Minor update on Coco Cay

BillOh

THANK YOU for posting your photos!

It look like:

1) The pier construction for the larger ships is moving along well...finishing in May as scheduled seems "doable".

2) The Oasis Lagoon pool area looks great.

3) The Water Thrill Park construction is well underway and May seems very possible for completion.

4) A number of the new food shacks and other venues are also moving along quite well.

6 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

THANK YOU for posting your photos!

It look like:

1) The pier construction for the larger ships is moving along well...finishing in May as scheduled seems "doable".

2) The Oasis Lagoon pool area looks great.

3) The Water Thrill Park construction is well underway and May seems very possible for completion.

4) A number of the new food shacks and other venues are also moving along quite well.

Hope so, we're back there in May on Harmony. I know nothing about pier construction, but from what I saw when we were there, it looks like there are three more sections of hard dock (the pictures with the concrete forms out in the water, and the large lego shaped concrete slabs on the dock) that need to be finished, plus three dolphins (the three square concrete slabs with the round hole in them) that need to be placed. Based on the number of bollards that were staged on the dock, it is being outfitted to dock ships on both sides of the dock.

I have videos as well, but I can't figure out how to upload them.

• Like 1

Just got back from the Mariner 3 night cruise. We docked at the pier on Saturday and the stuff that is finished really looks great. 

The pool/lagoon is incredible. With one ship there, the place seemed empty and that’s with half the island still under construction. I think it could easily handle to large ships.  

A few of the crew told us that there may soon be 3 night cruises to Coco Cay only, no more Nassau. 2 days at Coco Cay.  

33 minutes ago, 1992cruiser said:

Just got back from the Mariner 3 night cruise. We docked at the pier on Saturday and the stuff that is finished really looks great. 

The pool/lagoon is incredible. With one ship there, the place seemed empty and that’s with half the island still under construction. I think it could easily handle to large ships.  

A few of the crew told us that there may soon be 3 night cruises to Coco Cay only, no more Nassau. 2 days at Coco Cay.  

Given the amount of money that Royal has invested in the island it wouldn't come as a surprise. 

2 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

Thanks for the quick reply!  We usually get a cabana but that pool looks pretty great. 

The pool was wonderful!  I noticed photos in the cruise immediately after mine that they had added umbrellas to the loungers area as well, so at least there's a little more shade.  I believe the plan is also to have cabanas available near the pool.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The pool was wonderful!  I noticed photos in the cruise immediately after mine that they had added umbrellas to the loungers area as well, so at least there's a little more shade.  I believe the plan is also to have cabanas available near the pool.  

Yup...they can be reserved for cruises already (sailing in May or later).

Anthem docked in Coco Cay today according to a person currently on board. First of its size to dock at the new pier. 

Edit: someone beat me to the punch. Took me too long to type!

Edited by bowler15547

1 hour ago, 1992cruiser said:

Disney has been known to have cruises where they stop at their private island at the beginning of a cruise and at the end.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I saw some cabanas on the map drawing but it depicted loungers between the cabanas and the pool. It will be interesting to see if that is how they are actually constructed. 

1 minute ago, kccrzr said:

I saw some cabanas on the map drawing but it depicted loungers between the cabanas and the pool. It will be interesting to see if that is how they are actually constructed. 

1 minute ago, kccrzr said:

Each cabana includes a couple loungers...