Best Steak, Cagney's or Le Bistro?

Gigi57

My last cruise on Escape...I had the filet in LeBistro, it was much better than the ribeye I had in Cagneys, and I usually like ribeye's much better...I think the only steak on the Bistro menu is the filet..keep that in mind. 

Also had some type of puff pastry seafood appetizer in LeBistro..much recommended.  YMMV

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

My last cruise on Escape...I had the filet in LeBistro, it was much better than the ribeye I had in Cagneys, and I usually like ribeye's much better...I think the only steak on the Bistro menu is the filet..keep that in mind. 

Also had some type of puff pastry seafood appetizer in LeBistro..much recommended.  YMMV

It looks like they took the puff pastry app off of the menu. I too am primarily a ribeye guy, I usually skip filets, but people seem to rave about the Le Bistro filet, I see a lot on the boards here about it being much better than the steaks in Cagney's.

Has anyone had the Le Bistro filet and the La Cucina filet? How do those compare?

I was on the Breakaway about a month ago, and had the filet at Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Moderno... They were all good, but I personally rated the one at La Cucina first, Le Bistro second, Cagney's third, and Moderno last... Just my experience, YMMV...

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I was on the Breakaway about a month ago, and had the filet at Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Moderno... They were all good, but I personally rated the one at La Cucina first, Le Bistro second, Cagney's third, and Moderno last... Just my experience, YMMV...

I agree. The filet at La Cucina was the best.

During a behind the scenes tour on the Escape last year I was told the beef for Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Moderno is all the same. Makes sense, it would be crazy to have different filets for each restaurant

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

During a behind the scenes tour on the Escape last year I was told the beef for Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Moderno is all the same. Makes sense, it would be crazy to have different filets for each restaurant

I am sure it’s the same...prep/cooking it makes the difference...and sometimes, steaks just vary..not an exact science. 

• Like 1

We loved the Gorgonzola crusted Filet at La Cucina.  It's off the menu now but the new Filet dish there was pretty good.  Have also enjoyed the Filets at Cagney's and Le Bistro.  All have been good so you might want to think about the appetizers (great soup at Le Bistro) or desserts to make your choice.

24 minutes ago, Lddella said:

I've found Le Bistro far exceeds Cagney's. We go to Le Bistro prob 2x per cruise now and skip Cagneys every time.Have a great time! 

Is there an additional upcharge for Le Bistro when you dine using the UDP, do you know?

Comparing apples to apples or in this case filet to filet.  It was the same exact filet except Le Bistro had their sauce on it.  It appeared to me to be the exact size, texture of filet at Cagneys.

I have to laugh (in a good way, not making fun of anyone) when people rave about Le Bistro's onion soup.  While its ok its what you would get at Denny's.  If anyone sails out of Miami and visits Miami Beach before or after their cruise....check out Baires Grill on Lincoln Road.  They also have a Brickell location.  Its an Argentine restaurant but they have the best French Onion soup that is a meal in itself.  I work with a French guy and he even told me that in the French community in Miami the word was out this Argentine restaurant had the best French onion soup except their French mothers of course.

Le Bistro is not even on the same level as good restaurants.  Its like comparing McDonalds to Cagneys 😉

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

We loved the Gorgonzola crusted Filet at La Cucina.  It's off the menu now but the new Filet dish there was pretty good.  Have also enjoyed the Filets at Cagney's and Le Bistro.  All have been good so you might want to think about the appetizers (great soup at Le Bistro) or desserts to make your choice.

That was one of my best meals I've had on a NCL ship... La Cucina on Star. The steak with gorgonzola was amazing.