Chops + 1

2 hours ago, beardedladies said:

It's changed over on our UK-based bookings too.

So looking at my next cruise, it's Chops+1 for £49 or 3-night for £52. For just £3 more I'd go for the 3-night. Plus you get more flexibility in what restaurant you choose for the first meal.

One of my cruises matches your prices but on another I see..

Chops +1 is £44.84pp

3n Meal is £52.44

Giovannis is £25.07 (which I can use D+ BOGO)

Chops is £30.39 (which we can use for DH's BOGO)

So 2 D+ dinners for 2 is £55.46 vs Chops +1 at £89.68.....

Let me think about that....🧐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmm, BOGO still available on Grandeur NE Canada in July for $39.99 and Chops + 1 can now be booked for $59. I suppose the attraction for Chops + 1(apart from flexibility of 2nd  date) is the 40% discount on a bottle of wine , However, premium of just shy of $40 for two rather cancels that out, at least for me!

Just booked Chops + 1 for our August 2020 Brilliance cruise, $59 per person. At checkout we had to select a reservation time on one of the first two days for Chops, but there was no place to reserve our second choice. Any ideas how we go about doing that?

Never mind, looks like it has to happen onboard. 

“All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.”

9 minutes ago, jacobtsf said:

Never mind, looks like it has to happen onboard. 

“All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.”

I called RCI about how to reserve for the second day. Rep said second day "sold out"...which I believe to be BS. On our Anthem cruise next month, second night like many is first formal night in MDR...so we figured we'd take the second cruise night for Chops as we really don't care about formal nights in MDR but allegedly, not available. Guy also says they have a limited number of Chops+1 "packages" and have to leave options for for regular Chops bookings, which he'd gladly would have made for us at pretty much any time slot on second night, at the full $49.95 cost. Um, no thanks.

The 2 night BOGO that this Chops+1 sort of replaced, did those 2 nights have to be the first 2 nights of cruise or could be 1st night place one other?

2 hours ago, bar1068 said:

The 2 night BOGO that this Chops+1 sort of replaced, did those 2 nights have to be the first 2 nights of cruise or could be 1st night place one other?

The "rule" was first two nights.  Some people reported that their mileage varied 😉 and they were able to book different nights. 

On 4/24/2019 at 1:38 PM, dutchclogs said:

Hmm, BOGO still available on Grandeur NE Canada in July for $39.99 and Chops + 1 can now be booked for $59. I suppose the attraction for Chops + 1(apart from flexibility of 2nd  date) is the 40% discount on a bottle of wine , However, premium of just shy of $40 for two rather cancels that out, at least for me!

Great.  First I've heard of both being offered.

Looks to me like they made the three night dining package “look“ more attractive by putting in the chops  plus one. 

Those of you who have now purchased three night dining package had you consider doing it before you saw the chops  plus one offer that was just slightly less? If not, then RCCL  marketing did their job. 

Enjoy

m

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Those of you who have now purchased three night dining package had you consider doing it before you saw the chops  plus one offer that was just slightly less?

I was on the fence between the 3 night package and the BOGO. The per meal price was practically the same, pennies cheaper on the BOGO. With the disappearance of the BOGO I locked in the 3 night but I am still checking the price daily in case it goes down more.

Looks to me like they made the three night dining package “look“ more attractive by putting in the chops  plus one. 

Those of you who have now purchased three night dining package had you consider doing it before you saw the chops  plus one offer that was just slightly less? If not, then RCCL  marketing did their job. 

Enjoy

m
Yup we had already booked it months ago

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Terms and conditions say no.

One reservation must be used on the first or second night of the sailing. Price is per person, food only; Beverages not included. Second dinner of package may not be redeemed in Chops Grille. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef’s Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience, Mystery Dinner Theater and Holiday Dinners. Offer provides discount off wine selections at specialty dining restaurants with the purchase of a qualifying dining package. Offer provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100. Terms of RoyalCaribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are $10.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Terms and conditions say no.

One reservation must be used on the first or second night of the sailing. Price is per person, food only; Beverages not included. Second dinner of package may not be redeemed in Chops Grille. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef’s Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience, Mystery Dinner Theater and Holiday Dinners. Offer provides discount off wine selections at specialty dining restaurants with the purchase of a qualifying dining package. Offer provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100. Terms of RoyalCaribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are $10.

Thank you! I guess I missed that.

Is this new? Logged into my planner today and I see "Chops + 1" for $75 pp on HOTS in Feb 2020. Says "One dinner must be redeemed on the evening of Day 1 or Day 2 of the sailing. The second dinner can be redeemed any other night of the sailing."

"Make your adventure a true flavor fest with an all new, exclusive dining experience — Chops +1. Savor dinner at the Royal Caribbean hallmark steakhouse, Chops Grille and feast on signature favorites, including hand cut steaks, Maine lobster, irresistible sides like Gruyère Cheese Tater Tots and decadent desserts like Warm Apple Pie a la Mode. And get your gourmet foodie fix with a second night at a select specialty dining restaurant of your choice — at an amazing value. Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants.

A courtesy reservation will be made for the first or second night of your cruise at Chops Grille based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant."

I haven't looked up the pricing for the different restaurants to see if this is a good deal or not...

On 4/24/2019 at 6:38 PM, dutchclogs said:

In the past BOGO included 40% off bottles of wine, we have it booked for our next cruise, hope it still does