Cruise Critic Community

Ice in the evening, fresh towels everyday, and extra pillows.

I don’t consider ice, extra towels or pillows  to be a special request. Those are normal items a cabin attendant will be happy to provide. 

M

18 minutes ago, Croozin Soozin said:

A kettle, extra pillows. 

Kettle = coffee maker?   That would be great!

nothing.   I don't need any  extra service over whats automatically provided.  in fact I make sure they understand to NOT replace any towels if they are  not on the floor.  

I didn't know a kettle was an option.  I would love to have a kettle in my room.  My family and I drink a ton of hot tea.

I asked for a kettle the last time we were on the Anthem and was told no...  YMMV

41 minutes ago, Abd213 said:

I didn't know a kettle was an option.  I would love to have a kettle in my room.  My family and I drink a ton of hot tea.

Kettles are included in JS and better staterooms, and all staterooms on cruises out of the UK.

Ahead of time, we request distilled water for the CPAP.   Once on the ship, we always mentioned to our attendant that we'd love to have a fan and two additional pillows, and by bedtime everything requested is there on Day 1. 

I request that they do not take my towel animals away. I like to keep the collection all week.

Lounge chairs on the balcony.
I requested that once, I got a chair from one of the lounges..... Aka a bar chair.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Sherri914 said:

Ahead of time, we request a fan

I think you are my new best friend Sherri914!!!!!

Two wine glasses, two cocktail glasses and twice a day ice. Last trip on Symphony I asked him to not remove the card in the card reader slot.

When requesting something ahead of time such as distilled water, fan or mattress topper, where or to whom do you send the request?  

29 minutes ago, janhtx said:

When requesting something ahead of time such as distilled water, fan or mattress topper, where or to whom do you send the request?  

special_needs@rccl.com

20 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Lounge chairs on the balcony.

Isn't that putting a bit much on the attendant when only certain cabins are supposed to come with them? It would be a mess if everyone started asking for them.

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Isn't that putting a bit much on the attendant when only certain cabins are supposed to come with them? It would be a mess if everyone started asking for them.

We leave it up to the stateroom attendant, if they say they cannot do it, no problem.  Plus, we only do this for a JS, when they don't give us two loungers.

27 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

special_needs@rccl.com

Thanks Bob.  And thanks for acknowledging you ask for a lounger.  I have done that.  I have also procured one by myself 😉 

8 hours ago, Sherri914 said:

Ahead of time, we request distilled water for the CPAP.   Once on the ship, we always mentioned to our attendant that we'd love to have a fan and two additional pillows, and by bedtime everything requested is there on Day 1. 

What kind of a fan do they bring? Somewhere I read they will sometimes bring a big box fan. I always bring a fan that can either clip on or sit up on it's own. 

3 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

I requested that once, I got a chair from one of the lounges..... Aka a bar chair.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yikes, they must have run out of loungers.

They typically bring a box fan but we have had them bring a standing fan before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk