Jamie's or Hooked on Symphony?

10 hours ago, greenj888 said:

We are doing Bogo on Symphony.  I know I want to for sure do Chops one night.  Should I do Jamie's or Hooked the other night?

If you are into seafood--Hooked, absolutely.

I agree with skipping Chops.   Have been in Chops on two different ships, and was not impressed by either.   Also, just ready a Symphony review with a Chops entry, and they were not impressed as well.   Not a bad meal, just not great.   Have only been to Jamie's on Harmony but it was the best Specialty meal we've had on any RCL ship.   Sorry, but can't speak to Hooked.   Not a big seafood eater, so that one's a waste on me. 

So based on all that, I'd offer you do Jamie's and Hooked.

Edited by zdad59
  • Like 1

We loved Hooked. 

We decided on Hooked as we sail often and it was only available for us on Symphony  The other ships we tend to sail don't have Hooked.  Interestingly the shellfish in the display case looked awful, but what was served was amazing.

I second the recommendation to skip Chops in favor of Jamie's.  Chops is good, but pretty basic.  The food is more creative  at  Jamie's.   

We had a lunch in Jamie's and enjoyed it very much.   It might be a toss up between Jamie's and Hooked.   

If you plan to sail RCCL again,  keep in mind that Chops is available on almost every ship.    Jamie's, Wonderland, Hooked are   not.

Whatever you decide, enjoy.

M

12 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We loved Hooked. 

We decided on Hooked as we sail often and it was only available for us on Symphony  The other ships we tend to sail don't have Hooked.  Interestingly the shellfish in the display case looked awful, but what was served was amazing.

I second the recommendation to skip Chops in favor of Jamie's.  Chops is good, but pretty basic.  The food is more creative  at  Jamie's.   

We had a lunch in Jamie's and enjoyed it very much.   It might be a toss up between Jamie's and Hooked.   

If you plan to sail RCCL again,  keep in mind that Chops is available on almost every ship.    Jamie's, Wonderland, Hooked are   not.

Whatever you decide, enjoy.

M

However, no comparison between Giovanni's and Jamie's.  Unfortunately, Giovanni's is going the way of Portofino's in RCL fleet.

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We loved Hooked. 

We decided on Hooked as we sail often and it was only available for us on Symphony  The other ships we tend to sail don't have Hooked. 

I am not sure what you meant by "for us" but Hooked is also on the Navigator.  Right now, those ships (Symphony and Navigator) are the only ones that have Hooked.

5 hours ago, nelblu said:

However, no comparison between Giovanni's and Jamie's.  Unfortunately, Giovanni's is going the way of Portofino's in RCL fleet.

My wife and I love the ossobuco at Giovanni's.  Jamie's menu does not have that or any other veal dish.  While Jamie's has some excellent antipasti, the main dishes there seemed very disappointing to us.

44 minutes ago, actuarian said:

I am not sure what you meant by "for us" but Hooked is also on the Navigator.  Right now, those ships (Symphony and Navigator) are the only ones that have Hooked.

I meant that many of the ships we've sailed or we have booked  do not have Hooked.  It was available on a recent Symphony cruise so we tried it while we had the opportunity.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

43 minutes ago, actuarian said:

My wife and I love the ossobuco at Giovanni's.  Jamie's menu does not have that or any other veal dish.  While Jamie's has some excellent antipasti, the main dishes there seemed very disappointing to us.

When we dine at Jamie's we order the Lamb Chops.

We did Hooked on Symphony and really liked it. Lots of food. My only  comment is that they used drawn brown butter for my lobster. It was actually good but just surprised me, I am used to drawn butter that is a yellowish color.