Price Per day

We all talk about pricing our cruise now here is a good question to all and I truly look forward to the response. What would be a fair daily rate for two people in a cabin not including tips or drink packages just cruise fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

We all talk about pricing our cruise now here is a good question to all and I truly look forward to the response. What would be a fair daily rate for two people in a cabin not including tips or drink packages just cruise fair.

First  Class or steerage?

3 minutes ago, southerngoose said:

I have gotten $100 per day on a transatlantic in an inside.   $200-$300 for a more popular destination in an inside/ocean view.   The prices can skyrocket from there in a better cabin.

there's some variables,  seems that when ships make ports the prices can go up.  The Enchanted will blessed with our presence next year on a T A.  We got a great deal that equates to 200 dbl. occupancy. 

Based on my data from 2004 thru 2019, I have paid from $275 (received free upgrade to S6 suite on that one) up to $650 per day for 2 people in mid-ship mini-suites. The lowest prices have been for NE/Canada, TA, Alaska and Hawaii. The more expensive have been for European and Baltic cruises and once for an Alaskan cruisetour. Have cruised more recently in suites ranging from $600 to $980 per day to Hawaii, California Coastal and NE/Canada.

Are the prices fair? I was happy to pay for the product I received --  pure comfort, service, and a great break from my usual world.

• Like 2

We haven't cruised for a couple of years, but did 51 cruises between 1994 and 2017.  Our goal was $100/day/person for an outside cabin.  We're happy with Plaza deck.  Emerald deck is second choice, preferably without a lifeboat/tender outside our window.  We used to do 3 cruises/year, hence our "frugality."  Plus my husband has no desire to have a balcony (he's very fair and probably would never go out on a balcony on a sunny day).  The only time we've had an inside was for the Royal in the Caribbean in Jan 2016.  The Royal/Regal don't have the Plaza outside cabins we prefer--they put the spa there instead, much to our dismay.  P.S. we usually booked through a discount website, never directly through Princess.

Edited by BarbinMich

Present booking 14 days January 2020 to Caribbean in an MA Mid-ship Mini Suite for right at $352.00 per couple / per day.

Also received $460.00 OBC (not counting military and shareholder) from cruise line and TA.  I think this is a very fair rate.

What’s interesting to me are the port charges and taxes. I am doing a 10 day , 4 port MexicN cruise this month where the port charges are more than the Norway Iceland trip in July which has over twice as many ports. Anyone know why this is?

All over the ballpark, with itinerary a big factor.  We cruise along the west coast with Princess to multiple locations.  Exact same cabin on same ship will be dramatically different in price for Alaska in summer than for Mexico in winter.  Difference relates to popularity of the itinerary and cruise line sets best price it thinks it can get.

Edited by wheezedr
Completion

I have a couple booked at the moment where one is $107 per person per day and the other is $241 per person per day. Both are pre-tax, etc. prices. It depends on where the cruise is going, what type of cabin one has, etc. The 12 day at $241 per person per day is in a Premium Ocean View. On the high side for that type of cabin for 12 days but it's a Northern Lights cruise.

10 minutes ago, jwattle said:

We're paying $1,800 each for Enchanted, 14 day Transatlantic in a Premium Deluxe aft facing Baja deck with $760 OBC

now that sounds like a fair price.

• Like 1

I also see that you are posting from Canada. Don’t forget that in order to do a comparison you need a universal currency to compare to.

but to answer your question in a completely ballpark way with no comparisons of cruise lines, itinerary, time of year, category of stateroom etc....  

i like to see between $100-200 CDN per day per person

My original calculation of $352.00 per day / per couple was the total cost of the cruise.

If I removed all taxes, port fees and insurance the cost for the cabin alone would be $292.58 per couple / per day.

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

now that sounds like a fair price.

We got one of their 2 window suites for $1954 pp.  I'll miss the balcony but the suites are 710 sq feet!  Since we're up on the Sun deck, easy walk to outside.  Which makes it $139 pp per day

Edited by suekel
added content
  • Like 2

I also see that you are posting from Canada. Don’t forget that in order to do a comparison you need a universal currency to compare to.

but to answer your question in a completely ballpark way with no comparisons of cruise lines, itinerary, time of year, category of stateroom etc....  
i like to see between $100-200 CDN per day per person

I totally agree if I can be around. 150 a day Canadian per person not to bad.

We are on a constant lookout for cruises that are on sale for no more then $100. a day PP.   Found a RT to Hawaii that had dropped to $79 a day PP for an obstructed.   Those few cabins did not last long.      They do come up and you have to jump on them.   May not be my favorite location but I do like the price.  

Edited by waltd

We are on a constant lookout for cruises that are on sale for no more then $100. a day PP.   Found a RT to Hawaii that had dropped to $79 a day PP for an obstructed.   Those few cabins did not last long.      They do come up and you have to jump on them.   May not be my favorite location but I do like the price.  

That’s an awesome price great value when you can get that