New Aquafina menu debuts on Quest

postnobills

33 minutes ago, uktog said:

Ok sometimes you get it wrong - and deep down to us the loss of Dover sole was a big mistake and no we will never order off menu. 

BUT 

We dined in Aqualina on Journey this week. We decided to approach it on the basis we had never been to Aqualina before but also we’d try only changed dishes. It was a huge success so we’ve booked again. Some of the dishes need their descriptions changing - like the Cornish Hen which has the (unmentioned) delicious duck confit worked through the pasta. The spaghetti bolognaise is so good I’m told and like nothing I’ve ever inflicted on DH I understand. 

The limoncello mousse dessert is a refreshing delight. 

So advice is forget you ever knew the old menu, go and stay on the new one   You hopefully won’t be disappointed. 

Next visit I will try and remember to take photos  

Nice to read this.  Looking forward to trying Tuesday night.

5 hours ago, uktog said:

Ok sometimes you get it wrong - and deep down to us the loss of Dover sole was a big mistake and no we will never order off menu. 

BUT 

We dined in Aqualina on Journey this week. We decided to approach it on the basis we had never been to Aqualina before but also we’d try only changed dishes. It was a huge success so we’ve booked again. Some of the dishes need their descriptions changing - like the Cornish Hen which has the (unmentioned) delicious duck confit worked through the pasta. The spaghetti bolognaise is so good I’m told and like nothing I’ve ever inflicted on DH I understand. 

The limoncello mousse dessert is a refreshing delight. 

So advice is forget you ever knew the old menu, go and stay on the new one   You hopefully won’t be disappointed. 

Next visit I will try and remember to take photos  

Agree the new Aqualina menu is a great improvement but maybe its personal taste but I think the limoncello mousse is the worst dessert on the menu although I have not tried all of the desserts.

Hi,  1st time on Azamara Quest next week to Alaska.  Was very happy to see vegan selections are available in MDR and specialty restaurants with no need to contact Azamara with dietary requirements.  Previous sailings on NCL and HAL were a pain as meals for next day were chosen before leaving dining room after lunch and dinner.  Trouble was the next day you didn't necessarily fancy what you'd ordered the day before but felt you had to eat it after the kitchen catered to you.  Also if you were sharing a table or sitting close to others people would want to know why you were pre-ordering, which becomes tiring and repetitive.

Happy we chose Azamara and looking forward to seeing the menu's and the cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Serendipity333 said:

Hi,  1st time on Azamara Quest next week to Alaska.  Was very happy to see vegan selections are available in MDR and specialty restaurants with no need to contact Azamara with dietary requirements.  Previous sailings on NCL and HAL were a pain as meals for next day were chosen before leaving dining room after lunch and dinner.  Trouble was the next day you didn't necessarily fancy what you'd ordered the day before but felt you had to eat it after the kitchen catered to you.  Also if you were sharing a table or sitting close to others people would want to know why you were pre-ordering, which becomes tiring and repetitive.

Happy we chose Azamara and looking forward to seeing the menu's and the cruise.

Next week on Quest, will be our first Azamara experience also.  We have seen a number of conflicting reports lately, it will be nice to have the opportunity to finally experience it first-hand.

Maybe we will meet on-board and discuss our "First Timers" experience(s)?

NRayH

1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

Welcome Serendipity333 and Ray in NH!  I hope you love your first cruise with us!

Thank you Bonnie,

We are really looking forward to it.  Only four "wake-ups" until we are on our way.

NRayH

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 3:19 AM, Ray in NH said:

Next week on Quest, will be our first Azamara experience also.  We have seen a number of conflicting reports lately, it will be nice to have the opportunity to finally experience it first-hand.

Maybe we will meet on-board and discuss our "First Timers" experience(s)?

NRayH

Hi Ray,  I'm sure we will meet up at meet & mingle.  2 more sleeps 😊

We usually cruise Celebrity, but have decided to “move on” to something smaller and more personal. That said, we are taking our first Azamara cruise in August on the Journey.  I have been reading the boards here in preparation and have found so much helpful information to help us plan for our trip.  This particular conversation and the responses makes me think we have chosen well.  We are looking forward to our cruise and are grateful for all the tips and comments we have found.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, peter pan said:

We usually cruise Celebrity, but have decided to “move on” to something smaller and more personal. That said, we are taking our first Azamara cruise in August on the Journey.  I have been reading the boards here in preparation and have found so much helpful information to help us plan for our trip.  This particular conversation and the responses makes me think we have chosen well.  We are looking forward to our cruise and are grateful for all the tips and comments we have found.

I hope you have a great cruise and enjoy trying both speciality restaurants.

I have a funny story to share.  We were on the first cruise to Alaska last week and had the opportunity to eat in Aqualina a few times.  We tried something different each night and loved everything we ate.  At least to us, we were very happy with the new menu.  Except we did miss the Limoncello Soufflé.  The new Hazelnut Soufflé is good but the Limoncello Mousse is a poor substitute.   Fast forward to another evening in Prime C and after we placed our order we were told they had a special dessert that night and low and behold it was the Limoncello Soufflé.   To our excitement we chose that and the waiter laughed and said so was everyone else.  Maybe that will be a sign that it was a mistake to remove from the new menu.   In any case it was as good as it always was in Aqualina!    Dave

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 3:11 PM, NewPennCruiser said:

I have a funny story to share.  We were on the first cruise to Alaska last week and had the opportunity to eat in Aqualina a few times.  We tried something different each night and loved everything we ate.  At least to us, we were very happy with the new menu.  Except we did miss the Limoncello Soufflé.  The new Hazelnut Soufflé is good but the Limoncello Mousse is a poor substitute.   Fast forward to another evening in Prime C and after we placed our order we were told they had a special dessert that night and low and behold it was the Limoncello Soufflé.   To our excitement we chose that and the waiter laughed and said so was everyone else.  Maybe that will be a sign that it was a mistake to remove from the new menu.   In any case it was as good as it always was in Aqualina!    Dave

We were on the Tokyo to Seward cruise and I commented to my husband in Aqualina - I wish they had the blue cheese souffle and the limoncello souffle still on the meno and hey presto the very next night we had both.....we came to the conclusion that 'Walls have ears', especially on a cruise ship....

2 hours ago, aussie travel bird said:

We were on the Tokyo to Seward cruise and I commented to my husband in Aqualina - I wish they had the blue cheese souffle and the limoncello souffle still on the meno and hey presto the very next night we had both.....we came to the conclusion that 'Walls have ears', especially on a cruise ship....

Goat cheese?