Laundry Services Question

WI-Cruiser

Looking for feedback regarding the quality of laundry services provided by the ship, especially Symphony OTS.  We don’t usually use the laundry services, but don’t see how we can avoid it on our upcoming BTB unless we haul an extra suitcase or two.  What have your experiences been, good or bad?

I took advantage of the wash and fold special on a BTB on the Harmony last year.  This is how the pants came back.  Apparently you are supposed to choose a different service for pants (wash and press I think).  That wasn't made completely clear.  Wash and fold was fine for tee shirts, socks, underwear.....but things like Hawaiian shirts that never wrinkle when taken out of the dryer did.  

wash and wrinkle.jpeg

22 minutes ago, DougMacP said:

I took advantage of the wash and fold special on a BTB on the Harmony last year.  This is how the pants came back.  Apparently you are supposed to choose a different service for pants (wash and press I think).  That wasn't made completely clear.  Wash and fold was fine for tee shirts, socks, underwear.....but things like Hawaiian shirts that never wrinkle when taken out of the dryer did.  

wash and wrinkle.jpeg

The directions for the wash’n’fold bag are quite specific about this. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DougMacP said:

wash and wrinkle.jpeg

15 minutes ago, DougMacP said:

wash and wrinkle.jpeg

Our clothes were folded, but not the underwear and socks.  We have enough underwear and socks for 14 nights.  I pack interchangeable tops and pants.  If needed, we use their laundry services once.

Guest maddycat

I sent a new pair of black jeans to be washed and ironed.  They came back faded and no longer looked new.  I will only use the laundry if I need something pressed.

We use the wash and fold most every  cruise  and rarely have any problems.    We would never send  clothing that needs any type of special attention, cold water,  low heat dry, remove promptly etc.  The clothes have come back (fairly)  neatly folded. We have used the dry cleaning services and standard laundry services  with good results.  Rarely use the pressing service as I find an occasional  spray with wrinkle release, or hanging  the clothing  in a steamy bathroom usually does the trick.

Doug, you are lucky you were not charged extra for the slacks.  There is ( or was?) a notation on the wash and fold  form that anything added that should not   be included, will be laundered and regular prices.

OP, lots of passengers use the various laundry services.   You can look at the  options and your clothing to determine the best suited laundry method.

enjoy

M

Tried the wash and fold bag on the FOS, its pretty harsh and will avoid using laundry services on RCCL. Sent a wrinkle free golf shirt through without reading the disclaimer and it came back trashed like those pants. It's a shame, don't recommend.

22 hours ago, frank808 said:

The all you can fit wash and fold bag is for non delicate items.  It is washed in very hot water so I would not put anything that bleeds.  Tshirts, underwear, socks, shorts and Jean's will be fine.  

Wash and Fold is not for Jeans/Pants and says so. Only Sox, Underwear, PJ's, Swimsuits and Gym Clothes and type T-shirts(no button) and shorts. No nice clothes, which is good as u said everything is washed HOT and fading can happen... If you include anything not covered like long pants/Jeans you can and should be charged the higher price for that item..

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 2/13/2019 at 10:15 AM, WI-Cruiser said:

Looking for feedback regarding the quality of laundry services provided by the ship, especially Symphony OTS.  We don’t usually use the laundry services, but don’t see how we can avoid it on our upcoming BTB unless we haul an extra suitcase or two.  What have your experiences been, good or bad?

We used the dry cleaning service on Symphony last year as well as the laundry bag. The above pictures are extremely accurate.  The dry cleaning was excellent, room steward took some items around noon and they were back in the cabin after late dinner the next night. Prices were pretty much the same as our cleaner at home.  We were on the 14 night TA with several pre cruise days in Barcelona and did not want to over pack. worked out great.