Which Itinerary Would You Choose - Oasis Class

My friend and I are looking at taking a cruise this September (we know it's a bit of a risk, we're prepared for all the possibilities that come with that). We are considering Oasis class. I have only been on one other cruise, Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan to the ABCs. She hasn't been on one ever. We are looking for a vacation that is equal parts relaxing and exciting. Given the below itineraries, which would you choose? Hoping to get expert advice from those of you who have visited these places and been on these ships!

Allure

Sunday, September 15  Fort Lauderdale, FL   4:30pm 

Monday, September 16  At Sea    

Tuesday, September 17  At Sea    

Wednesday, September 18  St. Kitts 8:00am  5:00pm 

Thursday, September 19  St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 7:00am  4:00pm 

Friday, September 20  At Sea    

Saturday, September 21  Nassau, Bahamas 10:00am  7:00pm 

Sunday, September 22  Fort Lauderdale, FL

Harmony

Sunday, September 15  Port Canaveral, FL   4:30pm 

Monday, September 16  CocoCay, Bahamas 8:00am  4:00pm 

Wednesday, September 18  St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands Noon  8:00pm 

Thursday, September 19  St. Maarten 7:00am  4:00pm 

Saturday, September 21  At Sea    

Sunday, September 22  Port Canaveral, FL 6:00am 

Symphony

Saturday, September 14  Miami, FL   4:30pm 

Sunday, September 15  At Sea    

Monday, September 16  Roatan, Honduras 9:30am  6:00pm 

Tuesday, September 17  Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00am  5:00pm 

Wednesday, September 18  Cozumel, Mexico 7:00am  6:00pm 

Thursday, September 19  At Sea    

Friday, September 20  CocoCay, Bahamas 8:00am  5:00pm 

Saturday, September 21  Miami, FL 6:00am 

Just now, ResearchObsessed said:

HAHA! Well, one for each. Guess I can't go wrong!

Harmony and Symphony are notably newer and upgraded compared to Allure.  Symphony even more so than Harmony.  Something to consider. 

What kind of excitement are you looking for? That may help narrow down which ports. And if you prefer more ports, then the western is obvious. I like Cozumel as they have some really neat adventurous tours like secret river. Try elaborating a bit to narrow it down. 

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

Harmony and Symphony are notably newer and upgraded compared to Allure.  Symphony even more so than Harmony.  Something to consider. 

What kind of excitement are you looking for? That may help narrow down which ports. And if you prefer more ports, then the western is obvious. I like Cozumel as they have some really neat adventurous tours like secret river. Try elaborating a bit to narrow it down. 

Sure! We are both relatively price conscious so we definitely aren't expecting to spend $200 for an excursion on each island, but one and maybe two for sure. I know we would totally enjoy brining our own snorkeling gear and doing that on our own, if there are any islands that is good for. If we were to spend a bit of money on one island it would definitely be for something adventurous and exciting - ATVing, swimming with the rays, jungle adventure etc. 

As for sea days, no more than two to three is totally fine, so any of these options tick that box. Seems like these ships have more than enough to do over 3 sea days. 

Symphony won't be the most price conscious. Something to consider.  But the ports it visits are very good for doing cheaper private excursions. $59 for all inclusive beach day with snorkeling, beach toys, drinks, food, etc. Plus cozumel will have the more adventurous tours that may be appeal to you for that stop.  Amazing Secret River is worth every penny and very memorable. Sent many family members on it and they still talk about it. That's your jungle adventure! 

I imagine allure is the least expensive sailing? Ultimately you can't go wrong with any of them.

Edited by BNBR

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

Symphony won't be the most price conscious. Something to consider.  But the ports it visits are very good for doing cheaper private excursions. $59 for all inclusive beach day with snorkeling, beach toys, drinks, food, etc. Plus cozumel will have the more adventurous tours that may be appeal to you for that stop.  Amazing Secret River is worth every penny and very memorable. Sent many family members on it and they still talk about it. That's your jungle adventure! 

I imagine allure is the least expensive sailing? Ultimately you can't go wrong with any of them.

Thanks, that's all really useful information! When I say price conscious, it's more that after we purchase the cruise and drink package, we aren't down for spending another $1000 on excursions. So we definitely want a few stops to provide more affordable yet beautiful beach days with the possibility of snorkeling on our own. 

Just now, ResearchObsessed said:

Thanks, that's all really useful information! When I say price conscious, it's more that after we purchase the cruise and drink package, we aren't down for spending another $1000 on excursions. So we definitely want a few stops to provide more affordable yet beautiful beach days with the possibility of snorkeling on our own. 

Western fits the bill for sure. Plus you have CocoCay in it which is free, can snorkel, and food/drinks included with your package. 

My personal suggestions would be Little French Key In Roatan, Maya Chan in Costa Maya although you can also spend $20 on the malecon and get chairs, food, and drinks, Secret River in cozumel, and free day in CocoCay. 

I'm sure others can chime in with some other great ideas for the Eastern itineraries to compare. 

I choose Harmony.  The day before disembarking is a sea day, not a port day.  Gives you all day to do your packing, not rushed after returning from an island/port and having to hurry up, shower/change/pack/hand out additional tips/get your photo package, say good-byes, etc. and then ,have your luggage outside your cabin by 10pm.  (Plus, I like the ship!)!

- Clancy

We just got off Allure, doing the itinerary that you show for Symphony.    We sailed Harmony last year.    Haven't been on Symphony yet but will be in July.   Based on what you showed, I would pick....

Harmony.

• We liked Allure, but liked Harmony better.  
  • We liked the Western Caribbean ports but liked Eastern Caribbean better. 
  • We are not bug fans of Nassau, so CoCo Cay would be a better choice for us there.
  • We do prefer St. Kitts over St. Thomas, but not by a lot.

All that said, I would think Harmony is the best combination of fun things to do and relaxation.   Can't go wrong, no matter what you choose.

3 hours ago, ResearchObsessed said:

My friend and I are looking at taking a cruise this September (we know it's a bit of a risk, we're prepared for all the possibilities that come with that). We are considering Oasis class. I have only been on one other cruise, Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan to the ABCs. She hasn't been on one ever. We are looking for a vacation that is equal parts relaxing and exciting. Given the below itineraries, which would you choose? Hoping to get expert advice from those of you who have visited these places and been on these ships!

Allure

Sunday, September 15  Fort Lauderdale, FL   4:30pm 

Monday, September 16  At Sea    

Wednesday, September 18  St. Kitts 8:00am  5:00pm 

Thursday, September 19  St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 7:00am  4:00pm 

Saturday, September 21  Nassau, Bahamas 10:00am  7:00pm 

Sunday, September 22  Fort Lauderdale, FL

Harmony

Sunday, September 15  Port Canaveral, FL   4:30pm 

Monday, September 16  CocoCay, Bahamas 8:00am  4:00pm 

Wednesday, September 18  St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands Noon  8:00pm 

Thursday, September 19  St. Maarten 7:00am  4:00pm 

Saturday, September 21  At Sea    

Sunday, September 22  Port Canaveral, FL 6:00am 

Symphony

Saturday, September 14  Miami, FL   4:30pm 

Sunday, September 15  At Sea    

Monday, September 16  Roatan, Honduras 9:30am  6:00pm 

Tuesday, September 17  Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00am  5:00pm 

Wednesday, September 18  Cozumel, Mexico 7:00am  6:00pm 

Thursday, September 19  At Sea    

Friday, September 20  CocoCay, Bahamas 8:00am  5:00pm 

Saturday, September 21  Miami, FL 6:00am 

I have been to most of the ports multiple times as have many other cruisers.  I will always choose Eastern over Western Caribbean cruises.  Which ever you decide on you will have a great time.

I'm just curious why St Kitts is special to some of you? We are going in November.  I will say St Martin was quite special and had alot to offer, but that was before the hurricane.  I'm not sure what kind of shape it's in. When all else fails,  I go with cheapest,  and what I haven't done before.  Have a great time! 

32 minutes ago, nalatrixie74 said:

I'm just curious why St Kitts is special to some of you? We are going in November.  I will say St Martin was quite special and had alot to offer, but that was before the hurricane.  I'm not sure what kind of shape it's in. When all else fails,  I go with cheapest,  and what I haven't done before.  Have a great time! 

I REALLY want to go to St. Maarten. I was on the Adventure sailing that was the first ship there after the hurricane to offer aid. We picked up about 300 people (and quite a few cats and dogs) while dropping food and supplies. Of course we didn't get off the boat, and all we saw was destruction. I was so excited to visit that island (of course I wasn't angry, just saddened by the devastation) and would love to now. 

• Haha 1