When did Carnival start charging a delivery fee

mafiadon

20 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't think anyone said they were trying to hide it.

I never said "anyone" made that claim, just pointing out that despite the perceived abuse or arrogance on the part of the cruise line, they have made it known the fee will be charged and at what rate. 

Edited by joepeka

On 3/25/2019 at 5:33 AM, satxdiver said:

We sailed last September and per usual ordered flowers, wine and water from the fun shops prior to boarding.  It was all like it had been with no delivery charge.  I tried to order the same for our upcoming May sailing and to my surprise a $18 delivery charge was added to my bill.  I canceled the order of course and consider the $18 delivery charge to be highway robbery.  We can live without the flowers.  Water is free out of the tap and all we need is our own container to take onshore.  We will live with our two free bottles of wine for this cruise.  End result is loss of a sale for Carnival.  

I have also cancelled orders because of the unreasonable fee. If it is truly a "delivery fee" then it should be a set trip fee and not a percentage. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I never said "anyone" made that claim, just pointing out that despite the perceived abuse or arrogance on the part of the cruise line, they have made it known the fee will be charged and at what rate. 

By "abuse," are you referring to opinions that think it's excessive? In my opinion, I don't know if I'd call 18% of one item excessive. But I do believe it becomes excessive when they add 18% for every single item you order all at once. Especially when any or all of those items are delivered at the same time. It is not fair to charge a delivery fee on each item if they're delivered together.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2019 at 4:36 PM, CruiseGal999 said:

You weren't charged a 'delivery' fee.  You were charged for the food.  It is something new.  There are FREE items on the list and CHARGE items on the list.  It's pretty easy to see the difference when ordering.  

And an added FYI, the 'delivery' person does not earn tips from your auto grats.  It is nice to give them something for the service. 

Assume much??

On 3/24/2019 at 10:51 AM, xDisconnections said:

Throughout any organization, it's always efficient and in the employer's best interest to cross-train their employees hence the reasoning every waiter in the dining room spends two days each week in the Lido restaurant as well as performing other duties. You'll see the dancers selling bingo tickets and various other associates taking on additional duties.

Although I've sailed on other cruise lines for the most part recently since my last Carnival cruise, I always tried to stay informed and remain updated with changes at Carnival. This is due to a past history of sailing this cruise line and always remaining optimistic regarding a future booking with them among other various reasons. I have enjoyed the majority of my past Carnival cruises and do have a booking with them later this year.

Unfortunately I was unable to locate a post from Heald where he stated the room service delivery attendants do not receive a portion of the gratuities. As you are knowledgeable regarding this post, can you please point me in the right direction to the post of where this was stated? It was suggested the previous poster began a new thread on this topic if she were so inclined as this thread was never meant to be about the automatic gratuities and was simply about the delivery fee from the Fun Shops. It naturally drifted off topic through conversation.

Dancers selling bingo tickets.... let me stop you right there. Playlist performers are contracted only to perform on the stage. ANY thing else they do is because of their choice,  not to cross train.

2 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

Dancers selling bingo tickets.... let me stop you right there. Playlist performers are contracted only to perform on the stage. ANY thing else they do is because of their choice,  not to cross train.

Where did you get this? I talked a dancer who was playing lifeguard at the adults pool. He said they are all assigned different daytime jobs when not rehearsing or in the gym.  No, it's not cross training, it's a job assignment. Really don't need to train to sell tickets or call O-72.

5 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

Thanks for the info- I haven’t sailed on a Playlist Production ship yet. My experience on 100% of my Carnival cruises has been dancers selling bingo tickets.

14 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I wonder what cruisers have delivered now besides water, the pricing of bottles are outrageous, we have given up getting them.  I  would love to hear what else people get delivered.

I got their cooler with 4 bears, cups, koosie and bottle opener for my husband

On 3/23/2019 at 5:40 PM, bury me at sea said:

I think the OP is referring to orders from the Fun Shops.

I first noticed the delivery fee last summer, I think.  And it is high!

Yes, I was just charged a delivery fee for beverages I ordered for our cabin to be delivered on embarkation day. 

On 3/24/2019 at 7:20 AM, jimbo5544 said:

The one thing I take out of this is someone needs to sail on Carnival again.....

I think you might need to book a cruise soon.  This is all bad info.