New Aquafina menu debuts on Quest

postnobills

The goats cheese soufflé hasn’t been there for several years except as an occasional special. Last time I had it as a special was the night Journey celebrated 10 years with Azamara and they did a special old favourites menu in Aqualina.  I’d love to see it back permanently- there must be a reason (technical) why it’s not because so many people miss it and Azamara usually listens.

Delighted the limoncello soufflé is back. Is that on the permanent printed menu and if so did the other limoncello dessert also stay?  A favourite I still miss from years back was the limoncello baba.  Whilst I liked the new limoncello mousse dessert I’d have loved to see the baba make a permanent return in its place. 

But this is all likes- let’s be thankful we can enjoy 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

The goats cheese soufflé hasn’t been there for several years except as an occasional special. Last time I had it as a special was the night Journey celebrated 10 years with Azamara and they did a special old favourites menu in Aqualina.  I’d love to see it back permanently- there must be a reason (technical) why it’s not because so many people miss it and Azamara usually listens.

Delighted the limoncello soufflé is back. Is that on the permanent printed menu and if so did the other limoncello dessert also stay?  A favourite I still miss from years back was the limoncello baba.  Whilst I liked the new limoncello mousse dessert I’d have loved to see the baba make a permanent return in its place. 

But this is all likes- let’s be thankful we can enjoy 

Last month on Pursuit we were asked to fill in a questionnaire about the new menu.

It seems that they will be making a few more changes, it has not been received has well has they hoped.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Last month on Pursuit we were asked to fill in a questionnaire about the new menu.

It seems that they will be making a few more changes, it has not been received has well has they hoped.

Hoping the veal chop stays.

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Hoping the Dover Sole returns. 

7 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

No cornish hen. 

The Sea Bass was OK., but yeahh would prefer the Sole. 

How was the Dover Sole prepared on the previous menu?  I assume if one was to ask for it they would prepare it the same way.

Just now, SoBaycruiser said:

How was the Dover Sole prepared on the previous menu?  I assume if one was to ask for it they would prepare it the same way.

Prepared and deboned the table. Didn't ask for it this time. Always a winner. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

No cornish hen. 

The Sea Bass was OK., but yeahh would prefer the Sole. 

It’s ok I’ve found it, it’s under the pasta column. Glad it’s there still because I loved it, the duck confit through the pasta was divine

23 minutes ago, uktog said:

It’s ok I’ve found it, it’s under the pasta column. Glad it’s there still because I loved it, the duck confit through the pasta was divine

Gallina della Cornovaglia??? No wonder I didn’t find it. 😂😂

Must try that next time.

Edited by oddjob16
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2019 at 1:05 AM, uktog said:

The goats cheese soufflé hasn’t been there for several years except as an occasional special.

Cruised Azamara for 1st time last November and have 2 cruises booked.  Don't remember seeing Goat Cheese Souffle.  Is goat Cheese Souffle an appetizer or desert?  Had the Sole and was awesome will ask ahead for it.

Art

1 hour ago, doubled said:

Cruised Azamara for 1st time last November and have 2 cruises booked.  Don't remember seeing Goat Cheese Souffle.  Is goat Cheese Souffle an appetizer or desert?  Had the Sole and was awesome will ask ahead for it.

Art

It's an appetiser and it's just divine. It used to be on the regular menu but for some very strange reason (like the Dover Sole) it was removed. It sometimes makes an appearance as "a special" but as long as you ask politely and give at least 24 hours notice they have always been happy to make it for me. 

I shall be asking nicely for it again on Pursuit in 11 days...followed by the Dover Sole! 

I’m sure they are trying to settle on a menu which reduces to an absolute minimum these off menu requests for all but dietary reasons 

Edited by uktog

30 minutes ago, uktog said:

I’m sure they are trying to settle on a menu which reduces to an absolute minimum these off menu requests for all but dietary reasons 

Then they are not doing a very good job of it Ann when they remove the most popular items! If people are continually requesting them then it is for a reason...they like them! Sea Bass is no substitute for Dover Sole in my opinion...but of course, it is much cheaper. I'm sure the Spaghetti Bolognaise in Aqualina is lovely...but I make my own pasta at home and have this every week. It isn't at all special for me. 

I get it that you don't like to make "special requests" off menu and you have said many times before that your childhood taught you to eat what you were given. 

However we are paying many thousands of pounds for a cruise....and then extra for the speciality restaurants as I will rarely be in a suite nowadays. 

More to the point, both Bonnie and the Chef's on the ship have said they are very happy to oblige with requests as long as they have the ingredients onboard and they are given some notice...so I will continue to politely request my Dover Sole and Goat's Cheese Soufflé. If they can't do if because the ingredients are not available then that's OK. It has never been a problem in the past. 

I also now have very important dietary requirements and I will be restricted to what I can eat but I'm not saying that plays any part in my choices at all. I just like Dover Sole and Goat's Cheese Soufflé, as apparently do many other's. 

Lottie, how do you know people are continually asking?  It's only on pages here you are reading that.  I am sure that most people wouldn't even know and go with what's on offer. 

Overall having tried the new menu I prefer it to the old one. Tweaks will happen of course. They were trialled and rolled out across the fleet at different times. Hopefully Azamara will listen to their guests, but for the moment I am happy.  It's a nice menu. Variety. 

Phil 

Exactly Phil...,most people don't know that they could request Dover Sole for example and that's clearly wrong. They should know that it is available on request and not just us passengers "in the know" on CC.

From everything that I have read on here Dover Sole is far more popular than the cheaper Sea Bass alternative and having watched Laze or Alex debone many servings so expertly at the table side it was certainly noticeably very popular on all my cruises! 

I also don't think people are continually requesting off menu items either. Maybe one or two items a cruise possibly....and if it can't be done for whatever reason, then that's OK. It's usually something off the Prime C menu in Aqualina or vice versa. It really is no big deal. 

Remember Bonnie has said several times that we can ask and if they can do it then they will. 

Some items on the new menu do look interesting and I look forward to trying them soon. Some are very clearly cost cutting. My opinion.