Drink package pricing

Just now, ShillyShally said:

I thought they didn't offer it for 3 nights, do they now?

I think this was/is only on European sailings.  Some friends just off a 3 night on Mariner from Miami bought the package from their planner.

3 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I think they offer it for US departures--but not UK?  

Glad I asked, not that I tend to sail 3 nights but for those in the family that won't yet commit to a longer one, they might be a good entry point!  I know 3N attract a different crowd and feel, I've enjoyed one myself in the past 🙂

So every time you have to cancel and rebook to get the lower price... how is the money refunded? Do they just credit back the credit card that was used to initially pay? Do you have to call RCCL or is it all done on the website?

1 minute ago, DyanaT said:

So every time you have to cancel and rebook to get the lower price... how is the money refunded? Do they just credit back the credit card that was used to initially pay? Do you have to call RCCL or is it all done on the website?

yes, you have to cancel and rebook.  Yes, they credit the card you originally used. As with almost all credit cards, it can take several days for the credit to appear, so in the interim, you will have paid for both.   For my bank, the credit usually shows up in 3 days.  If you have used onboard credit, that is immediately back in your account.  I had used some OBC for mine.  So after cancelling,  I logged out, back in and repurchased at the lower rate and was able to use that OBC for the new purchase.  Very easy if you're ok with waiting for a few days for the credit to show up.  This is why if it was only a few bucks, I wouldn't bother, but this is saving me quite a bit. I did the same with a shore excursion.  

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, cinnbon said:

I guess your spreadsheet is no longer available?  Tried using it but said it wasn't there 😞

I just downloaded it from the link you quoted.  Worked fine for me.

Edited by Tree_skier

Sorry if slightly off topic but didn't want to start new beverage thread.

I just booked 2nd cruise. Will the price fluctuate between 2 sailings? Will i see $52 on one and perhaps 48 on the other or does it go by actual login. tHANKS

39 minutes ago, Mickey527 said:

Where do you go to check in drink package prices. Fairly new to cruising

They will be listed in your cruise planner.  Once you have booked a cruise you can go to the website and select “already booked” and then select “cruise planner”

Right now our drink package is showing at $49 a day which from your comments is a good price. 

I am going on a 4 night from Port Canaveral. 

It says per DAY. Does the last day count since they throw you off the ship at 9 am?

22 minutes ago, Mickey527 said:

Right now our drink package is showing at $49 a day which from your comments is a good price. 

I am going on a 4 night from Port Canaveral. 

It says per DAY. Does the last day count since they throw you off the ship at 9 am?

No, if its a 4 night  cruise you are charged for 4 days

I'm hoping that someone who has recently cruise would let us know if one of the D+ perks in the cabin on the first day offers the delux package for 35% off.  Right now the planner is offering $47.00 pp/pd.

7 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

I'm hoping that someone who has recently cruise would let us know if one of the D+ perks in the cabin on the first day offers the delux package for 35% off.  Right now the planner is offering $47.00 pp/pd.

Our experience with onboard Deluxe package discounts has been 30% off for D+ and 40% off for Pinnacle.