Formal nights

Vampiress88

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Posh lager is that’s the one with lime in it or black currant,real ale my friend you can never go wrong with real ale in a nice glass obviously and with a nice head.

I'm a bit of a girl when it comes to beer, I like a nice Peroni, can't be doing with a 'real mans' drink like real ale, tastes like pond water to me...

7 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I'm a bit of a girl when it comes to beer, I like a nice Peroni, can't be doing with a 'real mans' drink like real ale, tastes like pond water to me...

😂 I have to admit without mentioning names, some real ales taste like pond water to me too.

Edited by P-L-B

55 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

50 minutes ago, P-L-B said:

😂 I have to admit without mentioning names, some real ales taste like pond water to me too.

Two things women do drink real ales not just men second never tasted pond water but each to there own 🤪

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Posh lager is that’s the one with lime in it or black currant,real ale my friend you can never go wrong with real ale in a nice glass obviously and with a nice head.

38 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Two things women do drink real ales not just men second never tasted pond water but each to there own 🤪

I was making the point of me being perceived as a bit wet because I drink lager, of course ladies drink ale and there is nothing wrong with that.

As for pond water, if you haven't tried it you haven't lived... Again, just trying to emphasise the point that I don't like it.

Andy

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

I did say some real ales taste like pond water but many taste very nice indeed.👍

Our cruising companions are into real ale in a big way and will try any real ale but some are not for me.

My favourite being Old Speckled Hen or as the waiters say “would you like another spotted chicken sir”.:classic_biggrin:

It astounds me the constant winging about Formal Nights with people insulting those that are happy to adhere to the rules and actually enjoy dressing up. I accept that many people don't want to get "dressed up" and are happy to go about in shorts and t-shirts all day (probably the same ones). That is entirely their choice but P&O say that they will have Formal Nights and do have a dress code. The answer is simple and has been said many many times, if you don't like it then go elsewhere. I for one hope that things stay the way they are.

• Like 6

On 5/26/2019 at 8:12 PM, Bazrat said:

Just out of interest would you prefer them to do away with the formal nights so you can do your own thing,or do you believe the formal nights makes p&o a bit different from the rest in the price range.

I have no problems putting a jacket and tie on for a couple of formal nights, apart from many Princess cruises, done Arcadia x 2, inc half worldie, Aurora, Oriana. Plus have Arcadia next March, Singapore to Southampton.  Do not worry, my good cloober will be in ye olde sea bag, togetherwith the shorts and thongs.

They've started selling my favourite,Moretti, over here,over a quid a bottle in supermarkets.1.80 euro for a 3 pack in Italy.5 quid for a pint of draught Peroni here,that's a joke.

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

They've started selling my favourite,Moretti, over here,over a quid a bottle in supermarkets.1.80 euro for a 3 pack in Italy.5 quid for a pint of draught Peroni here,that's a joke.

Not a favourable comparison would be better if you compared the price of Moretti or Peroni with prices in a 4 star hotel and not in a supermarket. If you compared that about everything you would never stop moaning and purchase nothing.

Edited by majortom10

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

A pint of Peroni in my favourite local pub is £4.25. Pint on Oceana last month was £4.80. Not much difference really. But in Newcastle city centre I can pay £5 for a pint.

I found the drinks prices on my last P&O cruise to be very acceptable and compared with my local well.

Now Cunard, well that's a different assesement altogether !!!!! 😡😡

Edited by ZZRLAD

That's my point,comparing Italian super markets to British and Italian bars to British.A world of difference.Lidl Italia sell a good prosecco for 3 euro,saw the same one today in Lidl Sevenoaks for £6.75.Anyway I'm going off topic.A  "posh" branded lager glass is quite acceptable at the table,better than a real ale mug,lol.

Can’t wait for the start of the P&O Bavarian themed nights.

You get authentic 1 litre beer mugs and get to sing and join in with all the Bavarian Oom-Pah Pa music.

You also get to meet some excellent dining companions. :classic_ohmy::classic_biggrin:

4663785.jpg

Edited by P-L-B

36 minutes ago, P-L-B said:

Can’t wait for the start of the P&O Bavarian themed nights.

You get authentic 1 litre beer mugs and get to sing and join in with all the Bavarian Oom-Pah Pa music.

You also get to meet some excellent dining companions. :classic_ohmy::classic_biggrin:

4663785.jpg

I wouldn't want him on my table with a tie like that.lol.

• Like 1

Oh no, I've started a anti royals thread now.I just didn't want vertigo whilst eating. Anyway I'm confused,who is Harry Peterson and what's happened to the alterego Docco. A lot happens when you don't have internet for a week.

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Oh no, I've started a anti royals thread now.I just didn't want vertigo whilst eating. Anyway I'm confused,who is Harry Peterson and what's happened to the alterego Docco. A lot happens when you don't have internet for a week.

He is being held hostage by p&o and being forced to enjoy himself.

5 hours ago, ZZRLAD said:

A pint of Peroni in my favourite local pub is £4.25. Pint on Oceana last month was £4.80. Not much difference really. But in Newcastle city centre I can pay £5 for a pint.

I found the drinks prices on my last P&O cruise to be very acceptable and compared with my local well.

Now Cunard, well that's a different assesement altogether !!!!! 😡😡

A pint of Peroni in my local is £5.20. Aurora at Christmas was £4.75.

A pint of Fosters in my local is £3.45, P&O £4.10.

It is all relevant, but for a captive audience that could effectively charge what they like, P&O do very well in my book.

Andy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Yes, Charles is obviously saying to Camilla.

“B****y H**l Camilla must we go and join in with that ghastly sail away party”. !!!!!

4 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Due to the expression on his face I thought you were referring to Charles being forced to enjoy himself.

Silly me, you obviously are referring to Docco. :classic_blush: :classic_unsure: :classic_smile:

On 5/27/2019 at 2:55 PM, dgs1956 said:

It astounds me the constant winging about Formal Nights with people insulting those that are happy to adhere to the rules and actually enjoy dressing up. I accept that many people don't want to get "dressed up" and are happy to go about in shorts and t-shirts all day (probably the same ones). That is entirely their choice but P&O say that they will have Formal Nights and do have a dress code. The answer is simple and has been said many many times, if you don't like it then go elsewhere. I for one hope that things stay the way they are.

What about the rude and offensive remarks made to those who don’t want to dress formally like you have made saying “if you don’t like it go elsewhere”. Isn’t that rude?

• Like 1

Posh lager at a dinner table....don’t know what the fuss is about, surely  any drink is acceptable at dinner table in a suitable glass. Personally, I don’t like to see drinks being carried around the ship the logical reason being the risk if a spill as a slip hazard, broken glass or slopped on someone else’s clothes. However,  in my case, it’s just something I don’t like to see ....tin hat at the ready! 

Edited by Ranchi
Typo

7 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

What about the rude and offensive remarks made to those who don’t want to dress formally like you have made saying “if you don’t like it go elsewhere”. Isn’t that rude?

To be honest this is a argument the goes on all the time,on the one hand you have the ones who have done the formal nights and now are bored of them and wish them to stop,those who go on a cruise who knows that they have formal nights it’s not sprung on them but decide it’s not for them,but wish to change it for there own tastes disregarding those people who enjoy dressing up for dinner.

My view is allow those who wish to dress up to dine with like minded people and those who chose not to there are facilities for them to dine in the smart casual dress.

4 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

Posh lager at a dinner table....don’t know what the fuss is about, surely  any drink is acceptable at dinner table in a suitable glass. Personally, I don’t like to see drinks being carried around the ship the logical reason being the risk if a spill as a slip hazard, broken glass or slopped on someone else’s clothes. However,  in my case, it’s just something I don’t like to see ....tin hat at the ready! 

Sorry you lost me on posh lager is that the same cold almost clear liquid,to me the only posh drink is in a suitable glass is nice real ale preferably IPA.