Drink package pricing

I have been keeping an eye on the drink package for my cruise. It is at its lowest I have seen, $46 a day. I’m still checking to see if it will drop in price. My cruise is April 22nd. For cruisers that have bought the plan, when is the latest it stops changing price?

51 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

Ours sat at $44 for a long time. It dropped to $39 10 days before we left. I hope this helps!

And with Kareme at the bar, it was a great cruise !!

Kareme 3.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lbfluffy said:

I have been keeping an eye on the drink package for my cruise. It is at its lowest I have seen, $46 a day. I’m still checking to see if it will drop in price. My cruise is April 22nd. For cruisers that have bought the plan, when is the latest it stops changing price?

I just bought at $52 pp/pd (plus 18% gratuity) for our July cruise on Symphony.   That's our break even point.    I'm guessing it will go down as we get closer to sailing date.   If it does, I'll cancel and re-buy at the new, lower price.

Pick your break even and purchase.   Then keep an eye on things.   Cancel and re-buy if the price goes down.

1 hour ago, lbfluffy said:

I agree with a previous poster who suggests grabbing it.  If it does drop lower, you can cancel and repurchase in the cruise planner.  I've been watching the drink package on Allure for May, the cheapest I've seen it was $46 which was the price that appeared a while ago and I bought it.  While other sailings have dropped, this one hasn't gone lower than that.  I check daily to see if there's been any other drop.  (I've been watching the prices on this particular cruise for almost a year!)  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

I'm on the Anthem on 20 April.. and it's been $46 since I can remember.. I hope it goes down before the start...  If history repeats itself, when I was on the Adventure last year, it dropped to $38 a few days prior..  You have to think they won't lower it right away when there's still 25+ days to go and only drop it right before the cruise....  Unless nobody is buying it

10 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hi guys, goin on the Enchantment in May, an had thought about the drink package, an last night the drinks were at $49 a day, after I saw the final price,🙄 I thought forget that idea, I don't drink that much, so...

AT $49 a day plus gratuities it's really not hard to break even and that's not even just with alcohol!  Bottles of water, specialty coffees, fresh squeezed OJ, sodas, etc....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HOSKI said:

Grab the $46 and if it goes lower cancel and repurchase.  That is a pretty good price. 

Agree with this!  It never got lower than $49 a day for our Indy cruise, we still made it work for us but $46 would have been better!

12 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

Agreed with others above, $46 is a pretty good price. Get it now while it lasts. You can always repurchase if it goes lower.

Last Nov 2018, the drink package on my cruise on Liberty went from $45 to $42  about 3 weeks prior to embark day. I guess they were not selling  that quickly. It's all about supply and demand.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

For our cruise for the Allure next week it is $44. For our cruise on the Allure in December it is currently $55.  Not sure how RC figures out how to price the package but I'd guess there is some sort of algorithm they use to market to each passenger.

5 minutes ago, mac66 said:

For our cruise for the Allure next week it is $44. For our cruise on the Allure in December it is currently $55.  Not sure how RC figures out how to price the package but I'd guess there is some sort of algorithm they use to market to each passenger.

Could be timing. Perhaps they did not sell that many drink packages for next weeks cruise while they still have nearly 9 months before the Dec cruise.

Or - more likely - they know people will be drinking and over indulging during the holiday season no matter what the price.

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Could be timing. Perhaps they did not sell that many drink packages for next weeks cruise while they still have nearly 9 months before the Dec cruise.

Or - more likely - they know people will be drinking and over indulging during the holiday season no matter what the price.

All for naught as we don't typically buy the package but it's interesting to see the different prices.

Oh, and I just checked the Dec cruise and the package is down to $52.

Edited by mac66

The price has bounced between $52 and $56 for my June Harmony cruise ever since I booked it over a year ago (though, it may have went down on Black Friday, I didn't check at that time).

I know it aint much, but I am waiting for it to dip into the sub-$50 range before I jump on the Deluxe Beverage, that little bit adds up for two people over 7 nights.

On Symphony in September - just bought it yesterday for $49 but I'll keep my eyes open for discounts.

Royal has much better prices on drink packages than Princess. I've never bought one on Princess because they're usually around $60/day!  And my last Princess cruise was so port-intensive (Canada/NE) that it really wouldn't have made sense.