How are you notified when Meet & Mingle to take place

I'd like to know what the normal procedure is for being advised when a Meet & Mingle is going to take place on RCCL ships.

We recently returned from a RCCL cruise. We had registered for the M&M, but never received a notice of when or where the event was going to take place. When we checked with guest services the evening of the second sea day, we were told the event had already taken place. We've been on 2 other cruises with other cruise lines in the past 18 months and we received notices to our stateroom advising when & where the M&M would take place. So, how does RCCL do it?

Just now, Bee Guy said:

Did you get an email confirming that you were registered? 

Yes, we did get an email saying that the minimum of 25 people had registered and we were on the list.  

Unfortunately, by the time we realized something was wrong and we enquired with guest services, it was too late.

2 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'm about 50/50 on actually receiving the invitation. 

I've learned the hard way to check with Guest Services if it's not in your room the first day, because it's usually the morning of the second day.

We've gotten in on the first day every time, without fail. We must just be lucky. 😏

51 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

When we were on Allure the invitations were in our cabin on arrival and it was also listed in the Compass. I hope this helps!

I was hoping they would publish it. I'll look out for both next week.

3 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

When we were on Allure the invitations were in our cabin on arrival and it was also listed in the Compass. I hope this helps!

I've never seen it listed in the Compass. I usually post a card on the announcement board near guest services or cafe latitudes where the M&M will be held. I let everyone on the roll call know this in case they don't get their invitation. Otherwise, check with guest services on day 1.

We are on the Freedom of the Seas from San juan in June.  We have our 1st port day at 8 am to 8 pm on Day 2.  Does anyone know when they might do the meet and mingle on a cruise that has 5 port days in a row starting the 2nd day?

So has anyone had a meet and greet on a 5 port day cruise.  (ie. Freedom of the Seas) Does royal still schedule it for day 2 in the morning even if we are already in port? If not what other times might they schedule it for?  Thanks

6 hours ago, umpisoccer said:

So has anyone had a meet and greet on a 5 port day cruise.  (ie. Freedom of the Seas) Does royal still schedule it for day 2 in the morning even if we are already in port? If not what other times might they schedule it for?  Thanks

Most likely they would schedule it in the early evening if there are full day port stops on days 2 and 3.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:03 AM, Northumberland said:

Well, that's what we had expected, but we never received one even though we were registered.

Also did not receive one on our first day recently on Navigator. We did learn what time/location it was being held, but already had plans for that time by the time we figured it out. It seemed about 50% of people (according to the social page) did not receive their invites...

• 1 month later...

Our cruise directors assistant (Favio???)  (sp)  ----- jumped in on our cruise thread (May5th Allure of the seas) and invited all who posted to attend the M & M.

He posted time and place. And said just to show up.

That was a first for us.

At the M & M he stated he read our thread, and new about us??

It was a lame thread, no harm, no fowl.

He also stated  at M & M, that RCI reads our posts..........Dunno about this one, but sounded convincing.

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss

I once was on a cruise where they forgot to deliver the M&M invitations to the cabins.  When they realized their mistake, they rescheduled for the last day of the cruise.  My guess is that few, if any, actually attended.

I get the invitations most of the time, but there are the rare times that I don't.  As others have mentioned, if it is not there when I check into the cabin on day one,  I call or go to GS to ask time and place.  We used to get those nice name tags to wear, formal invitations etc...now it is just a small slip of paper.  

RCI used to post the list of scheduled M&Ms online in advance...but has not been doing so for years now.  Plus many times the information was wrong if the ship had changed plans.  

Sure has changed over the years.  

7 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Our cruise directors assistant (Favio???)  (sp)  ----- jumped in on our cruise thread (May5th Allure of the seas) and invited all who posted to attend the M & M. ...

What a great idea!