How am I supposed to drink this?

Depending where they stocked their milk it may be all they could get or this could be their backup stock for when more milk then expected is used.  Outside the USA they are pretty common and becoming more common here.  We are used to shelf stable milk because we travel to Mexico yearly.  I buy them at home to pack in my daughter's lunch with ice packs. Poking the straw in and folding the tip down then squeezing the box is great for putting it in cereal or into a glass.

1 hour ago, robtulipe said:

Takes too long to empty doing that. It's a very small hole.

Not really. Do 60+ nites a yr on Royal last 6+ yrs and do it every day on board. Like to use these sealed milks, bring them to my Cabin

Edited by ONECRUISER

Really? This is the "BIG" issue that the OP is having on vacation. WOW, I hope my life does not get that complicated.

I will be on Enchantment next weekend. Now I have to bring scissor (oops, not allowed).. {Naughty room here I come}

"STOP THE INSANITY".......😎

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Was regular milk in a box too?

Yes, when the ship typically runs out of the regular carton of full fat milk.

Like it was mentioned previously it is likely the HT milk boxes are a back up for regular milk that needs refrigeration space.

I hate these boxes.  They should provide a child to assist an adult into getting into these.  I will try your suggestion of cutting or ripping open the fold.

I also dislike the fact that the ships don't stock fat free or skim milk.  I have tried to get it & even requested it but no luck.  It makes it very hard to stay on a diet when we cannot get the food we need.  Does not stop me from cruising.  It just makes it more of a challenge.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Really, people, lighten up.

This entire web site is about first world problems

OP, and a few others, attempted to post with a little humor.  

Try it, you might like it. 

Humor is always welcome...but the OP had zero humor.

A thread on this topic is about as lame a topic as seen on this site. It was met with the sarcasm, humor, and skepticism it well deserved. A first world problem? Really? WOW.

What's next? A thread about a worn washcloth, a fly that fell in the pool, or too few chocolate chips in that  kind of cookies?

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Navigator had these type of milk cartons on March 1st sailing. I simply used the straw to make a hole and poured the milk onto my cereal. Equally, use the milk dispenser next to the cereal.

To drink, again, simply use the straw the make a hole and pour into a glass, takes about 5 seconds.

It's really not that much of a problem just maybe a little more time consuming, but I had no problem for 9 days. 

• Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 10:55 AM, time4u2go said:

I like how on the front it touts that it's without artificial hormones and then on the back it says there's no significant difference whether it has that or not. :classic_biggrin:

I always thought this was a legal thing - since they are promoting it as "heathier" without the hormones, the gov requires the disclaimer to let people know that may (or may not) really make any diff.

3 hours ago, PTAngel said:

I also dislike the fact that the ships don't stock fat free or skim milk.  I have tried to get it & even requested it but no luck.  It makes it very hard to stay on a diet when we cannot get the food we need.  Does not stop me from cruising.  It just makes it more of a challenge.

Never had a problem getting low fat milk.  Last two cruises were on the Navigator and Serenade and upon request was easily able to get low fat milk. I usually like a glass of milk with lunch. By then the Windjammer no longer has cereal out so milk is not out in cartons.

Have asked a staff member and received whole and /or low fat. I think you have to be careful who you ask. Some staff are not well versed in the difference from a language point of view - they just know what a carton of milk is. Frequently ask a supervisor/junior officer and have found they understand the difference and bring what you need.  For example some people say whole milk and some may say 2%, fat free, skim, 1%, and that can be difficult for someone whose first language is not English, or perhaps speaks English but is not American and isn’t used to so many choices. 

6 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Really, people, lighten up.

This entire web site is about first world problems. 

OP, and a few others, attempted to post with a little humor.  

Try it, you might like it. 

Thank you for recognizing my attempt at humor