Harmony Beds

Welcome to the forum!

Difficult to answer.  I have always been comfortable and slept well, but you may have different needs than I.  Also, not sure all the beds on any ship will be the same.

Edited by Bee Guy

In January on Harmony the beds were very uncomfortable.  I had a back ache every morning and one day my left leg was painful from the poor mattress on the bed.

It was mentioned to the steward and he did put a comforter of sorts under the sheet, but it did not do any good.   This was the first ship I have ever had a week of poor nights of sleep.

If it's anything like the Indy I told my husband next trip I'm packing a mattress pad next time just to be safe.  It was just 5 nights but both of us had a tough time.  Now son and his GF had no problem but that's the gift of youth, for us I think we'll need comfort more and more so it will be a new budget item 🙂

I was on a b2b on the Harmony in January.  We had the most uncomfortable mattress!   We have been on many, many RCCL cruises, but this by far was the hardest mattress yet!  We were on Celebrity Equinox last October and that bed was great. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I find the beds on RCCL to be the only disappointment usually.  Their rock hard mattresses are like sleeping on a sheet of plywood.  If given the option of anything else I would gladly pay for it. I guess it is the cheapest product they can buy. The last 5 RCCL ships I have been on have had hard uncomfortable beds.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 10:33 AM, SilkySal said:

We usually pack our camping air mattresses "just in case". Just got off of the Oasis and our bed already had an egg crate foam topper on it! Slept very comfortable!

Egg crate "foam" topper.....I thought RCI stopped using this foam type due to sanitation concerns? The mattress toppers (comforter type) is what's been available.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Egg crate "foam" topper.....I thought RCI stopped using this foam type due to sanitation concerns? The mattress toppers (comforter type) is what's been available.

That's what I thought too.

I sent an email to special needs

I have recently had hip surgery and would like to know if it would be possible to have a mattress topper added to our bed.  I do not do well on a firm mattress right now and am hoping this would be a solution when we cruise.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Cathy

Their answer was this, 

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Access Department. 

All beds in our fleet have double mattress toppers and I have requested 3 additional toppers be added to the bed prior to your sailing.

Best Regards,

Yavonna Thames-Harvey
Access Advocate

Not sure why she said they are putting 3 on our bed, but I will take it!!

• Like 2

Our last years cruise on the Allure was the worst. Hard as the floor. We complained and they added something about as thick as an inch. Did not help. I think they want you up so that you are spending more money, because I can not sleep long when my back cramps up.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 5:07 PM, Ashland said:

That's what I thought too but, at least on this cruise, we did have the foam type egg crate on the bed. I have had the comforter type on beds too at different times. Maybe they are using the "new" ones and slowly discontinuing them but I don't know. In any event, I pack my travel topper "just in case"!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm curious and should be related to this post. If I wanted to bring my own mattress topper, does anyone know for sure what the bed dimensions are? I see in my booking the bed is referred to as a queen (60 x 80) in one location, but usually as a "royal king" in most, is that traditional king (76 x 80)? something maybe something in between?

We like a firm mattress but in the context of "Luxury firm" memory foam, not plywood firm (as cheaper beds often are). I'd assume even if RCI gives toppers, they aren't likely to be of high quality, may cause extra heat, or just add to the problem. So I'm curious what size topper would fit best (and not take up a ton of luggage space).

• Like 1