On Millennium. A few thoughts

Merly

1 minute ago, Fogfog said:

@Merly Thank you for your posts.

We appreciate hearing about the changes.

Is it true that many public spaces still have the old colors/old furniture vs the cabins in the newer color scheme?

Merly Reply-- "Correct"

IMHO

THIS is a bummer. To partially redo ships with changes to staterooms and to leave the public spaces with older colors... WTH

That is not upscale/chic nor sophisticated. 

YUCK

Depends on which spaces were left untouched.

The Martini Bar on the Millennium for instance still looked great from the Solstication refurb a couple of years ago. Wouldn't have made much sense to redo that area.

And let's count our blessings they didn't replace the bar stools with the seating used in the Martini bar on the Edge! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

Depends on which spaces were left untouched.

The Martini Bar on the Millennium for instance still looked great from the Solstication refurb a couple of years ago. Wouldn't have made much sense to redo that area.

And let's count our blessings they didn't replace the bar stools with the seating used in the Martini bar on the Edge! 

I think some of the Edge furniture does not look comfortable for sure

The martini bar was fine.

But it they are using bright hues in one area and the neutrals that have been popular in more modern decor for the last 5 yrs...won't the older areas look run down? and more dated?

9 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

I think some of the Edge furniture does not look comfortable for sure

The martini bar was fine.

But it they are using bright hues in one area and the neutrals that have been popular in more modern decor for the last 5 yrs...won't the older areas look run down? and more dated?

They can always claim they were going for an eclectic design 🤣

Screenshot_20190214-171751__01.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southernbreezes said:

I have always taken my laptop for work, expensive camera and never worried about a safe. 63 Cruises and nothing ever missing. We do use the safe for our passport, cash and my wife's jewelry. 

I am much like @southernbreezes and we have an array of electronics.  2 IPhones, 1 IPad, PC, GoPro and camera.   I never put then in a safe and usually have them charging or sitting on the Cocktail table.   I've never had a problem.    I'm sure there is crime at sea but believe that the rewards of stealing would be far outweighed loosing their job.   Every time someone enters the cabin it is electronically stored.

I was especially impressed when I got my laundry back recently.   I accidentally left a $50 bill in my jeans and sent them to the laundry.   When the laundry came back it was pinned to the pants. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

@Merly Thank you for your posts.

We appreciate hearing about the changes.

Is it true that many public spaces still have the old colors/old furniture vs the cabins in the newer color scheme?

Merly Reply-- "Correct"

IMHO

THIS is a bummer. To partially redo ships with changes to staterooms and to leave the public spaces with older colors... WTH

That is not upscale/chic nor sophisticated. 

YUCK

According to Celebrity it is "Modern Luxury".

5 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

Anything expensive too large to fit in the safe, like a laptop, I usually put in my luggage, which I lock and store under the bed. 

I leave my laptop out on the desk and have never had a problem.  Also, in the days when I carried an expensive camera, that was also stored in the open.  Again, never a problem.  Now I just take pix with my iPhone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, printingchick said:

I suspect they will continue to update while cruising. We've all seen ships replacing carpet or painting during our cruises. They likely focused on things that could not be done outside of a dry dock situation. I'm no expert, this is merely my guess.

You may be right.   I was surprised that Summit's dry dock is scheduled for about 45 days as opposed to the 30 or so that Millie was in dry dock.

We were on Constellation on a B2B from Singapore to Rome just prior to her Solstization Dry Dock    The had a crew on for the full month.   They were installing all new telecom and communications wiring to every cabin and installing a new exhaust air scrubber. 

9 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I leave my laptop out on the desk and have never had a problem.  Also, in the days when I carried an expensive camera, that was also stored in the open.  Again, never a problem.  Now I just take pix with my iPhone.

There are still many who prefer to secure their cameras, tablets and laptops in the safe (I am one). Regardless, I don't understand the logic and decision making behind installing safes smaller than what they have been using and was generally considered acceptable.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bkbarrym said:

There are still many who prefer to secure their cameras, tablets and laptops in the safe (I am one). Regardless, I don't understand the logic and decision making behind installing safes smaller than what they have been using and was generally considered acceptable.

Perhaps the smaller ones cost less? Are they the same as the ones on Edge? If so, maybe they got a job lot? We also usually put our IPads in the safe :classic_sad:.

6 minutes ago, villauk said:

Perhaps the smaller ones cost less? Are they the same as the ones on Edge? If so, maybe they got a job lot? We also usually put our IPads in the safe :classic_sad:.

Wary about doing that as I wonder how the safe electronics will effect my iPad.

The number of times that my room key has had to be reset as my phone wiped the information!!😥

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villauk said:

Yes, the new safes are the same as the ones on the Edge and on RCCL ships like the Harmony of the Seas.  Just enough room for phones, money, wallets and passports.

Edited by yvrdave

I have always kept my iPad in the safe both on board and in hotels. Never had a problem with safe electronics due to it being there. We are due to board Millie on March 2nd with 3 of us in a Royal suite so hoping we can fit things into the new safe. May have to limit it to passports, money and jewellery.

6 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Wary about doing that as I wonder how the safe electronics will effect my iPad.

The number of times that my room key has had to be reset as my phone wiped the information!!😥

The good news is that with RFID room keys you dont' have to worry about it being wiped by your phone.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 9:29 AM, Tottwo said:

Anxiously waiting to hear about the interior dimensions of the safe. :classic_smile:

We bring two iPads and other things that get put in there and hope the safe can accommodate them.

Thanks

Imagine, the OP has not interrupted their vacation to measure the inside of the safe.  They probably ordered a tape measure and are waiting for guest services to deliver it.:classic_laugh:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kenevenpar said:

Imagine, the OP has not interrupted their vacation to measure the inside of the safe.  They probably ordered a tape measure and are waiting for guest services to deliver it.:classic_laugh:

They should have used Amazon.😁

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, kenevenpar said:

Merly - the OP - stated in post #87 that:  "I pads will not fit in the safe." 

We disembarked today in Hong Kong where we are staying for a few days. We have had a wonderful trip all in all.  Yes there were issues with the ship, and some people had more issues than others. We were quite lucky really. Our air con didn’t work properly, but that was about it. The air con on the ship all over wasn’t working properly. Uproar on day 5 when they ran out of tonic, slimline tonic and bitter lemon!  Horrors. 

They haven’t done any work on deck 10 and 11 around the pool and it looked a bit shabby, with paint spills etc, and some of the finishing in the cabins and public areas was poor.  There were a lot on maintenance men working but in all honesty I was expecting it to be worse.

I am going to try and post a couple of pictures, which I have never done before. We were on deck 3 midship, an ideal location (for us) 

CA24C233-841E-4DAE-8AEA-60875B08C5F2.jpeg

619B65E1-0492-4E25-B052-A9B7F7538230.jpeg

9180CA00-1E1E-4153-B924-77A5C83E71E6.jpeg

8B83CBE8-0C9B-434A-8B9D-7735AC1FE3BA.jpeg

D2417020-C7CE-4217-BA72-23EA8A140646.jpeg

• Like 6