On Millennium. A few thoughts

Merly

5 hours ago, Merly said:

Glad you didn’t have an issue.  We did and so did others who we spoke with. 

What were the issues you had with the AC and was it eventually fixed? Do you know if all the cabins impacted were on the same deck in a certain section? We need the rooms to be cool due to allergies so any information you could provide would be appreciated. If Millenium is having constant problems with the AC then we may have to look for a different cruise.

16 hours ago, SF said:

What were the issues you had with the AC and was it eventually fixed? Do you know if all the cabins impacted were on the same deck in a certain section? We need the rooms to be cool due to allergies so any information you could provide would be appreciated. If Millenium is having constant problems with the AC then we may have to look for a different cruise.

I am sure all will be sorted in the next few weeks, if not already.  There were lots of workmen running around and it is in Celebrities best  interest to fix issues. 

17 hours ago, SF said:

I am also very interested in a few more details.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:29 AM, Tottwo said:

Anxiously waiting to hear about the interior dimensions of the safe. :classic_smile:

We bring two iPads and other things that get put in there and hope the safe can accommodate them.

Thanks

I would also be interested in the dimensions of the safe, but we have 'always' left our iPads & Kindle readers on our bedside tables without hesitation.  We have always had trust in our cabin stewards.

1 hour ago, dcac2 said:

I would also be interested in the dimensions of the safe, but we have 'always' left our iPads & Kindle readers on our bedside tables without hesitation.  We have always had trust in our cabin stewards.

As mentioned our iPad pros fit and our older iPad at an angle 

On 2/25/2019 at 1:30 PM, sippican said:

I am also very interested in a few more details.

Important  to ask although we may not get answers from X

On our  Infinity cruise...the repair man had to return 3 x to replace part or parts in our stateroom A/C system ;  and he also worked  at a few locations in the corridor as well.

Wondering if they are fixing things piece by piece  or have they  (or will  they ) replace major parts of the the system???   A concern is that under the surface,  M Class ships are aging.

• Like 1

As we’ve wanders around the Millie it’s not been unusual to smell turps or see workmen. Talking to stuff it’s clear that whilst a lot, and the major work was done during the dry dock some finishing touches are needed and some of the refurbishment teams are travelling with her to do this. 

This was illustrated today when there was knock at the door and someone wanted to check the workmen hadn’t left any mess. We didn’t even know they’d be in. 

On checking retaining bars had had been added to the dressing table shelves, absorption bars to the overhead bunk, a new smoke detector and a new grille for the air con. 

35734524-31E2-45A1-9859-F565DC7FD7E1.jpeg

BD4D1B19-B66E-43EC-984C-681F1D8111CC.jpeg

8290CBEF-9354-4334-B371-DB772C079AB8.jpeg

4 hours ago, Crannicky said:

We will also be in an Oceanview and would love to see pics now since the refurbishment. We will be sailing on her end of Feb 2020. A year away! 

I am in OV 7003 on April 13th sailing. I plan to video the cabin and will try to upload it here. Or at the very least post photos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2019 at 3:11 AM, Merly said:

Here is a photo of the phone with the USB ports. The lamp, which is fixed, and the phone take up too much room.

46F70F75-79EA-4687-842F-4060DAE4D852.jpeg

A525A393-5B45-4598-9E30-86CA88D28E2B.jpeg

Note the electrical outlet on the lamp base. Having an outlet at the bed is a big deal, especially for c-pap users. The had them in the wall on EDGE. No more extension cords.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:15 AM, Crannicky said:

Oh that’s a shame. Loved their cocktails. Thank you for replying.

Molecular bar has been gone for several years. That franchise expired and was replaced by the world class bar but there wasn't one of those on EDGE. That indicates they may disappear from S Class if there isn't one on the new ships.

On 3/6/2019 at 5:34 AM, late2cruisin said:

3112-3144 on the starboard side and presumably (hopefully) 3115-3127 on the port side.

I've been told by several members that 3112-3144 do have the larger circular windows on the Millenium.  I have not been told that the same is true of 3115-3127.  One member told me those on the port side have standard round windows.

We were VERY lucky to switch our GTY OV to 3112 for our Japan cruise in April.  Looking forward to it.

14 hours ago, hvsteve1 said:

Molecular bar has been gone for several years. That franchise expired and was replaced by the world class bar but there wasn't one of those on EDGE. That indicates they may disappear from S Class if there isn't one on the new ships.

7 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

I've been told by several members that 3112-3144 do have the larger circular windows on the Millenium.  I have not been told that the same is true of 3115-3127.  One member told me those on the port side have standard round windows.

We were VERY lucky to switch our GTY OV to 3112 for our Japan cruise in April.  Looking forward to it.

Since I can't find anyone on Cruise Critic who has been in one of the new port side cabins, I'm not sure how anyone can know if the windows are huge or standard. I just read a post about Summit, which apparently installed those same cabins in an earlier dry dock, that said they enjoyed the huge windows and quiet location. BTW, I'm happy for you that you were able to switch to 3112. Unfortunately, I do not have that option.

19 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

Since I can't find anyone on Cruise Critic who has been in one of the new port side cabins, I'm not sure how anyone can know if the windows are huge or standard. I just read a post about Summit, which apparently installed those same cabins in an earlier dry dock, that said they enjoyed the huge windows and quiet location. BTW, I'm happy for you that you were able to switch to 3112. Unfortunately, I do not have that option.

A popular site that shows cruise deck plans state -  Starboard rooms 3112 - 3142 have the large windows while the cabins on Port side do not.  Picture below is prior to revolution

837389578_OceanView.thumb.png.a976b889c9bbe425f190287b593399fe.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

They have whatever kind of windows they had prior to the revolution.  The windows did not change.  Only the interior of the ships is changing.  3112-3144 have always had the large circular windows since they were added in the former conference room area.  One would assume that the cabins on the port side would have the same size windows since they're in the same area on the opposite side of the ship.

40 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

Correction- it was the Constellation, not the Summit, that already has those cabins (3115-3127) And reportedly, the huge windows.

8 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

I will be in 3112 in June on  revolutionized Summit - could you please post photos?