What is the current standard for proof for military discount?

Did a search but there are no recent threads. What is the current proof needed to qualify for military discount? Original DD 214 shown at check in, a copy shown at check in, a faxed/emailed in copy ahead of time, etc?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Is there a military discount?

Not a universal discount, just a very occasional discount on certain categories on certain sailings.

• Like 1

Done 3 Military Discount Cruises in two and a half years, always bring documentation but yet to been asked to show it. Rarely offered Discount but lately seen it more and at about 6/7 months before sailing. Mine were only offered on Balcony cabins...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal says they need the DD214, but virtually everyone who gets the military discount says that they never ask to see it.

Oh please don't broadcast this...I can already see people selecting the discount and then hoping they don't get asked for proof...and if they do, conveniently "forgetting" it.

Only recently started putting in the military discount option.  DH carries his military card with him anyway, and is ready to show it if asked.

Senior discount, they don't ask to see our DL to verify our old fart status....guess we look old enough not to ask. 😲

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Senior discount, they don't ask to see our DL to verify our old fart status....guess we look old enough not to ask. 😲

They have birth dates, and any acceptable ID documents will also have the birth date.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spookwife said:

We have never gotten one.  They seem to be very random and limited cabin categories 

Totally agree.  Even though over the last couple of years we have input the military discount option...we have never received a military discount.  

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

Only recently started putting in the military discount option.  DH carries his military card with him anyway, and is ready to show it if asked.

LOL, you make me smile!  😀

My son in law(retired Navy veteran) gets a very nice discount from Disney, saved us big bucks.   

2 hours ago, Judyrem said:

My son in law(retired Navy veteran) gets a very nice discount from Disney, saved us big bucks.   

Good, wish they were offered on more sailings but got between $600-900 off my Royal Cruises. Though usually not that much saved and hard to find...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

One cruiser,  my friend who is married to a retired Marine always bemoans the fact that the military pay is/was so low, my daughter did too.

It's  very nice when a business recognizes their service and sacrifice and gives them a discount.

My granddaughter has just received her very own military ID and she is quite proud of it!

18 hours ago, Judyrem said:

Hmmm...forgot about checking on that one.  We get 10% on parking at ParkNCruise in PC.  And of course our favorite...10% discount at Lowes...something all "money pit" owners can use.  😮 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

You looked like a teenager when I met you, cast and all.

LOL....probably would not have been in a cast at all if I was indeed still a teenager.  😆  Old bones...dem old bones...they do break easily...sigh.  😞 

• Like 1