Escape room

How much is escape room on the Independance?  Can i book it before we get on the ship?  Do you know how many go in at a time?  There are 10 of us cruising.  Not sure if they all want to do this but i was just trying to get all the information 

I was able to prebook the Escape Room for our party of 7 on our upcoming Navigator cruise, except for some reason it wouldn't let me add my son (who's 11 years old right now, 12 in May).  I assume I can add him once on the ship?  Worst case, could he tag along with us?

Is this restricted to 12 and up?  He's done Escape rooms locally with no problems.

Dan

9 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I was able to prebook the Escape Room for our party of 7 on our upcoming Navigator cruise, except for some reason it wouldn't let me add my son (who's 11 years old right now, 12 in May).  I assume I can add him once on the ship?  Worst case, could he tag along with us?

Is this restricted to 12 and up?  He's done Escape rooms locally with no problems.

Dan

I've read that the age limit is 14.

1 minute ago, Sitzmark said:

I've read that the age limit is 14.

Thanks.  Yeah, I saw that when I looked into it after booking.  What's interesting is that the cruise planner wouldn't let him do it because he was under 12.  It specifically said 12.  Some inconsistency there.  Of us all, he's probably the one that would be most excited about it too.  Hopefully they let him hang with us at least.  There will be no adult left to be with him and I'd hate to drop him at Adventure Ocean while we all go have fun at the Observatory.  I'm biased by saying this, :) but he's a talented little kid in the math and puzzle department.  Hoping we can work something out.

Dan

20 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Dan

I was bummed about the age limit too. My kids are 9 and 11 and would also have no problem especially since we would be with them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thanks.  Yeah, I saw that when I looked into it after booking.  What's interesting is that the cruise planner wouldn't let him do it because he was under 12.  It specifically said 12.  Some inconsistency there.  Of us all, he's probably the one that would be most excited about it too.  Hopefully they let him hang with us at least.  There will be no adult left to be with him and I'd hate to drop him at Adventure Ocean while we all go have fun at the Observatory.  I'm biased by saying this, :) but he's a talented little kid in the math and puzzle department.  Hoping we can work something out.

Dan

Hopefully they let him hang out too! 

• Like 1

I have no idea how complex the puzzles are to work out.  We've done a land version of this and we barely completed it with a room of adults.  Our son and a group of friends tried and did not make it out.  Our group made it out with 4 seconds to spare.   In our group there were different people working together to work out the clues, we wouldn't have been able to do it alone, and a bunch of kids probably wouldn't have been a lot of help.  If the puzzles are difficult, that is likely the reason for the age limit.

For those really interested keep checking onboard even if it shows sold out. We did the Escape Room this week on Symphony and a family of 4 joined our group and said they had just booked it 45 minutes prior to the start time.

It is difficult to predict what time you will feel like doing things once onboard.  I picked a 4:00 time slot on the first sea day thinking our friends wouldn’t want to miss their sun time at the pool.  We had 3 couples booked.  One couple couldn’t go because of a quarantine and they were able to cancel that day. They received OBC for their refund. This must have opened up spots for that last minute family.  And one couple just decided to stay at the pool and were a no show.

We only had 8 people in our group which seemed like a good number.  We had enough people to complete all the tasks and it wasn’t crowded, so we finished in plenty of time. It was fun. They didn’t invest as much in props as a lot of land based escape rooms which was surprising considering the level of detail on the rest of the ship. Still I recommend it and will do it again on other ships. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sitzmark said:

I have no idea how complex the puzzles are to work out.  We've done a land version of this and we barely completed it with a room of adults.  Our son and a group of friends tried and did not make it out.  Our group made it out with 4 seconds to spare.   In our group there were different people working together to work out the clues, we wouldn't have been able to do it alone, and a bunch of kids probably wouldn't have been a lot of help.  If the puzzles are difficult, that is likely the reason for the age limit.

Some can be fairly complex. Fun though. We had a smart group.

15 minutes ago, dwayneb236 said:

Some can be fairly complex. Fun though. We had a smart group.

hopefully we'll have a chance to find out.  It still doesn't show up in our planner.  Maybe we'll just let the concierge take care of it.

15 minutes ago, James Baird said:

We are on Harmony June 2nd.  My son turns 12 on June 5th.  I wonder if he will be able to go and I wonder if i will be able to sign him up on the cruise planner beforehand?

Looks like no, the age limit is 14.