Watch your medication!!!!!!

peggy1

17 hours ago, deedle7544 said:

Actually you would have gotten Marriott Customer Care. 

Yes, when you call and want to speak to the CEO, they have a special staff to handle people who are that POd.

And those people tend to have the power to do things and make things happen.

There is such little time in port. I really don’t want to spend the day shopping for drugs when I can be on a beach. I’ll just continue to keep mine locked up out of sight. Nothing that I take would interest anyone especially since it seems to be so easy to walk into a pharmacy and order from the dollar menu.

23 hours ago, LadeeBug100 said:

I am not accusing anyone of taking the drugs but am I the only one that wonders about the granddaughter stating her belongings were misplaced? 

To me that is a red flag , automatically placing blame on someone else.

If pills were missing I'd think it would have been noticed while  on the ship and should definitely  been reported at the time.

My initial reaction was to see not a red flag, but a red herring.  If the granddaughter mentioned her clothing being disturbed before her grandfather noticed that his had been disturbed and medication removed from the midst of it, it put her on the side of the victim, to guarantee no suspicion would be directed at her.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, SRF said:

I meant when you get to port. DUH.

You would be surprised.  People in other countries do use drugs.  And many of the same ones that we use in the US.  And the great thing is, a MUCH lower price. 😄

And not all countries require a prescription.  And even those that may require one for some things, may not for common non-abused drugs (like blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, etc).  My experience is that more countries don't require a prescription than do.  Also, in many countries, doctors do not prescribe treatment, they diagnose and pharmacists (who have 4 years of post graduate training in DRUGS) determine treatment.

And if you need a prescription, the doc on the ship can give you one.  Or, many pharmacies can recommend a local doctor to get the prescription.

I have had to refill my prescriptions in other countries.  In most, I have walked in, told them what I needed (you may need the chemical name versus the brand name), and they supplied it.  A couple of times, it took some back and forth to get the local name for a given drug.  

It could be several days before the ship reaches a port.  For some medications, that may be too late.

Housekeeping leaves your cabin door open while they service your cabin. Anyone can quickly grab something left out in the open. In this case it seems someone took some time to go through your clothing. I once had a curling iron that I left on the desk go missing. I'm sure someone who forget to bring theirs snagged it. 

5 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

This is stupid.  If you replace the word "medication" with "cash" or "jewelry", then this is just another thread of someone making a completely baseless accusation against a crew member.

Even more absurd, everyone on the internet is suddenly an expert on drugs of abuse, addiction, and HR drug testing policies.  All I can say is that if you are looking for a lot of WRONG information, this thread is your go-to place!

LMAO! You accused the OP's husband!

23 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

That is most certainly true. But there are far too many know-it-alls here who will chime in and deny that.

43 minutes ago, Big_G said:

LMAO! You accused the OP's husband!

I am LMAO that he calls other people know-it-alls.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

I'm not sure what about that your "LMAO"ing about.  Of course I did!  As I said, when pain pills go missing, more often than not, the person who has them has been taking them.  What are you getting at?  

Actually you said:

On 3/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, leisuretraveler223 said:

Husband is on heavy duty pain meds.  He's taking more than he should.  Wife finds out, he blames the stateroom attendant.  Got it!

On 3/1/2019 at 3:18 PM, leisuretraveler223 said:

That is most certainly true. But there are far too many know-it-alls here who will chime in and deny that.

1 hour ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

I'm not sure what about that your "LMAO"ing about.  Of course I did!  As I said, when pain pills go missing, more often than not, the person who has them has been taking them.  What are you getting at?  

Self awareness is not your strength.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2019 at 2:17 PM, time4u2go said:

Go to what pharmacy?  You're on a ship, with possibly days before you reach land. And I would imagine the "pharmacy" on a cruise ship has a fairly limited selection.

Even if you are already at a port, you will most likely be in a foreign country.  It seems very risky to expect that a pharmacy there would have what you need, and would be willing to sell it to you without a prescription.

Having been through Harvey, you would be surprised what they have in the pharmacy on a cruise ship.  They had almost everyone’s medication.  They were able except for a few people, provide an extra weeks worth of medication.  They are incredible.  The people who could not get the meds they needed were in bad shape, but they have an impressive pharmacy.  Or, at least they did on Liberty.

Kinda surprised we have not heard from the OP, especially since there have been a lot of talk about how a family member could be the guilty party.  Could be a case of believing denial is de river in Egypt.

25 minutes ago, sft429 said:

OP posted yesterday.  Post was removed within a few minutes.  OP wasn't happy.

Thought I saw something, then it was gone.  Remember seeing the word moron used often.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I think the difference is no one swore at her family.

Didn’t see it but I might have a few choice words if someone accused my spouse or granddaughter of drug abuse too but maybe that’s just me.

21 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

There is such little time in port. I really don’t want to spend the day shopping for drugs when I can be on a beach. I’ll just continue to keep mine locked up out of sight. Nothing that I take would interest anyone especially since it seems to be so easy to walk into a pharmacy and order from the dollar menu.

I needed some cold meds once (forgot to check our standard stock before leaving) and on the way back to the ship found a pharmacy right near the port in the area with all of the souvenir shops. Stopped in and had what I needed in 5 minutes. Noticed that they had a lot of prescription meds for sale OTC, including anitbiotics. As for prices as I understand it (and I'm far from an expert) one of the reasons that our med prices are so high is the high quality assurance standards that the law demands. The drugs that fail the standard are shipped to countries without the high standards (and our litigious society might also affect the price).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I needed some cold meds once (forgot to check our standard stock before leaving) and on the way back to the ship found a pharmacy right near the port in the area with all of the souvenir shops. Stopped in and had what I needed in 5 minutes. Noticed that they had a lot of prescription meds for sale OTC, including anitbiotics. As for prices as I understand it (and I'm far from an expert) one of the reasons that our med prices are so high is the high quality assurance standards that the law demands. The drugs that fail the standard are shipped to countries without the high standards (and our litigious society might also affect the price).

I have an excellent prescription plan. I pay under a dollar for Antibiotics and prescription strength Ibuprofen.  The over the counter stuff is more expensive for me. If I'm that sick I would go to the ships doctor for an antibiotic. I'm not about to self medicate by guessing which antibiotic to buy. 

36 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have an excellent prescription plan. I pay under a dollar for Antibiotics and prescription strength Ibuprofen.  The over the counter stuff is more expensive for me. If I'm that sick I would go to the ships doctor for an antibiotic. I'm not about to self medicate by guessing which antibiotic to buy. 

I wasn't suggesting that, it was simply an observation. What I was buying would be sold OTC in the States also. My main point was that one doesn't need to spend a lot of time looking for a pharmacy.

Edited by sparks1093
  • Like 1