Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up

Bee Guy

On 4/20/2019 at 9:33 AM, FritzG said:

You can also get a water package.  We traded ours for 18 bottles of water, still water only.  If you want some sparkling water you'll get fewer bottles.  

Water package is only about $7 & you can get a gallon of distilled water free if you tell them you have a CPAP machine.

21 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

Iirc, no Crown Royal in a mini bar. You may be able to order a larger bottle through room service.

Thanks. Will just swap out extra minis for Bombay for hubby and order a mini bottle of Crown for myself!

26 minutes ago, Pacificlander said:

Thanks. Will just swap out extra minis for Bombay for hubby and order a mini bottle of Crown for myself!

The gin is Gordon's not Bombay.

Vodka is SKY

Scotch is Dewar's

Brandy is Courvoisier VSOP fine cognac

The beer is Dos Equis, but another brand may be available if you call room service.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've swapped for wine on the SA cruise when I had old coffee cards to use up and will do again on the short Cabo cruise. They quoted off about 10 white wines (asked only for whites) that I could trade for. I was familiar with only 2. Picked a Chardonnay 

51 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

What wine can you substitute for?  Thanks.

41 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I've swapped for wine on the SA cruise when I had old coffee cards to use up and will do again on the short Cabo cruise. They quoted off about 10 white wines (asked only for whites) that I could trade for. I was familiar with only 2. Picked a Chardonnay 

I’ve never exchanged for a bottle of wine & have read it’s a $40 maximum...was that your experience?  Like your experience others have also reported a limited selection of wines for the exchange through room service.

On our recent B2B 7-day cruises we exchanged both minibars for beer & soda.  We only needed 1 coffee program which was usable on both cruises (couldn’t be booked as a single 14-day cruise) & paid for it with OBC.

For me a minibar (beer & soda) would cost over $90 or two coffee programs $70...a $40 limit for a bottle of wine saves them money.  Although it’s good to have these options so each of us can select our best one in exchange for the free elite minibar.

Has anyone cruised recently since the new coffee packages have come in? I presume you can no longer buy a coffee card but are you able, as Elite to still swap the minibar contents for 2 coffee packages?

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve never exchanged for a bottle of wine & have read it’s a $40 maximum...was that your experience?  Like your experience others have also reported a limited selection of wines for the exchange through room service.

On our recent B2B 7-day cruises we exchanged both minibars for beer & soda.  We only needed 1 coffee program which was usable on both cruises (couldn’t be booked as a single 14-day cruise) & paid for it with OBC.

For me a minibar (beer & soda) would cost over $90 or two coffee programs $70...a $40 limit for a bottle of wine saves them money.  Although it’s good to have these options so each of us can select our best one in exchange for the free elite minibar.

Exactly. But I don't drink hard liquor, beer, or soda. I had a coffee card (yes, paper) to use up which they honored. On my upcoming 5 night cruise I'll trade for wine again and buy coffee. Whatever uses less OBCs

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Pansy2801 said:

Are apple, cranberry, grape juice available for exchange of the Elite minibar? 

Did not see any juices on the small mini bar menu. Just sodas, Perrier, plain water, beer, gin, scotch, vodka and cognac. You can get apple & cranberry juice for free during breakfast hours, I think up to 11am. I have never seen grape juice on a Princess ship.

Edited by skynight

4 hours ago, ann141 said:

Has anyone cruised recently since the new coffee packages have come in? I presume you can no longer buy a coffee card but are you able, as Elite to still swap the minibar contents for 2 coffee packages?

You can still purchase the New Grounds Coffee Package which includes the 15 espresso drinks plus the unlimited brewed coffee & premium teas for the cruise, $36.58. If you swap the entire mini bar you can get two packages, normally one loaded onto each account, but you can load both onto a single account if you ask. 

9 hours ago, skynight said:

You can still purchase the New Grounds Coffee Package which includes the 15 espresso drinks plus the unlimited brewed coffee & premium teas for the cruise, $36.58. If you swap the entire mini bar you can get two packages, normally one loaded onto each account, but you can load both onto a single account if you ask. 

THank you.Thats great!

11 hours ago, skynight said:

My husband is elite and I am not quite yet, so we'll get one mini bar on our next cruise.  If we swap it for coffee, will they load one coffee package on each of our accounts?  Putting 2 on my husband's is a waste because he drinks only brewed so he will never use more than one.

With all the soda package changes, it would be nice if they would allow you to do one coffee package and one soda package for the mini bar setup.  I'm going to ask on my next cruise, but I'm still taking lots of drinks onboard with me so I don't have to buy one the new newly way overpriced soft drink packages.

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

With all the soda package changes, it would be nice if they would allow you to do one coffee package and one soda package for the mini bar setup.  I'm going to ask on my next cruise, but I'm still taking lots of drinks onboard with me so I don't have to buy one the new newly way overpriced soft drink packages.

It's not likely that that will happen. The packages would be more $ than the cost of a mini-bar for almost every cruise.

5 minutes ago, disneychick04 said:

So if I want to ask to have everything changed out for water bottles, do I call room service or do I ask the room steward?

Either one. While room service handles the actual swap, your RS will handle your request if you ask him/her. 

30 minutes ago, disneychick04 said:

So if I want to ask to have everything changed out for water bottles, do I call room service or do I ask the room steward?

Just easier to call room service. Cabin steward is very busy.