Minor update on Coco Cay

BillOh

FWIW,   I saw the Royal Rep who lives here in Columbus the other night.  She is CD Jeff Arpin's wife.  She said the changes to Coco Cay were progressing rapidly, but did't give to many specifics.   When I spoke to her later and told her I would be back on Coco Cay on Mariner 9/17 +/-   She said, the pier will be open in April and most of Perfect Day in May.  She said the thing that is the furthest from completion if the over the water cabanas. 

Again - FWIW. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, BillOh said:

cnsiFWIW,   I saw the Royal Rep who lives here in Columbus the other night.  She is CD Jeff Arpin's wife.  She said the changes to Coco Cay were progressing rapidly, but did't give to many specifics.   When I spoke to her later and told her I would be back on Coco Cay on Mariner 9/17 +/-   She said, the pier will be open in April and most of Perfect Day in May.  She said the thing that is the furthest from completion if the over the water cabanas. 

Again - FWIW. 

Thanks sir.

That's consistent with the April pier and May Coco Cay on-island activities openings reported elsewhere.

Great to get additional confirmation. The South side cabanas are indeed supposed to be the last items open - the plan seems to clearly point to Coco Cay completion starting from the pier and main entrance, and working its way towards the opposite side of the island (where the cabanas are located). 

If they can have the pier done by our 4/6 sailing I'll be happy. The rest of it is not a selling point for us (although DW expressed interest in the over the water cabanas so that might cost me some money on subsequent visits).

33 minutes ago, twangster said:

Rumors of Mariner sneaking into the pier again this weekend.  We'll see.  

Not a rumor,  Confirmed by RCI.  they will dock and guests will have access to: Chill Grill and Shack Shack (1 of the 3 being built) as wall as the Oasis Lagoon.   

This is a test (soft) opening.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stevea36 said:

Not a rumor,  Confirmed by RCI.  they will dock and guests will have access to: Chill Grill and Shack Shack (1 of the 3 being built) as wall as the Oasis Lagoon.   

This is a test (soft) opening.

That would be awesome! I am sailing this weekend....i hope this is true!

If have a Cabana reserved in April with these benefits but the Chill Grill open, I'm guessing it's unliked to get the "deluxe" and private to cabana club lunch?

Escape to your private beachfront Cabana Club. Soak up the style and tranquility of this chic tropical paradise nestled in CocoCay from your very own private beach accessible cabana. Your ocean view cabana is furnished with 2 luxurious resort-style lounge chairs , a sofa, and amenities that include a deluxe lunch buffet, 2 floating beach mats, 4 bottles of water, towels and 2 sets of snorkeling equipment. ZCH5

11 hours ago, parothead said:

as long as the over water cabanas are done by Dec2. they look awsome can't wait

Well, I will be doing a review of our Mariner 4 day in mid Sept.

• Like 2

Things change so fast...A few weeks ago, I was waiting for a email from RCCL stating that we weren't even going to Coco Cay on March 27th (Mariner of the Seas). Then lo and behold, not only are we going there but we will not have to tender (pain in the butt), and added to that the "Largest Fresh Water Pool in the Caribbean" will be opened. Now that's a good day. Looking forward to those that are there now reviews.

• Like 1

after looking at the map. the are of the beach I usually hang out in is behind the pool, and the chill grill is the usual lunch place. Most of the are with all the water park stuff was never really utilized before so I think I will still be able to have a relaxing beach day

Matt from Royal Caribbean blog is on Mariner right now & doing 3 back to backs so I'm sure he'll be posting updates, pic & video

Edited by Jax129
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jax129 said:

after looking at the map. the are of the beach I usually hang out in is behind the pool, and the chill grill is the usual lunch place. Most of the are with all the water park stuff was never really utilized before so I think I will still be able to have a relaxing beach day

Hmmmm...anyone one know a good interpreter that speaks cryptic?

1 minute ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Hmmmm...anyone one know a good interpreter that speaks cryptic?

LOL, well if you look at the map someone posted above, just behind the Oasis lagoon pool is a nice beach, where most people hung out before this Island makeover, the Chill grill is in one of the locations that was already used for food, and the water park are was mostly trees & barely used before. I was originally not happy about all the changes but it appears from the map I'll still have the same nice beach are away from all the water park stuff

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

LOL, well if you look at the map someone posted above, just behind the Oasis lagoon pool is a nice beach, where most people hung out before this Island makeover, the Chill grill is in one of the locations that was already used for food, and the water park are was mostly trees & barely used before. I was originally not happy about all the changes but it appears from the map I'll still have the same nice beach are away from all the water park stuff

You speaka the English. 🤣

46 minutes ago, Kmad0202 said:

Things change so fast...A few weeks ago, I was waiting for a email from RCCL stating that we weren't even going to Coco Cay on March 27th (Mariner of the Seas). Then lo and behold, not only are we going there but we will not have to tender (pain in the butt), and added to that the "Largest Fresh Water Pool in the Caribbean" will be opened. Now that's a good day. Looking forward to those that are there now reviews.

I Wonder if anyone at RCL knows that the Bahamas is not in the Caribbean?:classic_blink:

• Like 2