On Millennium. A few thoughts

Merly

15 hours ago, vtcruising said:

On the Edge the phones had USB ports and could be moved to the other bedside stand so you could charge your phones on both sides. That’s what we did - not much room left on the smaller table but it worked.  Hope it is the same on M Class. Enjoy your cruise!

USB ports are fixed. 

14 hours ago, Newbie2006 said:

Thanks so much for posting this . . . any way we can get rough dimensions of the interior safe?

We don't want to bring expensive items that won't fit onto a post-revolution cruise!

Have an awesome cruise!!! I wish you good weather and calm seas!

I will try and get an idea for you.

13 hours ago, tomservo said:

Thanks for the thread! 2 quick questions:

Any sign of a Gastropub? It was mentioned in a press release about the Revolution but I’m dubious. 

Qsine - any idea if the menu has been completely replaced by Le Petit Chef or if they have the Qsine menu as well?

No gastric pub. I don’t know about Qsine, sorry 

7 minutes ago, Merly said:

Ocean view. 

Merly,thank you.  One question:  can you tell us whether the OV window has stayed in the large square shape or been changed to the large round shape?  Photos would be marvelous, but I DO realize that you're on vacation and don't want to spend your time on the internet (nor should you). 

16 minutes ago, Merly said:

I will post some pictures but I only have my 90 complimentary minutes at the moment. When I have more time at home I will post them. 

Thanks Merly.    Enjoy your vacation and we look forward to seeing more pictures. 

5 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

IMO, the Edge showers were at an odd angle for women...not only with shaving, but also if you were not planning on washing your hair. 

Oh no, you must be mistaken!  Didn't you know that Edge and the Revolution, were designed by women, for women???

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2018/11/30/billion-dollar-cruise-ship-celebrity-edge-launch-women/amp/#ampf=undefined

www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2018/11/30/billion-dollar-cruise-ship-celebrity-edge-launch-women/amp/#ampf=undefined

www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2018/11/30/billion-dollar-cruise-ship-celebrity-edge-launch-women/amp/#ampf=undefined

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Merly said:

USB ports are fixed. 

I was talking about USB ports on the cabin's phone. This picture doesn't show them, but on the Edge there were 1-2 USB ports built into the cabin's phone on the side. Since the phone was on the bigger nightstand that also had the built in plugs and ports on that side, I moved the phone over to the other side of the bed (the cord was long enough) and then we also had a USB port on my side of the bed.

I'm not sure if the M Class has phones with a USB port or two, but if so, it does give you an option to have USB ports on both sides of the bed. It helped us keep the peace. 🙂

image.thumb.png.3df760017f103d4903b122857c07a53b.png

4 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

Merly,thank you.  One question:  can you tell us whether the OV window has stayed in the large square shape or been changed to the large round shape?  Photos would be marvelous, but I DO realize that you're on vacation and don't want to spend your time on the internet (nor should you). 

All windows and balcony's remain the same.   To change the windows would require structural changes.

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I was talking about USB ports on the cabin's phone. This picture doesn't show them, but on the Edge there were 1-2 USB ports built into the cabin's phone on the side. Since the phone was on the bigger nightstand that also had the built in plugs and ports on that side, I moved the phone over to the other side of the bed (the cord was long enough) and then we also had a USB port on my side of the bed.

I'm not sure if the M Class has phones with a USB port or two, but if so, it does give you an option to have USB ports on both sides of the bed. It helped us keep the peace. 🙂

image.thumb.png.3df760017f103d4903b122857c07a53b.png

On the other ships I usually put the phone on the sofa or floor.   It isn’t anything that needs to be on the table taking up space.   I can see if there is a message and usually it isn’t anything of importantance

I also put the phone on the floor in a hotel if I need the space.  It is something that I rarely or need to use.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

11 hours ago, Italy52 said:

How is the food in the buffet?  Nice variety?  Last year I had a heck of a time just finding a vegetable to go with my food.

So far the food has been great. The Ocean View lay out is much better with separate food stations. There is now a bakery with a good selection of bread, A fromage station with lots of cheeses and  an Indian, English etc station. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Merly said:

So far the food has been great. The Ocean View lay out is much better with separate food stations. There is now a bakery with a good selection of bread, A fromage station with lots of cheeses and  an Indian, English etc station. 

Thanks for the post, I appreciate it.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I will try and answer all your questions when I can but I am rushing as I only have my 90 comp minutes.

a couple more views. The robes in the cabins are huge. I know some guests found they didn’t fit before, these would go around a sumo wrestler.  The tote bag is grey not blue. 

Although I am not in a suite I popped up to The Retreat. Up on deck 12.  Looks very nice with clam shell loungers and a hot tub.  No Michaels Club but now Retreat lounge off the photo gallery.

We are dining in Tuscan Grill tonight. 

Staff are great as usual.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miched said:

On the other ships I usually put the phone on the sofa or floor.   It isn’t anything that needs to be on the table taking up space.   I can see if there is a message and usually it isn’t anything of importantance

I also put the phone on the floor in a hotel if I need the space.  It is something that I rarely or need to use.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

In our cabin it won’t go on the floor. 

Thank you so much for taking time to post about your experience so far.  Enjoy your cruise and look forward to seeing more post cruise.  I am sailing on her in an Oceanview as well forward facing so, thank you regarding information on the oceanview cabin/stateroom.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:19 PM, Merly said:

I will try and get an idea for you.

Anxiously waiting to hear about the interior dimensions of the safe. :classic_smile:

We bring two iPads and other things that get put in there and hope the safe can accommodate them.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 3:43 PM, hcat said:

Women who  apparently don't cruise much !

You got it!  This Hoppen woman has no clue about cruising, especially in rough weather when the shelves in the bathroom are open with no way to stop things from crashing down in a swell!!!!  Those little doohickies that supposedly keep the shelves safe for articles are funny.  I agree about the shower products.  Bring you own.  

Whoever hired these folks to do the interiors of these ships went way off the deep end.  Time to get back to the Celebrity brand basics.  Sorry, MY OPINION.

Best part was the size of the cabin (forget those so-called infinite "balconeys") and size of the bathrooms.  We loved the shower and lower step into it.  Also liked the colors but that is a matter of choice.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PatC said:

You got it!  This Hoppen woman has no clue about cruising, especially in rough weather when the shelves in the bathroom are open with no way to stop things from crashing down in a swell!!!!  Those little doohickies that supposedly keep the shelves safe for articles are funny. 

While I agree closed cabinets are the best for bathroom storage you do realize that Celebrity is NOT the only Cruiseline that has open bathroom shelving in their rooms? I would venture to say the MAJORITY of cruiseship bathrooms have open shelves vs cabinets for storage. 

• Like 2