on deck 3) with your back to guest services and the lifts to you right. Behind the lifts is a small seating area, there is a doorway to cabins. Turn to the right and there is a little corridor with only 3 cabins, yours is in the middle.  It will be very quiet as there will be no people milling up and down. 

5EE474C6-BD32-4F8C-ABBA-D2169B25A94F.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Merly said:

We disembarked today in Hong Kong where we are staying for a few days. We have had a wonderful trip all in all.  Yes there were issues with the ship, and some people had more issues than others. We were quite lucky really. Our air con didn’t work properly, but that was about it. The air con on the ship all over wasn’t working properly. Uproar on day 5 when they ran out of tonic, slimline tonic and bitter lemon!  Horrors. 

They haven’t done any work on deck 10 and 11 around the pool and it looked a bit shabby, with paint spills etc, and some of the finishing in the cabins and public areas was poor.  There were a lot on maintenance men working but in all honesty I was expecting it to be worse.

I am going to try and post a couple of pictures, which I have never done before. We were on deck 3 midship, an ideal location (for us) 

CA24C233-841E-4DAE-8AEA-60875B08C5F2.jpeg

619B65E1-0492-4E25-B052-A9B7F7538230.jpeg

9180CA00-1E1E-4153-B924-77A5C83E71E6.jpeg

8B83CBE8-0C9B-434A-8B9D-7735AC1FE3BA.jpeg

D2417020-C7CE-4217-BA72-23EA8A140646.jpeg

Did you couch pull out? If so what room number were you? 

On 2/13/2019 at 9:35 PM, Paulras said:

Kelly Hoppen just published a new book "Open Shelving and the Downfall of All Cruiselines in the 21st Century". Check it out on Amazon

No need to go to Amazon.  I found this book at my local Ikea store.  It was sitting on some open shelving.  But it was too expensive for me to actually buy it.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Alushar said:

Our iPads pro fitted and a normal IPad at an angle so all locked away safely 😀

C6FC0E1E-8EEF-46F6-9483-A1FA6A2EBDA4.jpeg

Thats awesome news! If I can ask, what size iPad Pro do you have? My younger daughter has the larger 12.9" 2018 model (narrow bezels), and I’m sure she’ll want to bring it with her to do sketching and other art work when we’re on our TA next year. Hoping that will also fit. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alushar said:

Standard Qsine no sign of LPC 

Did you happen to notice how crowded it was?  Our last two cruises were sold out sailings, and The ONLY discounts offered in speciality dining was for Qsine  and first night.  I expect our April cruise will also be sold out.

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Maybe you could get a key for the refrig and store you things in the Refrig.   LOL

Funny you mention that, years ago they used to tell us to store our batteries in the refrigerator to make them last longer.

Does the Millenium have the new check in system like Edge.

20 minutes ago, Aralim said:

Thats awesome news! If I can ask, what size iPad Pro do you have? My younger daughter has the larger 12.9" 2018 model (narrow bezels), and I’m sure she’ll want to bring it with her to do sketching and other art work when we’re on our TA next year. Hoping that will also fit. 

We have 10.5s the old iPad I use to download films is bigger and fitted at a slant but think 12.9 will struggle

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

Did you happen to notice how crowded it was?  Our last two cruises were sold out sailings, and The ONLY discounts offered in speciality dining was for Qsine  and first night.  I expect our April cruise will also be sold out.

I was booking up my package nights and was in Tuscan which was empty. When I asked for Qsine he said there was only one table available 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Alushar said:

I was booking up my package nights and was in Tuscan which was empty. When I asked for Qsine he said there was only one table available 

how very odd!  Especially considering that this was an Asian cruise.  With such wonderful Asian food in the ports, I'm genuinely surprised that Asian Fusion in Qsine would be so popular.  

Thank you for the reply.

Edited by jkgourmet