Drink package pricing

There’s no rhyme or reason to anything. Here’s what I’ve paid recently:

Oasis December 2017 - $55

Oasis December 2018 - $45 

Independence December 2019 - $56 (there hasn’t been a “sale” on this one yet, but if it’s at $56 now, I doubt it will drop below $50).

Either way, $45 or $56, it’s a good deal for me.  🙂

My Mariner cruise April 26th is sitting at $49 and my Dec 1 on Adventure is $50.  Both cruises have had that price listed and no movement since I have been watching them. $46 is pretty good, I'd grab it and rebook if it goes lower. 

My Harmony cruise in January dropped to $46.  My upcoming cruise on Allure in June started at $56, went to $52 and now is $49.  

I am hoping it will go down to $46, but who knows?  Supposedly the $49 is 30% off and I had thought if it didn't go down more, when I got onboard, I'd try to use my D+ discount, but that's the price shown now, according to the Cruise Planner.

10 minutes ago, Frankmac said:

A question. Is it possible to check the drinks package price for a cruise that you have not yet booked?

Another question. Is it always better to purchase before you go, rather than when you get on the ship?

No and usually.

You can check with someone on the Roll Call thread to get prices.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Frankmac said:

A question. Is it possible to check the drinks package price for a cruise that you have not yet booked?

Another question. Is it always better to purchase before you go, rather than when you get on the ship?

What my experience has shown is no..  You can only see the prices for the DP at their price without any discounts on their main page, which is usually between $63 and $70 and I'm sure that's not including the 18% gratuity..    If you like a certain cruise, ship and date, come here and search and ask..  The reduced prices that we are all talking about are for ones that have already booked and purchased their cruise and are PATIENTLY waiting for them to go down..  Right now, my cruise on 20 April is $46 per person (and that's with a 30% discount).  So buying prior will usually always save you money....  Usually

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/beverage-packages

As far as buying the package on ship, I highly doubt you'll save.  You're already there they have you, so they aren't going to discount something that you had a lot of time to buy before.. 

Edited by ScottVV

4 minutes ago, Frankmac said:

Thanks Scott.

They also have smaller packages for purchase on board as well.  You can sometimes, if it's offered, buy a 3-4 day package at a reduced price - but they aren't usually available until you've been cruising for a couple days already, but that is an option as well..  You can also, at times, by a drink card for XX drinks for a reduced price.. Just ask GS about these once on board if you choose not to buy your DS prior...

A drinks package is a definite requirement for me, but my wife , at most , will drink a max of 3 alcoholic drinks per day. So a full price package for both of us might not be worth it, but a discounted one may be.

I will certainly put a request on to the roll calls for the cruises we are interested in.

Thanks again.

1 minute ago, Frankmac said:

A drinks package is a definite requirement for me, but my wife , at most , will drink a max of 3 alcoholic drinks per day. So a full price package for both of us might not be worth it, but a discounted one may be.

I will certainly put a request on to the roll calls for the cruises we are interested in.

Thanks again.

Just remember it includes more than just alcohol so if she's likely only going to hit 3 alcoholic drinks a day consider if she'll drink soda, bottled water, virgin drinks, specialty coffee, fresh squeezed OJ too - at some of the package prices it really doesn't take much to make them cost effective!

2 minutes ago, Frankmac said:

Thanks again.

Just so you are prepared, the drink package price can vary day to day.  So someone might say the package us $48 one day, and the next day it's up to $54.

2 minutes ago, Frankmac said:

Thanks again.

You can also call RC and ask them to only purchase one DP and one refreshment package.  You both need to purchase a package, but if you call, you can buy one Deluxe DP and one Refreshment package - and not two DPs..  Just have to call and request that!