Crown & Anchor Welcome Gifts

33 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I for one disagree with you.  Possibly you would feel differently if you were diamond or higher.  We appreciate whatever the C&A LA sends to our cabin or anything else associated with the C&A upper tier level program. 

Ditto to that...love the perks!!  🙂 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Love my 3 free bottles of wine delivered to my stateroom also.  Drink up DS friend!!  😄 🍷🤗

Which is 100000% better than a small plate of treats.. 

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

.. and you every right to - To each is own!  But with pretty much every topic on CC, if you have a difference of opinion or don't agree with someone, the "My Dad can beat up your Dad" back and forth conversation begins.  If you think you're getting great bang for your buck with the perks of Diamond and above, great!  That's your opinion..  I, for one, would like more bang for my buck.

I usually visit the LA on the first day to change up my wines depending on what I am in the mood for.  I always find it odd that they send up snacks with gluten in them on each of my cruises even though my profile is set up that I have celiac's disease and can't have gluten. 

3 hours ago, ScottVV said:

Is it me...  Or is that small plate of treats sorta pathetic?  I assume you have to eventually spend 10's of thousands of dollars to get to the Diamond level and all you get is a few measly chocolates in your room?  How about a nice bottle of Dom or something like that to show their appreciation.  I hope as a Diamond and above member, you get better perks than that, which I assume you do, but wow..  I'd be unhappy with this 😞

You (and all the other people sniping about not getting enough FREE stuff) seem to be forgetting that you also got

SEVERAL GREAT CRUISES - what you paid all those dollars for in the first place.

Why don't you appreciate that you GOT what you PAID FOR?

My life experience has shown me that "Sometimes you Don't"

Edited by DHADEN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DHADEN said:

You (and all the other people sniping about not getting enough FREE stuff) seem to be forgetting that you also got

SEVERAL GREAT CRUISES - what you paid all those dollars for in the first place.

Why don't you appreciate that you GOT what you PAID FOR?

My life experience has shown me that "Sometimes you Don't"

Oh Brother.. Enough already...  Again, GOD FOR BID you have a difference of opinion about anything on CC.....

34 minutes ago, ScottVV said:

Oh Brother.. Enough already...  Again, GOD FOR BID you have a difference of opinion about anything on CC.....

Why do you feel the need to counter every time someone else expresses there opinion on this thread? We got it, you think there should be more. Move on. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, ScottVV said:

Sounds like I touched a nerve - sometimes the truth hurts.

• Like 2

Just now, DHADEN said:

Sounds like I touched a nerve - sometimes the truth hurts.

No, you didn't touch anything..  Not sure what "Truth" you're referring to as you pretty much stated the obvious..  Happy Cruisin'

4 hours ago, ScottVV said:

Which is 100000% better than a small plate of treats.. 

.. and you every right to - To each is own!  But with pretty much every topic on CC, if you have a difference of opinion or don't agree with someone, the "My Dad can beat up your Dad" back and forth conversation begins.  If you think you're getting great bang for your buck with the perks of Diamond and above, great!  That's your opinion..  I, for one, would like more bang for my buck.

And there in lies the beautiful option of choice.  🙂  You have a choice to vacation as you please, and cruise with whomever you prefer.   I for one love how my sea pass bill has become pretty much non-existent.  May not work for you...but sure does for me.  $$$  😄 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, island lady said:

But those of us that appreciate and enjoy any of the perks/benefits of the C&A locality program don't need to justify why we do. It's not about how much you spend, or what you receive. The C&A program just adds another element to the whole cruise experience and enjoyment. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

But those of us that appreciate and enjoy any of the perks/benefits of the C&A locality program don't need to justify why we do. It's not about how much you spend, or what you receive. The C&A program just adds another element to the whole cruise experience and enjoyment. 

Absolutely, fellow DS!!  It just adds that extra scoop of ice cream on our sweet world!!  😄 🍨

• Like 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Love my 3 free bottles of wine delivered to my stateroom also.  Drink up DS friend!!  😄 🍷🤗

We changed our DS drinks to a bottle of champagne,bottle of beer,bottle of grapefruit juice and 8 bottles of water.

Edited by grapau27

5 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

We did not get anything like that for the past 4 cruises. Just a plate of day old cookies. 

It is not either/or.   The cookies are a welcome gift that many receive and  are generally waiting in the cabin when you arrive.  They are paired with some water, and other  single beverage  such as soda juice or beer depending on your  crown and anchor level and choice.  The plate of petit fours, chocolate strawberries, whatever is considered the “chefs choice amenity”  listed in the crown and anchor benefit section and is delivered sometime during the cruise.   

M

19 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

What is DS?  Or is it one of those “if I don’t know, I don’t need to know!”   I must really be out of the loop  

Thanks 

m

Diamond Superior.

It was from a light-hearted thread that several of us D+ posted humerous comments on.

Graham.

22 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

What is DS?  Or is it one of those “if I don’t know, I don’t need to know!”   I must really be out of the loop  

Thanks 

m

Diamond Superior in this context.

12 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Maybe it’s just me but I get the plate of treats and a bottle of champagne.  

Me too! The last two times (Symphony & Harmony) it was left in ice, condensation formed on the bucket (Symphony) and there was a hole in the plastic bag, (Harmony) and both time water ran down the dresser, into the drawers and onto the floor. UGH.. spent 20 minutes drying it up on Harmony it was so bad. 

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I like the Fruity Pebbles treats. Hate the warm cheese plates. 

Make friends with the Loyalty Ambassador.

You'll be amazed at the extra gifts available to them. 😇

20190222_120217.jpg

That's what I get... minus what I assume is a box of chocolates.

That is what I get too, minus the chocolates and the Moet. 😱

On occasion we’ve been gifted an extra bottle of wine/champagne, but generally not as nice as Moet . Once in a while we might reveive Domaine Chandon. 

We did receive the Moet, chocolates and flowers package from our TA. The cruise was a special celebration. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

8 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I believe that every C&A member gets the cookies on day 1.  They used to leave a bag of butter cookies in your cabin that we’d always take home but they stopped that a couple off years ago.

Yeah....but there just aren't enough of those oatmeal cookies on the plate... LOL

• Haha 1